Our Ped treated DS for Lyme for 3 weeks with Amoxicillin and now I am nervous about whether or not the course was effective. He seems fine, but he has Sensory issues and low tone and motor planning issues, so I am very afraid that the Lyme could return and we wouldn't be able to recognize it (if there were no rash or fever, for example).
Does anyone know of any follow up testing that I should request? I know there are some different levels of testing, but our Dr. said there's nothing more to do because there would still be elevated antibodies. Agh! I'm so uncomfortable about this. I know others have been treated for twice as long when testing still showed Lyme, but I don't know what tests were done. I know there is not test that could say the Lyme is 100% gone. Is there a period of time I should wait and then have him retested? Do I need a second opinion?
Thank you for any info!