My sister-in-law is newly pregnant and lives in Broken Arrow. I'm incredibly involved and knowledgeable about the birth community where I am (Minneapolis), but that is too far away! I am wondering if any of you wonderful ladies might have some insights for me about the birth community in your area.
She wants to give birth in a hospital, preferably with a CNM and a doula.
Doing some googling, I found out some basic information about the doula group in the area. However I have had a hard time finding answers to questions like:
- Is there a hospital that has a better reputation for being natural-birth friendly? One to absolutely avoid?
- Do any of the hospitals in the area offer waterbirth?
- Any specific lactation consultant to recommend?
- Any specific doula to recommend? (not faith-based)
- Any specific childbirth classes to recommend? (not faith-based)
- Any specific CNM's to recommend? Avoid? I have read positive things about Kim Kmita online, but they were from pretty mainstream places. Thoughts there?
Any information you can share with me (including anything that I've forgotten!) would be great and much appreciated!!! If you don't feel comfortable posting publicly, please feel free to send me a private message.