Hey everyone. This is my first post here...
My daugher will be 2 in june and haven't started potty training till recently. She runs to the bathroom and sits on her potty but she refuses to go. But the second she gets off she will go lol. Anyone have any tips for me?
- topicToddlerstagged by System, 4/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:55pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:19am in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:28am in Life with a Toddler
Five Things My Toddler Made Me Forget About Babies
Last edited: 10/18/13
- 3 Rules for Bedtime ReadingLast edited: 10/7/13
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
Potty trainingpost #2 of 54/19/12 at 8:12am
I would consider that "intro to potty training".
When she's really ready (I believe most kids are ready right around two) She will do it in under three days. If you feel like she's ready, you take off the diapers, put on the panties and make a weekend of it. If after day two, there's not a huge improvement or effort, stop for a few months and try again later.
ETA: I forgot to add....
I use a potty chair in the main room. (the kid's playroom) and Sometimes I potty train several kids at once, it goes faster that way. I bought a bunch of those one piece potties so I can clean it easily.
She can watch tv or color etc while she sits there for a minute or so. Don't have her sit there for very long unless she wants to. If after a couple of minutes, it's probably not going to happen.
For the older kids (2 1/2-ish) I make a potty chart with stickers. They love that because they are daycare kids, and it's something to take home. After a few days, though, i'm tired of putting a sticker on their card every time they go potty a little. Then they figure out how to control it and go every four minutes for a new sticker.
I've heard candy is a great motivator, but I've never done that because it isn't fair to the other kids.
Edited by nextcommercial - 4/19/12 at 8:26ampost #3 of 54/19/12 at 10:40ampost #4 of 54/22/12 at 6:28am
My little girl acted similarly. She knew all about the "potty" but just didn't know how to use it - and yes the same thing, as soon as she got off, she would pee!
After talking with her pediatrician at her 2 yr check-up that Friday I implemented my potty training strategy and by early in the next week she was completely out of diapers - she was even diaper free by the weekend!
I have a website call My Pampered Child - it has exactly what I did. You don't have download anything and it doesn't cost anything - it's just a step by step guide to how I potty trained my little girl.
BTW...my site has some other neat stuff as well such as how I ditched our crib at 12 months and put my daughter on a floor bed (Montessori).
Maggiepost #5 of 59/16/12 at 5:48pm
Chloeysmommy, thanks for this post. Exactly what my 21-month old does.
maggiejones, thank you for the recommendation. I checked out your 'step by step' guide and it is so basic. I really appreciate your curating and sharing what worked for you. Now, I just need to patiently wait for more signs!
- 3 Rules for Bedtime Reading
- › 4mo Old Doesn't Love Carrier 44 seconds ago
- › Do I need a double stroller? 1 minute ago
- › current sns users 3 minutes ago
- › 8th grade son just isn't focussing in school 6 minutes ago
- › I have a little girl! 6 minutes ago
- › Covering while beast feeding 10 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy After Placement - A Place for Birth/First Moms who are... 12 minutes ago
- › What's Happening Today? 14 minutes ago
- › Suddenly spitting up more? 15 minutes ago
- › Have any other Mummas pimped their carriers? 15 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013! by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo