My mother passed away 6 months ago and while we were not very close when she passed I am still dealing with it. We share the same birthday and I miss her packages in the mail and picking her a present out and sending it. I kind of want to do something for her for mothers day but I don't know what, has anyone done anything like this for their mother?
- topicMental Health
Related Forum Threads
- Dairy is anxiety producing? Last post on 5/7/13 at 3:07pm in Mental Health
- Anyone know of online peer therapy? Last post on 5/19/13 at 6:46am in Mental Health
- Being Happy on Mother's Day Last post on 5/7/13 at 7:51pm in Mental Health
- Can BCP trigger depression? Last post on 4/16/13 at 7:25am in Mental Health
- Bipolar II post-partum Last post on 4/18/13 at 5:09pm in Mental Health
My mother just passed away, what to do about Mother's Day
I lost my mother recently too. I am planning to light a candle on her behalf and briefly talk to the kids about her. Maybe go through some pictures with them so they wont forget her completely....
I'm so sorry!
What about planting something? A tree, flower, even an aloe vera plant or similar that you can take with you wherever you move and is resilient. If you have anything of hers (a lock of hair, a letter written by her, etc.) you can take a small piece and bury it in the soil.
You can pick out a gift that you would normally give her, and just put it up somewhere in the home - like if she likes books, pick out a book she would like and keep it on your shelf, or if there's a statue or something she'd like, get that and keep it on a shelf. It can be the gift for her in a sense. There are cultures where they celebrate the dead and get gifts or foods for them and just leave them out for them, even if they don't physically receive it, they believe the spirit receives the essence of it (or something similar along those lines).
Think of some ideas, what you think would help you and would honour her well, something she would have appreciated. It doesn't matter if you think it might sound "stupid" because it's not - it's for you and your healing, and it's for her as well (whether your beliefs are that her spirit knows, or simply in her memory).
I think it's wonderful that you want to do something.
- My mother just passed away, what to do about Mother's Day
- › babywearing 3 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 21 minutes ago
- › Ear piercing and Tetanus 38 minutes ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 38 minutes ago
- › When can you offer a child you hardly know a ride home? 44 minutes ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 54 minutes ago
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 56 minutes ago
- › Only local hospital in my area denying my midwife privileges for... 57 minutes ago
- › Pregnant and Scared 1 hour ago
- › First Foods Pics Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo