I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I had my previous 2 in hospitals. The first was horrible and the second was alright, but not the experience I want. My husband and I had talked about doing a home birth but the cost of a midwife was a bit much for us. We dropped the issue and decided to go to the hospital birth route again and pray for a better outcome. After a birthing class last night from a dear friend and a doula, we have changed our minds (my mind has always been on the home birth, but I was very nervous and scared and wanted the support of my husband). I have another friend that lives 1 house away that has done 2 previous unassisted home births and is giving me a few books to read and websites to venture into. I have read a few threads already and got a lot of info so far. I am still nervous but I really want this. So with that being said... Here is my list
- I plan to do a water birth and I am not 100% sure on all the supplies I need or require.
- My biggest fear so far is with my last child I tore and needed to be stitched. I have heard that I can go into the doctor and get stitched up, however I am looking for ways NOT to tear and any advice would be GREAT!
- When the baby is born does it matter how far you cut the cord?
- What do you use to weigh the baby after he/she is born?
- I am wanting to know of any other advice or direction anyone can point me to!!!
Thanks soo much!!