or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › weekly chat: April 22 - April 28 Freestyle

weekly chat: April 22 - April 28 Freestyle - Page 7

post #121 of 140

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

Sarah - hang in there, friend. You are in the home stretch. We all are!

 

Corgi - I started EPO orally at 34w.

 

I am doing ok. I got this book called "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult at the thrift store. It is so sad, omg. but I cant put it down.

I plan on hanging out and reading it and doing the bare minimum. Tuesday is mw apt as it is first due date (according to u/s and some other calculation method) while the 7th (next monday) is Nagels due date.

Either way, I feel due and 6 days doesn't really mean much when you feel that way, kwim? I wonder which one I will go over on? Worse off, as uncomfortable as I am - I don't really feel the big rush to go through birth. Part of me wonders if I am just so relaxed due to hypno babies or if I am in some kind of denial? Usually I would be very miserable by this point so labor feels so far away.

 

I keep telling myself that. 

 

Is My Sister's Keeper the one they made into a movie?  With Cameron Diaz?  I watched most of it a couple weeks ago, but I haven't read the book.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsara View Post

okay the nerd in me: I used to work in the paint department at Lowe's. Flat paint is  CHEAP! By far like 10dollars a gallon cheaper than nice semi-gloss paint. So a lot of landlords by cheap flat paint and call it good. Its horrible to wash and I'm so sorry, Sarah, that you have to deal with it. Have you tried Mr.clean magic eraser?! Its lovely and works of so well on flat paint! Okay, nerd-dom over. 

 

 

Can anytime tell this baby his mama and baba wanna meet him and to get the hell out of me already?! Please and thanks!

 

Yes, I use the Magic Erasers.  When I went to use one today all I found were a bunch of little nubs.  Grrr.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandemmett View Post

 

 

I don't know how you can read that book right now. Soooo good, but wow!! I really have decided I need to stick with comedies for movies and my reading is about breast feeding or positive birth stories until this little mama makes her debut and my hormones level out a bit. I watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close the other night and just couldn't quit crying. Yeah, it is comedies for me from here on out.

 

I want to see that movie so bad!  I know I'll be a mess all day if I watch it though.  I can barely get through the trailer.

 

 

I ended up having two major melt-downs today.  Like, full on sobbing.  It was ridiculous.  I think SO was afraid to leave me to go to work.  guilty.gif  I think I scared DD too.  I got upset with her for not putting her dishes in the dishwasher after I asked her three times.  I started bawling mid lecture.  Geez.  I feel like a nut-case today.  I hope tomorrow is better!  It's DD's birthday and I don't want to ruin her day with my craziness. 

post #122 of 140

oh thats the worst! maybe you will add to DD's b-day with her little sister coming!

post #123 of 140

Onemore- we are like you and have been in school for what seems like the past 10 years, so not much reading for pleasure here either and lots of really mindless television. So my comedy suggestions may not be very good. For example we have all of the seasons of Spongebob on DVD, and this baby is our 1st :) My husband loves to watch America's Funniest Videos, silly. But when we are home and relaxing we really just like to not have to think too hard about a plot, usually. We really like most Will Ferrell movies and TV shows like South Park, It's Always Sunny, or really most stuff on Comedy Central. I also really like kids movies, which I find funny and cute.

 

Bubblema- it was a really great movie. Did you read the book? I would definitely recommend the movie but it is definitely a tear jerker, which I guess is obvious. I thought it was great though. Sorry you had a rough day today. I bet tomorrow will be better!!!

post #124 of 140
DH and I just finished netflixing all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights. Loved it so much! It was the perfect distraction for baby-waiting... We just timed it wrong - wish we'd still had some episodes left! Downton Abbey is another series that might be a fun distraction? Watched that one already though :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandemmett View Post

Onemore- we are like you and have been in school for what seems like the past 10 years, so not much reading for pleasure here either and lots of really mindless television. So my comedy suggestions may not be very good. For example we have all of the seasons of Spongebob on DVD, and this baby is our 1st :) My husband loves to watch America's Funniest Videos, silly. But when we are home and relaxing we really just like to not have to think too hard about a plot, usually. We really like most Will Ferrell movies and TV shows like South Park, It's Always Sunny, or really most stuff on Comedy Central. I also really like kids movies, which I find funny and cute.

 

Bubblema- it was a really great movie. Did you read the book? I would definitely recommend the movie but it is definitely a tear jerker, which I guess is obvious. I thought it was great though. Sorry you had a rough day today. I bet tomorrow will be better!!!

post #125 of 140
We like to watch just for laughs clips on YouTube. We accidentally did that for well over an hour the other night.
post #126 of 140

Rozzi- we recently cancelled Netflix, but used to do the same thing with series. I love that because we tend to lose interest from one week to the next or especially during breaks in seasons, so if we can watch them all in a row, we love it. I haven't seen that one, I will have to check it out. We did that with Dexter and Sons of Anarchy and a few others.

 

Just1More- we do that too!! Although an hour for my husband would be a short time for watching that stuff. It is easy to lose track of time :)

post #127 of 140

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandemmett View Post

Onemore- we are like you and have been in school for what seems like the past 10 years, so not much reading for pleasure here either and lots of really mindless television. So my comedy suggestions may not be very good. For example we have all of the seasons of Spongebob on DVD, and this baby is our 1st :) My husband loves to watch America's Funniest Videos, silly. But when we are home and relaxing we really just like to not have to think too hard about a plot, usually. We really like most Will Ferrell movies and TV shows like South Park, It's Always Sunny, or really most stuff on Comedy Central. I also really like kids movies, which I find funny and cute.

 

Bubblema- it was a really great movie. Did you read the book? I would definitely recommend the movie but it is definitely a tear jerker, which I guess is obvious. I thought it was great though. Sorry you had a rough day today. I bet tomorrow will be better!!!

 

I LOVE Always Sunny!  Did you know that the Earth Mama Angel Baby lady is Sweet Dee's (Kaitlin Olson's) mom?  I just found that out a couple weeks ago.  I thought it was pretty cool. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

We like to watch just for laughs clips on YouTube. We accidentally did that for well over an hour the other night.

 

Have you seen "Ultimate Dog Tease"?  It makes me laugh so hard.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

 

Today is much better so far.  I just got back from the Chiro.  My first adjustment ever.  We went for a consultation last week, and she said my pelvis was slightly askew (one of my favorite words. lol).  So today she fixed that.  :)  I'm going back every few days until the baby is born to make sure everything stays in alignment.  AND, she's going to come to the house and adjust the baby when she gets here. :)

 

I also have a midwife appointment at 12 today.  The last several appointments the baby's head has been askew (hehe) and I'm wondering if it's because of my pelvis.  It'll be interesting to see if she's straightened out today. :)

 

 

post #128 of 140

Wow...no I didn't know that...how cool. I love that Charlie is married to the waitress and Dee and Mac are married in real life. They get to work with their loved ones and write ridiculous comedy all day long. Quite the life I would say :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleMa View Post

 

I LOVE Always Sunny!  Did you know that the Earth Mama Angel Baby lady is Sweet Dee's (Kaitlin Olson's) mom?  I just found that out a couple weeks ago.  I thought it was pretty cool. :)

post #129 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleMa View Post

I LOVE Always Sunny!  Did you know that the Earth Mama Angel Baby lady is Sweet Dee's (Kaitlin Olson's) mom?  I just found that out a couple weeks ago.  I thought it was pretty cool. :)

 

What??? That is too cool!  My husband and I have been watching that show since the second season.  I'm not a huge laugh-out-loud kind of person, but that show has me in stitches all of the time.  When my water breaks I want to say, " "Get out of my way, broken water, there is a baby inside of me running out of water."  hahaha. ROTFLMAO.gif

post #130 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandemmett View Post

Wow...no I didn't know that...how cool. I love that Charlie is married to the waitress and Dee and Mac are married in real life. They get to work with their loved ones and write ridiculous comedy all day long. Quite the life I would say :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmer View Post

What??? That is too cool!  My husband and I have been watching that show since the second season.  I'm not a huge laugh-out-loud kind of person, but that show has me in stitches all of the time.  When my water breaks I want to say, " "Get out of my way, broken water, there is a baby inside of me running out of water."  hahaha. ROTFLMAO.gif

LOL

 

She had a home birth with her first son.  She just had her second son earlier this month, I'm not sure if that was a homebirth too, but I would assume so.

post #131 of 140

I think I am in a Don Cheadle mood. Every one of his movies looked good when I was adding movies on netflix. Except Reign Over Me. I still want to cry years later remembering the part where Adam Sandler's character finally started talking.

Oh, I always like documentaries.

I am so damn boring.

Always sunny in philidelphia looked like my kind of show but then...well its probably not. Kind of like Southpark, tickles me like crazy and I really appreciate the deeper political/social messages but I always feel so guilty for finding it so funny cause --- some of it is so awful lol

 

Scrubs was pretty funny the few episodes I saw. Thats a show I think I would enjoy.

The Big Bang theory seemed the same way.

Any recommendations based on the little you can gleam from that?

post #132 of 140

Onemore - Big Bang Theory is awesome, and if you liked it at all, I would also recommend How I Met Your Mother. :) 

post #133 of 140

Thanks Jen :)

post #134 of 140

Did you watch any of the Office? Also, you might like Modern Family.

post #135 of 140

The Office, now that is a show I have always meant to watch. I watched a couple episodes of the British (?) version and thought it was really funny. Which one do you like better, British or American?

post #136 of 140

I have seen many more of the American one, so I guess that one (Only a few of the British one). But I bet it is great too.

post #137 of 140

Oh yes!  Modern Family is excellent!  Is it on Netflix?!  The Middle is another really funny one.  And Parenthood is really good too.  No idea if they're on Netflix though.  But you can watch them online.

post #138 of 140
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

The Office, now that is a show I have always meant to watch. I watched a couple episodes of the British (?) version and thought it was really funny. Which one do you like better, British or American?


I think they are both pretty different and worth watching in their own right.  I love Ricky Gervaias, and find the British one to be hyserically funny, and just very raw, and a gem.  I think it is totally worth watching this one first. His show Extras is really super funny, too.

 

But I like that the American version is longer, and has better character development.  And steve carell is such a good actor, and just a sweet guy--it is a great show, too.

 

So, watch them both!  :)

post #139 of 140
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleMa View Post

Oh yes!  Modern Family is excellent!  Is it on Netflix?!  The Middle is another really funny one.  And Parenthood is really good too.  No idea if they're on Netflix though.  But you can watch them online.


I think there is a season or two of Parenthood on netflix.  I love that show, and will be super bummed if they cancel it!

 

I want to watch modern family, too.  I see the ads on and they are super funny.  Sorry for the serial posting !

post #140 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmushroom View Post


I think they are both pretty different and worth watching in their own right.  I love Ricky Gervaias, and find the British one to be hyserically funny, and just very raw, and a gem.  I think it is totally worth watching this one first. His show Extras is really super funny, too.

 

But I like that the American version is longer, and has better character development.  And steve carell is such a good actor, and just a sweet guy--it is a great show, too.

 

So, watch them both!  :)

thumb.gif now I want to watch the British one

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › weekly chat: April 22 - April 28 Freestyle