I'm planning to ask our licensing worker this question, but just in case it is a total off the wall idea, I thought I would try it out here first!
My dh and I became licensed foster parents in February and we have yet to receive a placement. We recently found out that the house we have been renting may be put on the market for sale. If this happens, it is going to happen soon and fast. If this happens, I will want to vacate the house asap, as I homeschool and it would be very chaotic to be in the home while the landlord if painting and fixing, etc. I will admit that I'm panicking a bit. A friend of mine has offered for us to come and live with her for a period of time until we figure out where we want to live. We would like to buy a house, but are just not ready quite yet. So, it would be a great blessing to us to stay with her for a while (6 mos-1 year) so we don't have to make a rush decision. The only thing is that I'm worried about our foster licensing. I don't want to give up on our dreams of being foster parents! Do you think it's a possibility that we could foster kiddos while living with my friend?
Some clarifying points: My friend, I have known since we were children and we currently attend the same church, so I know her well and trust her. We stayed with her once before when we first moved in to town and were looking for a house and she is wonderful with my own children. She is a christian, which I mention because we are going through a christian agency. Her house has plenty of bedrooms for us and future kiddos. She is single and leads a very calm and quiet lifestyle, ie. no boyfriends in and out, not a lot of people coming over, etc.
What do you all think... absurd? possible?