My boy age 7 1/2 told me yesterday his penis was hurting so I asked when it started he said a couple days ago. I ask where he goes at this lump so I ask him to go into the restroom to pull back his foreskin so I could get a look at that lump. It was a thumbtack size of a lump on the side of his glans on the side of it looked like it was slightly split apart. The bump looked like it was chock full of white stuff. Now his lump has disappeared and he has no more pain. On the side of his glans where the lump was it looks like there is a bluish bruise.
Related Forum Threads
- Wife went and got son cut.. Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:58am in Circumcision
- J Kellogg and his little-known alternative to stop boys from 'self-abuse'. This is not... Last post on 5/15/13 at 8:10pm in Circumcision
- Uncircumcised infant Last post on 5/6/13 at 8:43pm in Circumcision
- I have to say... Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:32am in Circumcision
- Foul smelling discharge Last post on 4/29/13 at 10:47am in Circumcision
Protect Your Uncircumcised Son: Expert Medical Advice for Parents
Edited on 11/2/12
- Cutting KidsEdited on 9/21/12
- Marilyn Milos Discusses Circumcision
Question What could this bepost #1 of 64/8/12 at 10:39pmThread Starterpost #2 of 64/21/12 at 5:58ampost #3 of 64/21/12 at 12:02pmTo me it sounds like a Preputial CystQuote:There is also something called a Preputial Cyst that occurs on occasion. Sometimes known as a Keratin Pearl caused by dead skin cells accumulating under the top layer of skin on the glans. The appearance of swelling may occur sporadically as preputial cysts break through adhesions (push up against them) to allow separation of the prepuce, foreskin, from the glans. These whitish cysts are sometimes mistaken for pus due to infection, but they merely represent sterile collections of dead skin. It is a lot like a Smegma pearl but is not between the glans and foreskin but under the skin of the glans. In either case nothing special needs to be done.
Here is a picture of what it looks like http://www.cirp.org/library/hygiene/camille1/figure2.jpg This is a picture of a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done.
Here is a link that you might find helpful as well it talks about many different issues that might come up with the intact penis and how or if to deal with them http://www.mothering.com/community/t/764732/possible-seperation-issues-sore-red-irritated-ballooning-normal-development-etc/0_100post #4 of 66/2/12 at 6:16pm
I suspect it is something called a "pearly penile papule." They are totally harmless. No treatment is needed. They may exist for years or may disappear all on their own.
Go to www.cirp.org and search for "pearly penile papules." You should find pictures there you can compare to.
Frankpost #5 of 68/4/12 at 2:06amQuote:
...a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done. ...
This isn't entirely correct. When you easily can retract the foreskin there are no worries doing it. In fact, when little boys are sitting in the bath tub they shuld be encouraged to do it as far back as they can and "wiggle" their penis in the water to wash off urine residues and other "grit". No soap in this age! So the correct term should be ...a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done FORCEFULLY. ...
Peace and all the best from Norway! :-)post #6 of 68/4/12 at 7:50pmThank you for chiming in Steinn and welcome to MDC.
I think what pp meant is that no one but the boy should be pushing the foreskin back since they cannot tell how much is to much and might cause harm without meaning to.
- Question What could this be
- Cutting Kids
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 2 minutes ago
- › Help! I can't decide if I should do an Unassisted Childbirth at home. 2 minutes ago
- › Great books for summer reading? 4 minutes ago
- › bi-polar sociopath daughter 4 minutes ago
- › Help from Family - Timing 8 minutes ago
- › How long did you wait for your placenta? 9 minutes ago
- › What would you do if you saw kids left in a car? 11 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 13 minutes ago
- › Ways to cool off as it gets hot out. 13 minutes ago
- › Did your boys arrive later than your girls? 16 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo