- 942 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Dingoes running into the summer sunshine -- June! Last post on Today at 11:40 am in Fitness and Weight Management
- My skin itches when I runs Last post on 5/6/13 at 7:54am in Fitness and Weight Management
- It Works! Wraps for weight loss? Last post on 5/11/13 at 5:31pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Blooming 1000 minutes Challenge for May 2013!!! Last post on 6/1/13 at 6:45am in Fitness and Weight Management
- join me in losing 10 pounds in 2 months Last post on 4/29/13 at 9:11pm in Fitness and Weight Management
5 Elements for Healthy Living
Edited on 4/15/13
- Baby and YouEdited on 1/26/11
- MamayogaEdited on 1/2/12
- ToningEdited on 4/26/10
- For Beginner Cyclists: How to Make Family Cycling a Part of Your...Edited on 10/19/12
The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - version 3.0 (starting 21/05/21) - Page 16post #301 of 3967/2/12 at 7:04am154 - grateful for stability, if nothing else! (Where did my formatting tab go? If I could find it, I'd mark the number in red.)Sponsored Linkspost #302 of 3967/2/12 at 8:11ampost #303 of 3967/2/12 at 8:27ampost #304 of 3967/2/12 at 9:19ampost #305 of 3967/2/12 at 9:30ampost #306 of 3967/2/12 at 12:00pm
211 Didn't do a great job of staying away from the dark chocolate and sitter called out so I missed a hockey day.
AF has left, so hoping chocolate craving have left with her. Lol Lots of hockey scheduled for the week and that usually makes a big difference in weight loss for me.post #307 of 3967/2/12 at 12:15pm
Wow . . . I spent the last week emmersed in Homeschool forums and curriculum reviews planning our next school year and placing orders. I had no idea how consuming that project would be! Anyways, I am back and sorry for the long absence from this thread. Clearly I missed some mile stones!
Congrats Milk and Trekkinggirl!!!
Tropicana, I am glad to hear your monthly visitor is back :)
As for me, I am at 175.4 this week. I am really excited about my fitness progress and that for the first time since the reproductive craziness started in 2006, I am STICKING with a workout schedule!!!!!!!! While alot of my inactivity has been per doctors orders, I have also really struggled with adapting to juggling the needs of my family with my own (in addition to college and career and navy induced single parenting!). So I am really hoping I am starting to turn a corner on this one. It is summer break from homeschool, and my husband is not currently deployed, so we will see how it all pans out when I am faced with more daily challenges but I know I function better when I workout regularly so I am thrilled that it is really becoming a daily priority for me again. I still have some major nutritional kinks to work out (emotional eating is still rearing its ugly head far more than I would like, as is my sweet tooth!!!) but seeing some real progress in the fitness arena is giving me hope that I might eventually defeat my food demons as well. And while I am sure I will have to keep fighting my busy life style to keep up the fitness routine - every day that I get my workout in is better than it would have been if I did not get that in.
Edited by BarefootMama99 - 7/2/12 at 5:08pmpost #308 of 3967/2/12 at 5:14pmQuote:
Great progress! I am a "carrot dangler" too. My next benchmark is 168#, I have 7.4# to go . . . then I am replacing my threadbare, streched out maternity bathing suit with one that actually fits Having intermediate goals to work towards makes the long haul seem more do-able!post #309 of 3967/2/12 at 6:49pm
We are still missing alot of weights at the moment, but here is our current weekly stats:
When we get more weights in, I will post an updated chart!post #310 of 3967/2/12 at 7:50pmpost #311 of 3967/3/12 at 7:01ampost #312 of 3967/3/12 at 12:20pmpost #313 of 3967/3/12 at 6:29pmpost #314 of 3967/4/12 at 3:53ampost #315 of 3967/4/12 at 10:03pmpost #316 of 3967/5/12 at 1:51amThread Starter
Man, I'm the world's worst threadkeeper. Sorry for my delayed check in. Feelin' like a fatty at 169.4.
Sorry team. I have no excuses, but I am at a bit of a loss as to why nothing is happening. Mighty frustrated.
Trekkinggirl, sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing okay.post #317 of 3967/6/12 at 3:47am
Grrr . . . I have had a really bad week thus far with stress eating. I am very frsutrated with myself. I wish I knew how to turn this off. I have read so many books on the subject and such, but still nothing seems to work well. At least I am working out . . . maybe that will help with damage control somewhat.post #318 of 3967/6/12 at 10:34pm
hi... 147 for me this week. just getting back on line. we had a major storm on sunday and were without power for four days. then noticed the cable/internet was not up, that lasted until tonight.
i saw the Gyne this week... it's pre-menopause, not menopause. big difference. i liked the doctor, he seemed reasonable. pre-menopause can go on for years. he said the weight loss and nursing are factors that are hard to account for.
i do believe that 144 or maybe 143 is going to be my new "goal" weight. as in, a weight to keep with, if i want to continue to menstruate.
however, maybe i will just not worry about it and see if i can get down to the 130s, now that i know i'm not menopausal after all.
in any case, i've put on a few pounds in the past several weeks and it's time for me to diet again.
i'm going to try to get back to 143 by the end of this challenge.
thanks for your patience with me!!post #319 of 3967/6/12 at 10:56pm
tropicana - that's good news!
trekkingirl - sorry to hear about your loss.
I'm beginning to regret going up in weight at kettle bell class this week. OMG, I haven't been this sore in a long time... and just in time for my first tri on Sunday. Oy. What?!was I thinking???
post #320 of 3967/8/12 at 10:21am
just back from a 8 days holiday, did rather a lot of exercise but that was needed to counterbalance all of the temptations, foodwise
am waiting for tomorrow morning to get on the scale but i don't think i'll have changed much in fact
my next challenge is that i'm in charge of entertaining the children for the next 8 weeks, with only help for one week in the middle of it,
and i need to find a way to fit in some exercise every day (got a nice mat a few years ago, it's a bit dusty now but i don't despair ... & got myself a nice book with lovely pictures and good explanations last week, for a bargain too, - in a Cathedral shop, of all places ?????? SO am hoping to get do 30 minutes of exercise every day before noon ... as well as cleaning up the flat more regularly and more often .... the children don't know it yet but they are going to be drafted in for some cleaning every morning for 30 minutes too.... it will be part of this year's "homemade" summer camp !!!!)
am still going through some cycles of medical treatments every 3 weeks and by next october, i would like to refuse another type of treatment, but will only feel confident doing that if i am a good 16 kg// 35 lb lighter than now ...
and my dance class are finished for this school year and not resuming until end of September
+ not sure when I'll be able to go and swim
+ my youngest doesn't quite fit in the pram anymore & does'nt walk that much or that far ....
it's rather hot here, i suppose i should try to go and walk/jog for 20 min in the early hours before DH goes to work ...
on the more positive side, am coming out of a 12 years long stress period because of some ILs seriously upsetting issues
on the first day of the holiday we were able to visit some other relatives without having the sky falling on our head (it's a good thing that DH realises that ...)
=> am now hoping to get out of the habit of emotional eating when i wouldn't sleep at night and eat instead & grew more and more distand from DH because of all the emotional issues we had heaped on us from far away (DH choose to come and live in my country ... to get away from some ILs ... but during all the years they could still pull the strings on him, it was as if they were living next door ...)
but it's only been about 10 weeks that things have changed emotionnally for us, versus 12 years of stress and bad habits ...
looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning ....
- Baby and You
- › Names? 1 minute ago
- › Just found out day care provider for Fall requires vaxxes 1 minute ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 2 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 5 minutes ago
- › Fears about adopting after having a biological child... 5 minutes ago
- › induction or cesarean? 6 minutes ago
- › Would you homeschool if you only had one child? 12 minutes ago
- › June chat thread 14 minutes ago
- › Let's have some introductions! 14 minutes ago
- › My body is confusing me. 14 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama