My 2 yo dd (the one rolling and tumbling in my siggy :) ) has been diagnosed with a few things thus far: hearing impaired, developmentally delayed, celiac disease, and possible down syndrome (no insurance no even medicaid... long story) Ok, so what I want to know is what you think of this:
The blood test (i'm not sure which one) for celiac came back positive. The other day her former doctor called to say that the manufacturer messed up and the test had a chemical that causes false positives. Ok, dd definitely has gluten intolerance, I know when she has had so much as a lick of a cookie, and being a busy 2 yo that happens more than I like to think about. Should I bother having her retested (the manufacturer will pay for it) or wait until we do the genetic testing and take the extra vial then or just not worry about it since I know she has the intolerance?? I'm just confused.
A bit more background, we didn't do an intestinal biopsy because the blood test was positive. I'm not sure i would do that on her since she is always in so much pain and that seems like recovery would be painful.