or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Yet another TMI question!! Nipple pain???

Yet another TMI question!! Nipple pain???

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

This morning, after a long night of debating if I was in labor... again... I have incredibly sore nipples! I haven't been doing nipple stimulation or using the breast pump, but these suckers feel like someone took a hammer to them!!

Even the gentle spray from our shower made me wince!

What in the heck is going on?

post #2 of 8
Hmmm - my nipples have felt like that for months eyesroll.gif
But maybe it's all part of hormone surges? Weird things happen towards the end. Like, with DS I remember I kept having these bizarre episodes of such bad chills that I'd wake up in the middle of the night shaking! Like hormones were blasting through me in the weeks leading up to labor in such a crazy way.
Breasts and nipples surely would be impacted by that, no?
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post

Hmmm - my nipples have felt like that for months eyesroll.gif
But maybe it's all part of hormone surges? Weird things happen towards the end. Like, with DS I remember I kept having these bizarre episodes of such bad chills that I'd wake up in the middle of the night shaking! Like hormones were blasting through me in the weeks leading up to labor in such a crazy way.
Breasts and nipples surely would be impacted by that, no?

 

That is EXACTLY how I felt last night!!! DH made me go to labor and delivery this morning at 2am, because the chills and sweats were making me feel like I was going to throw up and pass out. He was really freaked out.

 

I've never been as pregnant as I am now, so a lot of this stuff never happened when I was pregnant with my daughter. It's really weird. :P

post #4 of 8

BTDT!  It comes and goes.  Sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're okay, and sometimes they hurt so bad!  I assume it's just the hormones...but that's pretty much my answer for every weird thing that's happening to me.  lol

post #5 of 8
Yeah the end of pregnancy is full of totally bizarre things like this. Recently I've been breaking into random extreme sweats. So, the opposite of chills. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxGirl View Post

That is EXACTLY how I felt last night!!! DH made me go to labor and delivery this morning at 2am, because the chills and sweats were making me feel like I was going to throw up and pass out. He was really freaked out.

I've never been as pregnant as I am now, so a lot of this stuff never happened when I was pregnant with my daughter. It's really weird. :P

[Edited for annoying typos wink1.gif]
Edited by rozziemama - 5/2/12 at 2:12pm
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post

Yeah the end of pregnancy is final of totally bizarre things like this. Recently I've been breaking into random extreme sweats. So, the opposite of chills. Go figure.

You can say that again!

 

Last night I went from burning up to shivering in about 10 minute bursts. We're still really not sure why. Even the doc seemed stumped because I wasn't running a fever, but I would break out in full body sweats. It was messed up.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post

Yeah the end of pregnancy is final of totally bizarre things like this. Recently I've been breaking into random extreme sweats. So, the opposite of chills. Go figure.

 

Me too!  I get really hot in the evenings, for seemingly no reason.  We have the air on (it's already almost in the 90s here!) and the temp. hasn't changed.  I'm fine all day long, but in the evenings I'm suddenly burning up and sweating.  So weird!

post #8 of 8

My hubby has been loving the "warmer" version of me.  Usually he's the hot and sweaty one because the kids and I like the house warmer than he does.  But these past couple months I've been so hot lately and now my kids complain that the a/c is too cold.  lol  He likes it though.  I've had on and off nipple and breast pain as well.  Sometimes they are pretty sore.  I figure it's the hormones and getting ready to be a milk factory again.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Yet another TMI question!! Nipple pain???