i want to know when should i get pregnant
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Paragard Last post on 5/15/13 at 4:49am in Family Planning
- "Advanced" maternal age Last post on 5/13/13 at 2:27pm in Family Planning
- child spacing Last post on 5/19/13 at 6:33am in Family Planning
- No Period Yet bc Breastfeeding 14-month-old, but I could swear I'm pregnant!! Last post on 5/13/13 at 11:16am in Family Planning
- Talk to me about periods/other symptoms after copper IUD removal Last post on 4/29/13 at 11:57am in Family Planning
I Got My Period...I Got My POWER!
Edited on 3/25/13
- Honoring Our CyclesEdited on 8/24/12
- Secondary InfertilityEdited on 10/18/12
- Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...Edited on 3/15/13
- Reconceiving Conception: 5 Likely Suspects in Unexplained...Edited on 10/18/12
pregnancypost #2 of 34/29/12 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 35/23/12 at 7:26am
I have the same question: is this about your cycle, or where/how in your life you should try to get pregnant?
If it's the latter, here are some thoughts:
- half of pregnancies are planned.
- talk with your partner about your plans as co-parents.
- see your doctor or midwife for a pre-conception check-up.
- discuss any prescription medications you are taking and consider replacing them with ones that are safe for pregnancy
- discuss any concerns you may have about genetic conditions in your family - consider genetic testing or counselling
- talk about taking folic acid, vitamin D and calcium
- have your iron levels checked
- update your vaccinations - Mumps, measles and Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus, if you’re due for a booster.
- get dental work out of the way before becoming pregnant (few complications and restrictions if you're not pregnant)
- try to stop smoking if you smoke.
- stop drinking alcohol, or taking recreational drugs - if you do.
- limit your intake of salt and caffeine (note that caffeine withdrawal can be a big deal and moreso if you're pregnant).
- assess what your exposure to workplace and environmental toxins is like
- start or continue to be physically active (yoga, swimming, hiking)
I found this page was handy in walking through those steps: http://www.motheringtouch.ca/pregnancy/0th-trimester
- Honoring Our Cycles
- › Unusual baby names 4 minutes ago
- › Dreaming about baby or pregnany? 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone doing IUI? 10 minutes ago
- › Ask a Midwife and Naturopathic Physician Your Questions!! 11 minutes ago
- › Wanting to start using cloth wipes 14 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 16 minutes ago
- › Pagan Families - *May* we celebrate together 16 minutes ago
- › What Summer Products Do You Love? 18 minutes ago
- › ... and miserable. Can I please get some support? 23 minutes ago
- › Bed sharing with a newborn and a 3 year old 24 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf