- 2 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicMental Health
Related Forum Threads
- I need a pep talk Last post on Today at 5:48 pm in Mental Health
- Why do I het so angry when I hurt my self? Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Mental Health
- Child Anxiety Research Survey (For Parents and Children) Last post on Today at 11:19 am in Mental Health
- Possible Epilepsy? HELP NEEDED ( Long ) Last post on 6/8/13 at 5:44pm in Health and Healing
- Can I cry on your shoulder? Last post on Yesterday at 5:17 pm in Mental Health
what is wrong with me?!
Mental illness can be very hard to live with and it's often misunderstood by people around you. Is there a way you can join a support group where you can vent your problems there? NAMI has support groups for adults and for families of children with mental illness. You will find that you are not alone, that there are many people who struggle with similar feelings.
I struggle with Major Depressive Disorder and PTSD. I also have a special needs son. One thing I've been learning recently is to take care of myself. It's hard, because I feel guilty and unworthy. But I can't put my life together until I've learned to step back and go easy on myself, realize what my needs are, and do what is necessary to meet those needs.
Hugs to you Mama. I am sorry to hear that you been dealt such a horrible hand but now you have to somehow make it work for you and your children. When it comes down to it, the choices are limited. Either you find a way to make it work or you drown in your situation further. It sucks but there is no way out.
Seeing that this is how it is, start by taking care of yourself. Make sure you get meds that work for you and if the ones you are on are not working, change them. It sounds like your daughter needs your attention. As appealing as flying off the handle is during stressful times, try to step away from it all for a few so that it happens less. Experiment with different calming methods and figure out what works for you.
Think about what you want. If your husband is not adding anything to your life, then imagine your life without him. What would that be like? Would it be more difficult or less? Would it be more lonely or less? Would there be more frustration or less? More stressful or less? What value does he really have in your life right now and why do you think so? Sometimes we blindly carry toxic people around with the idea that they are somehow indispensable. We spend years and massive amounts of energy to fix a situation that is completely broken beyond repair. Is that what you have with your husband or is it something that can become a fairly functional, helpful and enriching relationship that both you thrive on?
Take a good look at your future on your current path then envision a different one for yourself. Take a step at a time. Sometimes you will find you can leap ahead other times you may only be able to muster up a shuffle but take a step towards something better for the sake of yourself and your children. It will all be worth it. Besides, what other choice do you really have? It is clear that your current situation is not working for you!
I am so glad to hear that you had a better day :) Hugs to you and your little ones.
Thank you all for your advice. I know that things must change. It's very difficult when you have no friends or family that you can rely on. However, I have somehow managed to break out of my ocd routine and focus souly on playing with my kids today. It was lovely:) I have a long way to go, but I do at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you again ladies!
- › Leashes for children? Yes or no? 13 seconds ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 45 seconds ago
- › What did you do today to get ready for your upcoming move (in the... 2 minutes ago
- › Risperidone for a young child? 3 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 5 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for June 15th-21st~ 6 minutes ago
- › Having a biological child after adoption 7 minutes ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 11 minutes ago
- › angry 4yr old 12 minutes ago
- › First foster placement - Need support/encouragment 14 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama