Ds turned 5 in November and will start kindergarten next fall. He has received all the vaccines he needs except the Hep B series (needs all 3 of them) and varicella and I really don't want to give him those. However, short of a religious exemption, I'm not sure how to do that. If I'm correct, I can't selectively vax with a religious exemption, right? I'm in VA. And if I sign a religious exemption, does that mean I can't vaccinate my other two younger children at all? Is it really an all or nothing decision here?
We saw our ped today for the first time in....awhile. Kids haven't been sick enough to go and we are still discussing vaccines here and I didn't want that pressure. But we have a new little one and ds1 is entering kindergarten and we needed to go. She was very nice until we got to the vaccine conversation. I felt really pressured to get them completely caught up on all vaccines immediately. There was a lot of pressure and a bit of eyerolling on her part but once that was over, she moved on and the rest of the visit was fine. She obviously won't sign off on the required kindergarten papers though and I'm not sure she'd accept us if I said I decided to not vax at all. And I'm not sure what she'd do if I told her ds1 has a religious exemption at school but asked for selective vaccines for the younger two kids. I don't know whether to be happy she didn't push the issue beyond what she did or be upset and look for a new ped because she did have a bit of an attitude during that part of the conversation. There is another ped that does not vax at all but he's about an hour away and doesn't take insurance. With 3 little ones, I don't know if I want to drive that far every time they get sick plus it would be rather expensive. I've considered a family physician but not sure that's going to be a whole lot different than the ped.
I feel like I'm rambling and can't quite get my thoughts together. I don't know anyone IRL to talk with that questions vaccines and I just feel so lost and confused right now.:(