My 7 day old baby is normally a very sleepy baby and is only really awake for a few hours a day other then when he wakes for feeds and changing but tonight he had been qinging and crying more than usual and when i pick him up to cuddle him he arches his back and pulls his legs right up.. i have winded him so he doesnt have wind what could be wrong with him ? x
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasound and Autism, preterm labor and other birth defects Last post on 5/21/13 at 4:04pm in I'm Pregnant
- Goodbye to MDC, no longer a positive place Last post on 6/10/13 at 5:06am in Site help and feedback
- best type of preschool curriculum for my highly sensitive child Last post on 4/28/13 at 12:23pm in Learning at School
- I'm not sure where to post this Last post on 2/28/13 at 9:48am in Site help and feedback
Newborn arching his back and crying whats wrong ?
My DD did that when she had gas--especially the back arching. I have to avoid eating a lot of stuff (onions & garlic, anything sour, nuts, most fruit) or else she gets gas.
Our pediatrician could tell she was gassy by tapping on her tummy in a special way (we figured it out by the passed gas, but she was double-checking). It's worth asking!
Baby could also need to burp (or poop)! If my baby didn't need to burp but was arching her back I would hold her over a bowl and low and behold- she would poop right into it. Hope things get better, don't stress yourself (easier said than done, I know).
yes, for our DD it was gas. We laid her on her back and bent her legs up, holding her calves together and gently but firmly rotated her legs in a clockwise motion. More often than not she would release quite bit of gas, no doubt it felt good to get it out! At first it felt like she was resisting, but then she went with it. I never found out if there was a culprit as far as what I was eating, but have heard other mamas say they def. noticed that was a problem for them. Have you eaten anything different in the day or two prior to this starting? Also 7 days old is still very young. Good luck mama!
- › Do you need to get a religious exemption notarized in MA? 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a delayed Vax Freindly Pedi in Stoneham/Wakefield 12 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 14 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 14 minutes ago
- › should i get this root canal? 15 minutes ago
- › Older Moms 18 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 18 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 30 minutes ago
- › IPV and varicella - skip the last dose? 30 minutes ago
- › What is okay to let a 3-year old watch/media? 42 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama