On Saturday, I was having contractions. Really spaced out, and mild, to the point that I thought they were braxton hicks.
Sunday things picked up. Then stopped just as hubby and kiddo were doing their bed time routine. Again, thought they were Braxton Hicks.
Then Monday, things went nuts. The contractions were 8 minutes apart when I woke up. Then 6. Then INTENSE!!! Then 5 minutes apart. Then I called in my doula and husband and friend to come watch Alena. When I hit three minutes apart, we decided to head to the hospital to find out how dilated I was.
They hooked me up to the monitor until the doctor was out of the OR. Baby failed his non-stress test. And then my contractions stopped dead. Just completely stopped. The doctor checked my cervix,(and I swear to GOD he was trying to break my water, because it felt like he was scraping the back wall of my vagina!) and said I was completely effaced, but he couldn't find the top of my cervix to check dilation.
So I was sent home to wait for a call to have an emergency ultrasound. They called at 10:30 the next morning. By this point, I was completely in a panic, because no one was telling us what was going on. The baby failed his biophysical profile... only scored 6/8.
We were sent back up to L&D, where we were shoved into a room and told to wait for the doctor.
I was on the verge of tears, hubby was being stoic as always and still no one was telling us what happened.
The doctor came in, looked at the chart, said we needed a repeat biophysical profile on Thursday, and that we should go home. WTF????
So now I'm in limbo between freaking out completely and accepting that I can't change the outcome of anything. Meanwhile, the contractions I've been having for days haven't come back. I think I am just too freaked out to relax.