or Connect
Mothering › Groups › January 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Anyone else tell today?

Anyone else tell today?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
Anyone else tell family today? We did mothers day with my mom on Friday so we told her then, she wasn't very happy, not angry but not thrilled about it. It makes my husband so mad that she's never excited for us. But we did mothers day with his family today and they were over the moon excited. I made little boxes for them with inspirational quotes and one of the notes said "roses are red, violets are blue, Aleric will be a big brother in a month or two! (Ok so 8 but that didn't rhyme" his mom got it right away, his grandmother had to read it twice and they both just started crying and were so happy. It really renewed my spirits about it all. Anyway I was just wondering who else told and how it went! Happy Mothers Day everyone!
post #2 of 25

That is sweet! I told everybody immediately. I always do - I can't keep it a secret ;) I found out Friday and everyone knew by Friday night either by Facebook or text. I didn't know how to make it more personal, because there's so many people to tell! I'm just too excited :) 

post #3 of 25
That's so sweet. I have family who won't be thrilled either...I'm wondering if I can just wait until I'm big and someone asks, then saying, "oh yeah, don't you remember us telling you?!" ok, nite really. but I'm not in any hurry. I would love to do something cute, because dh and I are very excited, but I think it would hurt more if I did do something cute and my mom cried like last time. they were definitely not tears of joy.
post #4 of 25

My Mom, Grandma and Sister knew immediately, but we waited to tell my in-laws until yesterday.  :)

They thought we were finished having babies (and so did we!).

We bought her a sunhat for our big family trip to Hawaii next year and folded a onesie up in the inside of the hat.  She unfolded the onesie, read the front of it (it said "I'm not late, I'm on Hawaiian time") and laughed before it finally clicked what she was holding.  That was followed by an "Are you pregnant? Oh F*****ck!" and lots of tears.  We got it all on video sans tears which were shed after.  It was cute.  

post #5 of 25

We just found out on Saturday and debated all day about when to tell the family. It was kind of a surprise to us as well, because we really thought it would take a while. I didn't believe it until I took the second test Sunday morning. We considered waiting a while, but we just couldn't. My parents were kind of shell-shocked. We didn't tell them that we were even trying because we didn't want to hear any negativity since we already have four kids. The youngest is almost ten, so obviously everyone thought we were done. I didn't know exactly how to tell my mom so I just let her talk first about what she was doing for Mother's Day. Then she asked me what I had done that day. So I just said it. "Well...I took a test this morning and found out that I'm pregnant." .....crickets...."Are you serious?" I said yes. Then she told my dad and she said, "He's just staring at me with a blank face!" Then she said that she was happy for me, but I think it will take a while for it to sink in. But my MIL was the complete opposite. I had to hold the phone away from my ear as she screamed. She said she had just been looking at the pictures of my four kids and thinking about how fast they're growing up. Then she started thinking, "They're still young, though. Maybe they'll another one." She is soooo excited, and that made my day. My siblings were also very happy and supportive. 

post #6 of 25

We PLAN on waiting for as long as possible. I just don't tend to be very disciplined in my endeavors and we end up telling sooner than we should. We haven't had family "approve" of our pregnancies since baby #3. So I'm certain #9 won't go over very well either.


Edited by UCmamaToMany - 5/20/12 at 9:22am
post #7 of 25

I just love that you have nine babies! 

I didn't want to tell until nearer to the end of the first trimester but my SO told my mom thinking she already knew and once my mom knows the entire world knows. Her SO talked about this pregnancy in front of my two oldest boys so they found out that way rather than me telling. irked.gif My sister told me that my mom thinks I should have terminated. 

post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

I just love that you have nine babies! 

coolshine.gif Aw thanks!

post #9 of 25
Quote:

My sister told me that my mom thinks I should have terminated. 

 

 :( So sorry.

post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

I just love that you have nine babies! 

I didn't want to tell until nearer to the end of the first trimester but my SO told my mom thinking she already knew and once my mom knows the entire world knows. Her SO talked about this pregnancy in front of my two oldest boys so they found out that way rather than me telling. irked.gif My sister told me that my mom thinks I should have terminated. 

I think you were in my due date club when my son was born!  I didn't post much but think I remember your name....maybe I'm wrong?!  My son Evan was born 10/07/09.  He just  passed away unexpectedly in January, and this is our Rainbow baby.  Funny to be in the same due date club again though!  :) 

post #11 of 25

We found out yesterda and my best friend was aware unintentionally yesterday evening don't plan on announcing tto anyone yet until we cross 12 weeks.

post #12 of 25

First pregnancy, we've told (or I have) a very small number of people for support and asked them to keep it confidential for now. My partner has children, so we're waiting until closer to the end of the first trimester to tell them and our families. The small bit of people that know have been super supportive and very excited though! Hard to keep it in when I'm being anti-social and nauseous/tired all the time!!
 

post #13 of 25

After hearing DH mention something about bunk beds, etc., DS1 (7) asked me today if we were going to have a fifth baby.  I tried to sidestep the question and he said "Just answer the question, Mommy.  Are we going to have a 5th baby or not?" and of course I didn't feel like I could lie to him since he asked directly.  He's thrilled, thinks that DS2 (23 months) will love having a playmate and can't wait to have another roommate if it's another boy.  DD1 (5) is excited too, but of course she said "I hope you don't hatch a HUNDRED more babies, we wouldn't have room!"  LOL  Yeah, she refers to it as "hatching" babies.  Hmm, maybe spending too much time with the chickens and watching too much Dinosaur Train.  winky.gif

post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodymama View Post

After hearing DH mention something about bunk beds, etc., DS1 (7) asked me today if we were going to have a fifth baby.  I tried to sidestep the question and he said "Just answer the question, Mommy.  Are we going to have a 5th baby or not?" and of course I didn't feel like I could lie to him since he asked directly.  He's thrilled, thinks that DS2 (23 months) will love having a playmate and can't wait to have another roommate if it's another boy.  DD1 (5) is excited too, but of course she said "I hope you don't hatch a HUNDRED more babies, we wouldn't have room!"  LOL  Yeah, she refers to it as "hatching" babies.  Hmm, maybe spending too much time with the chickens and watching too much Dinosaur Train.  winky.gif

 

ROTFLMAO.gifadorable! My five year old recently told me we're going to have "an army". I wonder what sort of plans she has?

post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post

I think you were in my due date club when my son was born!  I didn't post much but think I remember your name....maybe I'm wrong?!  My son Evan was born 10/07/09.  He just  passed away unexpectedly in January, and this is our Rainbow baby.  Funny to be in the same due date club again though!  :) 


How incredibly heartbreaking to hear. I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words and cannot imagine. guilty.gif

I was in the Oct 09 DDC. Vera was born on the 14th. Congratulations on the new love!  

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCmamaToMany View Post

We PLAN on waiting for as long as possible. I just don't tend to be very disciplined in my endeavors and we end up telling sooner than we should. We haven't had family "approve" of our pregnancies since baby #3. So I'm certain #9 won't go over very well either.

I hope they're at least respectful when they find out, since you have 8 already I would guess they wouldn't be surprised for a ninth!  I think big families are a big blessing.  If I'd started younger I'd probably be on my 8th LOL.  DH was in school and I wanted to wait until he had that stable job so I could stay home if I had kids.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu27 View Post

First pregnancy, we've told (or I have) a very small number of people for support and asked them to keep it confidential for now. 

 

Seven people know other than DH here--most are friends and then I went on a small weekend trip with the scouts and I had to tell a few of the moms there in case I was sick they wouldn't be wondering.  I definitely do not feel ready to announce it to the world.  And, too, I have those concerns if it turns out that there's nothing really there, etc.  I'm about 9 1/2 weeks and still have some weeks before the first mw appointment where they will listen to the heartbeat, etc.  I'm older now and I guess I worry more because of it!  Maybe after that I'll tell more people, don't know!  I know there will be a point soon where people will figure it out. I'm pretty amazed that my older kids haven't figured it out.  I've definitely been acting abnormal enough!  I guess they're just too self-absorbed LOL.

post #17 of 25

We just officially started telling the news last Friday and the weekend. My partner told his two children on Friday, and they're over the moon. They're both girls and they're rooting for a brother already, and started us on the name train as well :) They've already been talking about how to re-arrange the house to fit in a baby. I told my family on the weekend, and both my father and grandma "thanked" me - ha!!!!!! And my grandma told me I had restored her faith in horoscopes - she had a horoscope a while back indicating news of a "new arrival" :) Its been really fun to start telling people now! Word is getting out fast, my partner's 6-year old hung out with me at my farmers market booth this weekend and was pointing to my belly all day saying "baby! I see a baby in there!" She's worse than facebook... :)
 

post #18 of 25

The cats out of the bag here so to speak because I have a belly already. I popped immediately so everyone has been guessing. It's been pretty funny. :-) Totally cool with us though. Next week we'll find out if both babies are viable or if only 1 is. Either way, 1 healthy babe and I'm good. I think we'll be a ok though!biggrinbounce.gif

post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif adorable! My five year old recently told me we're going to have "an army". I wonder what sort of plans she has?
She wants minions!!
post #20 of 25
we hadnt told a lot of people but today at work i had 3 people ask me.... I guess the cat is out of the bad here. I am 10 and a half weeks and showing (third baby) so I guess I cant hide it much longer....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › January 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Anyone else tell today?