Just curious.... am I the only one who takes pictures of the number on the scale?
Related Forum Threads
- Weight loss challenge! Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:15am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/18/14 at 12:05pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
- 1001 MINUTES CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR!!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:14am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
The eight week healthy weight loss challenge (week four and beyond...) - Page 8post #141 of 2764/24/12 at 9:23pmpost #142 of 2764/25/12 at 3:44amThread StarterQuote:
My weight loss seems to have slowed right down again, but this time around I did take measurements. As of last week, I have lost 10cm off my waist and 6cm off my boobs since the beginning of the challenge. Pretty fricken' awesome. I am just a teeny bit away from fitting back into my "skinny" jeans.post #143 of 2764/25/12 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Milk8shake
My weight loss seems to have slowed right down again, but this time around I did take measurements. As of last week, I have lost 10cm off my waist and 6cm off my boobs since the beginning of the challenge. Pretty fricken' awesome. I am just a teeny bit away from fitting back into my "skinny" jeans.
Oh thank heavens! I know I'm weird, but it helps to know that I'm not alone in it.
Congrats on the cm lost! (and hope the rest of the boobage stays put!) Skinny jeans sound awesome.
I'm aiming for breaking out of the 190s this week... I believe I currently weigh less than my dh has ever seen me at (and we've been together for 15 years!). I should go shopping at the local donation center for smaller pants - either that or get suspenders.post #144 of 2764/26/12 at 3:15am
It is kind of funny how weight distribution gets lost. I sure wish it would stay on the boobs, but leave on the waist and butt first. No such luck for me. I keep track of measurements like bust, waist, hips, etc but I don't photograph my scale. I have a calendar in my bathroom to write my weight on each day to see how I am keeping up.post #145 of 2764/26/12 at 6:28ampost #146 of 2764/26/12 at 10:57ampost #147 of 2764/26/12 at 2:45pmI'm starting to feel comfortable eating regular food again instead of my diet but I got the photos back from my vacation and I have such a long ways to go. my face is still so fat in my chin is so huge. as for dieting I'm so burned out though. I have no idea how to regain my focus. frustrating. still no internet connection at home trying to use my phonepost #148 of 2764/26/12 at 7:10pm
after losing 43 pounds by stopping eating at or before 5 pm, i hit a stall and didn't lose anything for about 4 weeks. now i decided to shake it up a bit and have resumed eating lightly a bit later in the day. today i had a bowl of fresh fruit, watermelon, strawberries, red grapes.
i know i'm losing because my my stomach is growling again. it had stopped growling in the evenings around the time that my weight loss stalled.post #149 of 2764/27/12 at 5:10ampost #150 of 2764/28/12 at 6:24amI hurt my neck Thursday morning. I couldn't move it at all that first day, but I'm slowly gaining mobility now. I haven't been able to exercise and my weight has stalled at 2 lbs over my goal weight - so frustrating! Especially since I'm so so close to hitting the 50 lb mark. I'm going to try doing a gentle workout today, maybe on the stationary bike, after I take a painkiller.
And a plea to the universe: nothing else, ok?? I had the flu, tonsillitis, and a neck injury in a single week.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2post #151 of 2764/28/12 at 2:06pm
I'm sorry i totally missed the monday weigh in
I'm so lost and frustrated though....my weight is all over the place every day of every week. I've fluctuated from 191-197 all over the place, without any real progress over time it seems.
Usually I get to 192-193 midweek, but on Mondays I'm always 195-197. This particular number above was actually my Wednesday weight I believe.
I did make a major commitment to exercise though. I joined a gym on April 18th and in the last 11 days I've been 9 times for an hour each time. I'm alternating between 60 min. Zumba for cardio and a 60 min. weight-lifting group class each day (with a rest day here or there) and yoga is every Monday to really stretch out and reward myself for the previous week. I feel really good doing this. It is a lovely break from my SAHM life and something for me! And my energy levels are really good. I feel so good after I wallk out of that gym!
Problem is: my appetite is a little through the roof...so eating light has become so much more challenging than it already has been.
Someone else mentioned the weight loss stopping or the gaining when you first start exercising. That ALWAYS happens to me, and I always feel so silly talking about ti, because it sounds like some lame excuse. I wonder if it has something to do with increased water intake and maybe a bit of swelling or inflammation from pushing your body to do things it isn't used to. But the gain is usually temporary.
My biggest problem is aligning good eating with exercise. i can do the eating thing on its's own and it just takes so much out of me. I lost 25 lbs. on weight watchers without any exercise (but slowly ended up gaining it all back). And I spent a whole summer doing boot camp before my wedding, but just couldn't commit to the eating thing because the boot camp was enough of a change and challenge. I didn't lose anything but changed my shape and strength and felt really good. If i could do both at the same time. I'm sure i'd have stellar results!!post #152 of 2764/29/12 at 2:25ampost #153 of 2764/29/12 at 10:48ampost #154 of 2764/29/12 at 2:18pmpost #155 of 2764/30/12 at 3:03ampost #156 of 2764/30/12 at 4:49ampost #157 of 2764/30/12 at 5:52am
I ran a Half Marathon in 2 hrs 31 minutes yesterday. I am quite proud of that. I kind of wanted to have a t-shirt that said 210 lbs and Running 13.1 Miles. I think that it would be nice if people were more open about their weight and could relate better to other people. But then again, I did not do make/wear such a shirt and it took many years for me to disclose my weight to my husband.
I took it easy on exercise this week so not to be sore before my race and my weight was up to 210 yesterday and this morning I am weighing in at 207. No gain/loss for last week.post #158 of 2764/30/12 at 6:16ampost #159 of 2764/30/12 at 6:59am
Tell me what week we're on here?
At least it didn't get worse this week:
But, it's still worse than our start, and this past week I totally upped my exercise and got even tighter on my eating. I'm really confuzzled. Not giving up, but it seems I do need to set my sights on just finishing this challenge with a minus at all, never mind 8 lbs, which I'd fantasized about at the start...
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › April Chat/Vent 6 minutes ago
- › Struggles with my gifted teen 7 minutes ago
- › TODDLER BEHAVIOR, what is normal and how best to respond??? 7 minutes ago
- › Totaly frustrated(( 14 minutes ago
- › What will you wear during labor? 18 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 33 minutes ago
- › The symptoms Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Working With Doctors 38 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 43 minutes ago
- › Movement? 48 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool