i want to know when should i get pregnant
Mothering Top Picks
- topicFertilitytagged by System, 4/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Vasectomy or IUD? Last post on 4/7/14 at 4:45am in Family Planning
- Waiting...again Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:21am in Family Planning
- When can I expect my fertility back? Last post on 4/7/14 at 4:49am in Family Planning
- Anyone else have problems with Paragard IUD!? Last post on 3/20/14 at 12:00pm in Family Planning
- Is there a way to induce AF? Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:55pm in Family Planning
Baby Fever: 5 Fun Ways to Tell Your Partner That You're Ready...
Last edited: 11/13/13
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth ControlLast edited: 9/25/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
- My Road Through InfertilityLast edited: 9/3/13
- Embracing The Other WomanLast edited: 6/24/13
pregnancypost #2 of 34/29/12 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 35/23/12 at 7:26am
I have the same question: is this about your cycle, or where/how in your life you should try to get pregnant?
If it's the latter, here are some thoughts:
- half of pregnancies are planned.
- talk with your partner about your plans as co-parents.
- see your doctor or midwife for a pre-conception check-up.
- discuss any prescription medications you are taking and consider replacing them with ones that are safe for pregnancy
- discuss any concerns you may have about genetic conditions in your family - consider genetic testing or counselling
- talk about taking folic acid, vitamin D and calcium
- have your iron levels checked
- update your vaccinations - Mumps, measles and Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus, if you’re due for a booster.
- get dental work out of the way before becoming pregnant (few complications and restrictions if you're not pregnant)
- try to stop smoking if you smoke.
- stop drinking alcohol, or taking recreational drugs - if you do.
- limit your intake of salt and caffeine (note that caffeine withdrawal can be a big deal and moreso if you're pregnant).
- assess what your exposure to workplace and environmental toxins is like
- start or continue to be physically active (yoga, swimming, hiking)
I found this page was handy in walking through those steps: http://www.motheringtouch.ca/pregnancy/0th-trimester
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth Control
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 2 minutes ago
- › Doula Support for Mom Considering Adoption? 3 minutes ago
- › 13 month old still waking several times a night 3 minutes ago
- › What to pack in my "Hospital Bag" for scheduled c/s? 5 minutes ago
- › Risperidone for a young child? 7 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 7 minutes ago
- › Holding onto anger from unplanned C-Section birth and tongue-tie... 13 minutes ago
- › Hair loss in 2 year old female toddler 20 minutes ago
- › The Weighty Issue 20 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 27 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul
- › Is Your Child Ready to Read? A Checklist by Melanie Mayo