That's great news, Lilac! I'm so happy for you and your DH. Sounds like you found the right doctor
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 5/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- DHEA? Last post on 3/9/14 at 3:23pm in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 3:56 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on 3/9/14 at 3:12pm in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on 3/7/14 at 7:28am in Trying To Conceive
- Sex two days prior ovulation. Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:23am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
May the Bajingo Juice Make Us All Mothers - TTC #1 in our 30s - May 2012 - Page 3post #41 of 625/25/12 at 12:57pmpost #42 of 625/25/12 at 3:13pmpost #43 of 625/26/12 at 7:16ampost #44 of 625/26/12 at 8:23ampost #45 of 625/26/12 at 1:09pmpost #46 of 625/26/12 at 3:45pmpost #47 of 625/26/12 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #48 of 625/27/12 at 2:26pmpost #49 of 625/28/12 at 1:46am
Sorry for your loss Teamviddy you will certainly get pregnant again soon!
Lilac happy for you and your DH!!!
I got 2 BFPs on Sat and Sun I'm still taking it very calmly caused I'm scared something might happen or it could be ectopic given that I have only 1 healthy fallopian tube. So I'm waiting on the ultrasound by the end of this week.
Happy baby dustpost #50 of 625/28/12 at 8:50am
Tropicalfever! Congrats on the BFPs. Hopefully everything will work out. Sending you some good energy.
Lilac, I was thinking about you last night. At the appointment last week the doctor said to Mr Viddy, "Well, we know that you are fertile. Men are either on or off- fertile or infertile, no shades of grey. Women are a little more complex." This practice has two male OB/GYNs and is known throughout our middle sized midwestern city as the practice to go to if you want to have some control over your own experience. They support choices like homebirth and as far as I know there are no other practices that do. I have no problem seeing a male doctor (despite my grandma's protests- she had a male doctor who forced a hysterectomy on her in the 50s and says that a female doctor wouldn't have done that). But it just seemed like a funny thing to say. Don't men have shades of infertility too, like sperm count, mobility, motility? Then I started thinking about your DH's situation. How he is moving away from one extreme and probably slowly building towards fertility. It is so exciting and hopeful. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
AFM, I am 5 days into the process of losing the baby and it is slowing down significantly. I have spent most of the month of May feeling like I was moving through molasses, nauseous, definitely feeling all the first trimester discomforts. The day after this started I physically felt like a huge weight had been lifted. It was so discordant feeling so bad emotionally and so good physically. I've spent the holiday weekend doing things like washing towels and cleaning baseboards (Mr Viddy was doing all of the errands and cleaning for the month, plus his usual household duties, so there was a lot of catching up to do). Also during this month I ate squeaky clean and was careful with my health. I understand that a person is very fertile just after a miscarriage, so I am trying to balance the possibility of getting pregnant again right away with the expectation of it taking a while again (or maybe another loss, who knows). It's a delicate line to walk. Either way, it's a good idea to eat clean and take care of myself even if I weren't TTC. So that's one of my big goals.post #51 of 625/28/12 at 11:04ampost #52 of 625/28/12 at 5:10pmThread Starter
Teamviddy, we are hoping that my husband's sperm count goes up some more. But as someone else told me a sperm count fluctuates so maybe this time we just caught an upswing. If it increases some more, that will be great. His high FSH level though worries me the most. That means primary testicular failure. We will just have to wait and see at the next SA, whenever it happens. For now I am just waiting to O and hoping that we get a free BFP.
I am glad you have been able to take care of yourself. I hope you and your DH can relax together as you go through this time of loss together.post #53 of 625/29/12 at 2:21am
TeamViddy, I'm so sorry friend. It sounds like you're in a good place for healing, and I agree - it's really positive to know that your body can get pregnant. Thinking of you xx
Lilac - that's fantastic news! What an awesome feeling hope is. Thanks for keeping us posted, you and your husband have been in my thoughts!post #54 of 625/29/12 at 6:58am
TeamViddy: I'm so sorry for your loss. It's an awful process, but you willlll feel better soon. Sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs! I had a m/c last August and was totally sidelined by it. I too started eating better, ditching products with parabens, and started taking B6 and B12 along with my prenatals and fish oils... I ended up getting pregnant in December. I gave my body some time to heal, but it is superrrrr reassuring that you know your body CAN get pregnant. That's the first thing my MW had said to me. You are on the right track.post #55 of 625/29/12 at 11:00ampost #56 of 625/31/12 at 6:21pmThread Starter
Well FF said I O'd three days ago and DH and I bd'd that afternoon. Yeah. Hoping one of the few swimmers found its target. I am concerned that my temp is so low though. Usually it is 97.2 after O, but right now it is just a touch over 97. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Anyone want to chart stalk?post #57 of 626/1/12 at 5:36pmpost #58 of 626/1/12 at 6:01pmQuote:
HI! This could almost be my post. :) TTC #1, 32, TTC since wedding night (May 19!). :) Welcome.
AFM- My schedule is just wacky this month. I really thought I O'd last Friday (maybe Saturday) based on CM, even though I didn't have my normal amounts of CM and it was pretty early for me (CD12/13 and I usually O CD18). I attributed the lesser amount of CM to having an ear infection and taking antibiotics and a psuedophedrine based decongestant. So I've been thinking I was 6 or 7 DPO and ready to start testing early next week because I was even having some early/implantation symptoms. But now, I've got tons of EWCM and part of me said "yay, that's an implantation sign!!!!" but another part of me said, "no...now you're ovulating and it's late." I did an OPK and got a very faint positive line so I think the latter is actually the case. And my signs can all be attributed to a minor migraine + caffeine withdrawal (tired, hot flashes).
We're newlyweds so there is plenty of BDing around here, so I'm not too worried on the timing right now, just frustrated because I don't know exactly what's going on. I'm way too much of a control freak for weird cycles, especially when I'm TTC!
Edited by librarygirl - 6/1/12 at 6:17pmpost #59 of 626/2/12 at 2:04pm
Ooh, lilac fingers crossed! I mean, it only takes one so of course there's a chance for you this cycle. I'll be chart stalking for sure!
librarygirl - Hmm, it definitely sounds like you might only be ovulating now. I forget, have you been charting before this first cycle of TTC? Just wondering if you know when you normally ovulate. I always ovulate later than what is considered 'normal'. So long as you get lots of BD'ing in you should be good though!
AFM - Last cycle was so weird, I thought I'd ovulated around CD23 but then it ended up looking more like CD28. I'd talked to my doctor about getting some blood tests done to check my progesterone levels so went for that on what I thought was 5DPO (based on the second ovulation date) and I started spotting the day after with AF coming within 2 days. Anyway, when I spoke to my dr she said that it shouldn't make too much of a difference to the results. Does anyone know anything about this? My result for progesterone was 2, with normal being 6-20 so pretty low. The only course of treatment she recommends is weight loss to get my PCOS under control. This is a bit frustrating for me, I thought she'd have more than one option or something I could try in the mean time but I guess I have to try for it and see what happens. Feeling a little defeated though!post #60 of 626/2/12 at 3:33pmThread Starter
librarygirl, congrats on your wedding and subsequent BD sessions! Hopefully your egg and his sperm will meet soon.
Megmoira, I will add you to our list. Going to make the June list here soon.
doula, sorry to hear that your progesterone is so low. Weight loss as the only solution? I am no expert on that, I need to lose weight myself, but I know I have read about some PCOS diets (aka lifesttyle change concerning eating specifically aimed at reducing PCOS symptoms). You should be able to google something like that and see what you find.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Wool covers, inserts and a two year old 5 minutes ago
- › vaccination debate and the information age…. 8 minutes ago
- › What would you buy if... 28 minutes ago
- › How do you feel about being financially dependent? 33 minutes ago
- › Easy-to-remove canning labels? 35 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 42 minutes ago
- › labor pain panic 43 minutes ago
- › Traveling to Brazil for World Cup with NONVAX 2 year old. 46 minutes ago
- › Starting kindergarten + a midyear move 58 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea