I am new to this 'I am not vaccinating' topic. I have two boys aged 2 and 5 and so far we've done all the required vaccines. However we are moving from Belgium to Washington DC this summer and we are required by the school (Washington International School) to do more vaccinations in line with the DC Health Board, as well as tuberculosis test and lead contamination test (yes, for DC this is a requirement). If we decide to do all of these, we should do them in Belgium because we arrive in DC too late in the summer to have it done before school starts.
But my question is, those of you who decide not to vaccinate (which I fully understand, I am not questioning your decision), how do you get around with the school etc? How do you justify it to the school, what kind of problems do you encounter?
Personally, I see no alternative if I want my 5 year old to start K in September. Enlighten me please