i want to know when should i get pregnant
Mothering Top Picks
- topicFertilitytagged by System, 4/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else have problems with Paragard IUD!? Last post on Yesterday at 4:18 pm in Family Planning
- Is there a way to induce AF? Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:55pm in Family Planning
- self-removal of IUD question Last post on 2/13/14 at 11:36am in Family Planning
- Does it doing like i might be? Last post on 1/31/14 at 3:31pm in Family Planning
- How long did you ttc before concieving? Last post on 1/25/14 at 10:31am in Family Planning
Baby Fever: 5 Fun Ways to Tell Your Partner That You're Ready...
Last edited: 11/13/13
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth ControlLast edited: 9/25/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
- My Road Through InfertilityLast edited: 9/3/13
- Embracing The Other WomanLast edited: 6/24/13
pregnancypost #2 of 34/29/12 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 35/23/12 at 7:26am
I have the same question: is this about your cycle, or where/how in your life you should try to get pregnant?
If it's the latter, here are some thoughts:
- half of pregnancies are planned.
- talk with your partner about your plans as co-parents.
- see your doctor or midwife for a pre-conception check-up.
- discuss any prescription medications you are taking and consider replacing them with ones that are safe for pregnancy
- discuss any concerns you may have about genetic conditions in your family - consider genetic testing or counselling
- talk about taking folic acid, vitamin D and calcium
- have your iron levels checked
- update your vaccinations - Mumps, measles and Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus, if you’re due for a booster.
- get dental work out of the way before becoming pregnant (few complications and restrictions if you're not pregnant)
- try to stop smoking if you smoke.
- stop drinking alcohol, or taking recreational drugs - if you do.
- limit your intake of salt and caffeine (note that caffeine withdrawal can be a big deal and moreso if you're pregnant).
- assess what your exposure to workplace and environmental toxins is like
- start or continue to be physically active (yoga, swimming, hiking)
I found this page was handy in walking through those steps: http://www.motheringtouch.ca/pregnancy/0th-trimester
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth Control
- › Life after quitting antidepressants- how has it been for you? 15 minutes ago
- › February chat thread 32 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 34 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 34 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 35 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 38 minutes ago
- › Tub experiences 40 minutes ago
- › Attempted UC one year later 53 minutes ago
- › Need some advice about strabismus/amblyopia & eye muscle surgery --... 57 minutes ago
- › Eating and guilt/worry 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea