Any advice on how to keep up my nutritional stores as I breastfeed my toddler? I feel like there must be some important food or supplements that will help me replace what I am giving away, but don't really know what that would be.
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Letting 23 month old go with ex for 2 week visit? Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:20pm in Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy
- Breastfeeding While Traveling--share your pics! Last post on Today at 4:00 pm in Breastfeeding
- Ped said that "breastfeeding beyond 12 m will ruin her teeth"?!?! Last post on 6/5/13 at 7:46pm in Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy
- How do I teach my 1yo teething toddler to BF w his gums? Last post on 5/8/13 at 4:25am in Toddlers
- Toddler taking too much milk? Last post on 4/18/13 at 9:55pm in Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy
Protecting A Woman's Right to Choose...Breastfeeding
Edited on 3/13/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Edited on 11/19/12
- Tandem NursingEdited on 6/16/12
- From Bashful to Brazen: The Indiscreet Breastfeeder's ManifestoEdited on 6/26/12
- morning thunderEdited on 3/31/13
Nutrition for MothersSponsored Linkspost #2 of 35/9/12 at 7:23pm
I'm interested too.
My diet is decent, very little processed food. I eat fish, meat and poultry along with fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Oils are olive and coconut. Also I eat a lot of raw nuts. My son is 30 months and I was sick this winter and that is not common or normal for me, I also had a skin rash, therefore my immune system was not functioning well. I regret stopping my prenatal vitamin, and have since gone back to it. I also slacked off on fish oil and vitamin C but have since gone back to them. I have to say I am healthier than I have been.......wish i had stayed on my supplements. Lesson learned.
I only have one child but from what I understand having a close birth spacing (less then 3 years) may further deplete maternal nutritional stores.post #3 of 35/10/12 at 2:56am
Nursing a 2 year old here. I try to make sure I eat enough calcium, and iron. Those were my two weak points before I got pregnant, so I make sure I think about them now.
Also I take vitamin D, as I live in Canada and have had low levels in the past.
Except for those issues, I hope my diet (pretty healthy) covers what I need.
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...
- › Another Book of Lies from Offit published 30 seconds ago
- › Complete lack of appetite? 1 minute ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 1 minute ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 2 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 2 minutes ago
- › Breastfeeding While Traveling--share your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › hello 6 minutes ago
- › Yahoo CEO banned work from home then built a nursery for her... 7 minutes ago
- › Need advice on dd with a lump in vagina 11 minutes ago
- › Has anyone used scholarship software? 14 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher