Wow am I glad I popped in! Holy moly fertile mertles in here. We're going to have to change our name to, like, happy-go-lucky sushi ladies who get pregnant at the drop-of-a-hat or something! I was just thinking about agreenmum the other day and tried to check up on you here, but couldn't search your name for some reason. Some BSLs just get stuck in my thoughts -- Milk, for example -- and agreenmum is one of them. Monkeyscience, WOW! How cool is that?! Eventually ya'll need to look into some birth control, which is what my husband and I are checking into (still). My husband gets really nervous if he sees me looking at babies (tear, that is a gorgeous bub!), but truth be told, with 22-month-old triplets, I'm feeling pretty ok with the idea that my baby days may be over. I can still admire a lovely lavatea belly from over here, though!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 4/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread Spring/Summer 2012 - Page 13post #241 of 2478/29/13 at 1:23ampost #242 of 2479/17/13 at 10:43amThread Starterpost #243 of 2479/17/13 at 11:39ampost #244 of 2479/18/13 at 2:36ampost #245 of 24711/22/13 at 10:33am
Wanted to bump up our thread- it has been a few months and I have been MIA for longer. How is everyone? New pregnancies? New babies? New toddlers :)?
June is almost 17 months. She wants to be grown up. Her favorite things to say are that's mine and her sister's name. She is so busy, but so sweet and so awesome, with endless hugs and kisses for all of us. Here's a recent pic. Hugs to you all.post #246 of 24711/22/13 at 11:29amHey there, CA! 17 months is approaching my favorite age (18 mos). Just love them so much at that age - so full of energy but still baby-ish.
How are you doing, Monkey? Today is the 4 year anniversary of my first loss. Hugs to you.
My rainbow boy will be 2 in just a few short weeks. He loves his baby sister to pieces.post #247 of 24711/22/13 at 5:30pmThread Starter
I'm doing okay. Just finished my first post-miscarriage period a few days ago. I didn't know I was ovulating until after the fact, but dh was gone for several days before and after O, so I figure that was God's way of deciding for us about trying that cycle.
Today is the 2nd anniversary of the conception of our son. Part of me almost wanted to get pregnant again today, as if maybe the same magic would happen on this day. (Though I don't really want our children to share birthdays!) I mentioned the significance of the day to dh, and he said, "I think we should try to have another baby. I think [ds] needs someone to play with." dh has been gung-ho about try again ever since the miscarriage. I still find it surprising, based on his initial reaction to the pregnancy (very worried about finances and logistics). I continue to feel very, very ambivalent about the whole thing. Sometimes I really want to get pregnant ASAP, other times I find myself thinking that maybe we should just stop with one. (I know we are *not* stopping with one, which is what makes that so strange for me to think.) Really, I don't think I've let go of my April baby yet. I still want *that* baby back, even though that can never happen. I'm not sure when I'll move past that point.
I'm also not wanting to TTC in December, because we already have 4 siblings (2 each) in our families born in September, and that's plenty of birthdays for one month. At the same time, it feels stupid and shallow to purposely avoid conceiving for that reason, when it's so difficult for me to conceive and/or carry to term in the first place. Like who am I to tell God, "Yes, I want a baby, but not in September"?
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Bumps downstairs.. 56 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Looking for sweets and cookies that are healthy and taste nice 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild