or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › the over due club

the over due club - Page 3

post #41 of 109
Joining the club. I was "due" yesterday so I'm only 1 day over. I'm not too miserable, but I am really annoyed as I feel pressured by everyone around me. My parents are in town... waiting. My hubby keeps calling and askin if there is any progress and if I've done anything to move things along. Friends on Facebook keep asking for updates. I am personally content to just let things be, but I feel like I've missed some deadline at work or something.

I know my doctor will start talking induction at my appointment tomorrow. Sigh...
post #42 of 109

Hello ladies, my EDD was yesterday, so I am officially joining the over due club. 

 

I've tried tons of walking, sex, spicy food, nipple stimulation, EPO daily for a couple weeks now...and last night I tried an enema  yikes2.gif to try and get contractions going! Didn't work. I mean, it made me use the bathroom but no cramps or contractions or anything. Oh well. DH really wanted him to be born yesterday because it was his birthday as well and he wanted him to have the same bday. 

 

Now, I'm just feeling lazy. Don't really want to go on my walk this morning. Don't really want to have sex with DH gets home, and don't really feel like doing much aside from relaxing on the couch with a cold drink. Baby will come when he feels like coming I suppose! DS1 was 6 days late. 

 

I saw the doctor Mon. and this babe isn't even engaged in my pelvis and is in a diagonal position (head down kind of over toward my hip) so I can certainly see going 40+6 with this one too. 

 

Sosu, it sounds like you are super close!! Diarrhea + mucous + bulging bag = baby soon!

 

polish I like your new-panty method to jinx yourself into labor. Maybe I'll try that today :-)

post #43 of 109

I am having really strong contractions. Like the type that make me stop and just breathe and that radiate all through the front and back. I've had 3 in 10 minutes, and last night I had some mucos on the toilet paper.

I don't know if this is labor or not, but the waves were so strong last night that they were waking me up out of my sleep. I slept good though.

 

Eating a pb&j, banana, some yogurt and a cup of RRL tea. Today should be Costco day, but I really don't know if I should attempt groc shopping 60 miles away with dh and the kids.

It may be a good idea, but it might not be.

post #44 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithA View Post

Oh well. DH really wanted him to be born yesterday because it was his birthday as well and he wanted him to have the same birthday.

My hubby's birthday was the 7th! His brother's was yesterday. Tomorrow will be the due date for the first miscarriage I had back in the fall of 2010. Mother's day is Sunday. My older brother's birthday is Monday.

This baby has/had several important dates to choose from!
post #45 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

I am having really strong contractions. Like the type that make me stop and just breathe and that radiate all through the front and back. I've had 3 in 10 minutes, and last night I had some mucos on the toilet paper.

I don't know if this is labor or not, but the waves were so strong last night that they were waking me up out of my sleep. I slept good though.

 

Eating a pb&j, banana, some yogurt and a cup of RRL tea. Today should be Costco day, but I really don't know if I should attempt groc shopping 60 miles away with dh and the kids.

It may be a good idea, but it might not be.


Sounds like labor to me!!!

post #46 of 109

I wouldn't go to Costco if I were you Onemore! Unless you want to deliver a Costco baby winky.gif

Sounds like real labor to me! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

I am having really strong contractions. Like the type that make me stop and just breathe and that radiate all through the front and back. I've had 3 in 10 minutes, and last night I had some mucos on the toilet paper.

I don't know if this is labor or not, but the waves were so strong last night that they were waking me up out of my sleep. I slept good though.

 

Eating a pb&j, banana, some yogurt and a cup of RRL tea. Today should be Costco day, but I really don't know if I should attempt groc shopping 60 miles away with dh and the kids.

It may be a good idea, but it might not be.

post #47 of 109

haha - yeah skipping Costco for today. contrax slowed but still very strong. I dont like it. lol

1 every 10 minutes or so..

how are you ladies doing?

post #48 of 109
Onemore I would have gone to Costco just because it would insure that labor would start because it is a totally inconvienient place :-) I'm at karate class w/
DS now just hoping it will cause labor since I am a ways from home :-)
post #49 of 109

So ... if this theory holds... if you had your sister in laws college graduation on Saturday (5/12, EDD is 5/14) at LEAST a two hour drive, most likely more, away from the hospital you're delivering at - would you attend? My MIL called to say she doesn't think I should come because it's too risky but maybe... maybe... it will mean labor will start simply because of the inconvenience. thumb.gif

What do you think I should do? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithA View Post

Onemore I would have gone to Costco just because it would insure that labor would start because it is a totally inconvienient place :-) I'm at karate class w/
DS now just hoping it will cause labor since I am a ways from home :-)
post #50 of 109

I think they are going to pick back up - thumb.gif - stay strong mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

haha - yeah skipping Costco for today. contrax slowed but still very strong. I dont like it. lol

1 every 10 minutes or so..

how are you ladies doing?

post #51 of 109

Onemore- sounds like the real deal! If they're still going- even spaced out- then I bet they'll pick up again later today. Hopefully you're managing to rest some, just in case!

 

Rozzie- I'd probably go to the graduation. Either you'll go into labour and be happy about it OR you won't, and you'd be sitting at home otherwise feeling annoyed because you're missing out and not having a baby.

 

Polish-  I like the panty theory! I bought new panties at 38 weeks, and it didn't occur to me until about a week later that if I was my sister, it totally would have triggered labour. She has weirdness associated with panties... (there is no easy way to explain that, so I'm not going to bother!)

post #52 of 109

yay onemore- it's something!!  I'd take ANYthing at this point.  I'm at the 42 week mark, but obviously my guess date was off.  BUT the midwives are going to have to talk about me getting an ultrasound if baby isn't here next Wednesday (I haven't had one this entire pregnancy!).  Which I am fine with, but I really do not want to still be pregnant for a whole week more.  Bleh.  Also, one of the midwives daughters is expecting as well and she told me today that if her daughter is having a baby at the same time as me then she has a backup planned.  I'm fine with it... I've worked with this backup before as a doula and I really like her a lot.  And my birth photographer is going out of town tomorrow for the weekend so I just found a backup for her.  It just seems like everyone is kind of like.... okay, well, we thought you'd have the baby by now so now we're moving on with things.....  it sucks.  It's enough that I feel like nobody really cares anyway since it's my 3rd child (My sis just had her 1st 6 weeks ago- lots of showers, etc, I got nothing, which is fine, but it's hard to have people care so LITTLE about a 3rd, idk).  I'm obviously at the super overly emotional end of pregnancy.... haha  

post #53 of 109
Thread Starter 

still pregnant and i have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning. i bought an enema but kind of scared to use it.most def do not want castor oil. may do enema tomorrow before appointment.
 

post #54 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprinsezz View Post

still pregnant and i have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning. i bought an enema but kind of scared to use it.most def do not want castor oil. may do enema tomorrow before appointment.
 

I'm with you, I will not drink castor oil.  No way!  I hope something happens, soon, polish! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post

yay onemore- it's something!!  I'd take ANYthing at this point.  I'm at the 42 week mark, but obviously my guess date was off.  BUT the midwives are going to have to talk about me getting an ultrasound if baby isn't here next Wednesday (I haven't had one this entire pregnancy!).  Which I am fine with, but I really do not want to still be pregnant for a whole week more.  Bleh.  Also, one of the midwives daughters is expecting as well and she told me today that if her daughter is having a baby at the same time as me then she has a backup planned.  I'm fine with it... I've worked with this backup before as a doula and I really like her a lot.  And my birth photographer is going out of town tomorrow for the weekend so I just found a backup for her.  It just seems like everyone is kind of like.... okay, well, we thought you'd have the baby by now so now we're moving on with things.....  it sucks.  It's enough that I feel like nobody really cares anyway since it's my 3rd child (My sis just had her 1st 6 weeks ago- lots of showers, etc, I got nothing, which is fine, but it's hard to have people care so LITTLE about a 3rd, idk).  I'm obviously at the super overly emotional end of pregnancy.... haha  

 


I sobbed in the shower this morning... feeling like no one cared.  LOL.  My DH comes in and is like "honey if you are in that much pain, maybe we should call the midwife?" And I was like... oh, I wish I was in labor!  But no one cares about me.... blah blah blah.  I feel like everyone keeps bugging me asking me when I will the baby be here? But then I just feel like that is about the baby, and everyone expects me to preform, or produce something... but no one really cares about me. 

 

I think it is just crazy hormones...

 

But tonight again I've had crampy, contractions... but they are totally irregular.  :(

 

I have an appt. tomorrow, and may have my membranes stripped.  I am just so annoyed and ready to get this show on the road!  :)

post #55 of 109

Yeah, I won't do anything like castor oil or even membrane sweeping, I really DO believe that babies know when they are ready to be born, BUT it doesn't make it any easier for us mamas.  I'm listening to "baby come OUT" hypnobabies track, which is nice.  It makes me feel more relaxed about it all.  I'm actually one of the most CHILL "overdue" (hate that term, because babies are NOT overdue for their birthdays!) ladies out there most of the time, but then 42 weeks comes around and.... I'm just DONE answering everyone's questions!

post #56 of 109
DH and I are both on leave from work. DS is out of school for the summer. Everything is ready...just no baby yet!

So having way too much time on my hands I started googling about baby not being engaged yet at 40+1 and now I'm panicking about prolapse cord if my water breaks. Since his head is slightly to the side ("oblique lie") google says he is at higher risk for prolapse. I have worked myself into complete worry-mode over this since dinner this evening. I am a mess. A worrying, nervous, tired, hormonal mess!!!
post #57 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithA View Post

DH and I are both on leave from work. DS is out of school for the summer. Everything is ready...just no baby yet!
So having way too much time on my hands I started googling about baby not being engaged yet at 40+1 and now I'm panicking about prolapse cord if my water breaks. Since his head is slightly to the side ("oblique lie") google says he is at higher risk for prolapse. I have worked myself into complete worry-mode over this since dinner this evening. I am a mess. A worrying, nervous, tired, hormonal mess!!!


((hugs)) has your water ever broken before labor starts? Mine usually doesn't break until the end....

 

  Do you know what to do in case of prolapsed cord?  get yer rear end in the air!  LOL

 

I am having painful, but irregular contractions now.... and am loosing plug-like mucus stuff ... so perhaps tonight is the night :)

post #58 of 109

Meredith, my midwife told me the same thing- oblique lie, head not engaged, if my water breaks call her IMMEDIATELY and lay on the couch or bed with my butt up in the air. I am irritated by that but I undertsand her caution. I'm thinking it's not going to happen though, because with both of my other kids my water broke only when I started pushing.

 

In something like... what, 80% of cases? your water breaks after labour has started, and in a lot of cases that early labour is enough to shove the baby's head down where it's supposed to be to prevent the prolapse.

 

I need to call my midwife today before I return the call from the hospital about booking my BPP and say I'm either doing none or only one BPP next week, and it's going to be at the end of the week. Just wanted to get her take on it before I call the hospital. If i don't have the appointments I'm not going to go into panic "baby come out" mode- I'll just be in that irritable pregnant lady state, which is to be expected.

post #59 of 109
Meredith did you read that amazing and crazy birth story someone posted a while back about the woman who delivered twins on the side of the road with a cord prolapse? Seems it was all about getting the bum in the air...
I'd say spend some time on all fours or walking around to try to get the head in the right position - and remember its only a very small percentage of women whose water breaks before contractions start and what's more likely going to happen to you is baby will be engaged fully and head all the way down by the time that water breaks!

I'm planning on walking and moving around today too to get the head engaged as well... But my dr did say yesterday that for second/third etc time moms the baby often won't engage until active labor has really started...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithA View Post

DH and I are both on leave from work. DS is out of school for the summer. Everything is ready...just no baby yet!
So having way too much time on my hands I started googling about baby not being engaged yet at 40+1 and now I'm panicking about prolapse cord if my water breaks. Since his head is slightly to the side ("oblique lie") google says he is at higher risk for prolapse. I have worked myself into complete worry-mode over this since dinner this evening. I am a mess. A worrying, nervous, tired, hormonal mess!!!
post #60 of 109
Right - should have read grace's post first because she already said what I was trying to say! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post

Meredith, my midwife told me the same thing- oblique lie, head not engaged, if my water breaks call her IMMEDIATELY and lay on the couch or bed with my butt up in the air. I am irritated by that but I undertsand her caution. I'm thinking it's not going to happen though, because with both of my other kids my water broke only when I started pushing.

In something like... what, 80% of cases? your water breaks after labour has started, and in a lot of cases that early labour is enough to shove the baby's head down where it's supposed to be to prevent the prolapse.

I need to call my midwife today before I return the call from the hospital about booking my BPP and say I'm either doing none or only one BPP next week, and it's going to be at the end of the week. Just wanted to get her take on it before I call the hospital. If i don't have the appointments I'm not going to go into panic "baby come out" mode- I'll just be in that irritable pregnant lady state, which is to be expected.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › the over due club