or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › How careful are you with nuts if your child doesn't have allergies (ie residue and potential harm to children who DO have allergies)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How careful are you with nuts if your child doesn't have allergies (ie residue and potential harm... - Page 5

post #81 of 112
Quote:
 Until they are old enough to advocate for themselves, they are their parents' responsibility. I can't be responsible for other peoples' kids and their conditions.

 

 

you mean like in personal responsibility? we are not good at that in the US- not just food allergies but in general- you can have a swimming pool, no kids on your own property and in most areas you must install a lock gate/fence-many things seem to be easy way out not responsibility of own-IMO

 

 

 

Quote:
I heard that peanut by products were/are an undisclosed ingredient in vaccines. That would account for it.

person I know with peanut allergies was very selectively vaccinated (his started at age one- years before the number given now) and I know many fully vaccinated with none 

post #82 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
 I know many fully vaccinated with none 

Obviously. The majority of US citizens are fully vaccinated and the majority do not have peanut allergies. Allergies are a multi factor thing; genetic tendencies combined with exposure, etc.

post #83 of 112

Some peanut allergy/vaccine info links, fwiw.

http://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/




edited to remove link to whale.to ~AdinaL
post #84 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

I heard that peanut by products were/are an undisclosed ingredient in vaccines. That would account for it.

My daughter, who has about 10 severe food allergies (6 of the top eight, plus a bunch of other foods) is not vaccinated. There are many unvaccinated children with food allergies. And while peanuts get much of the press, there are eight "big" food allergens in the US. Vaccines do use eggs/albumin, but there are no other food products in them. 

post #85 of 112

From one of the links in my above post:

 

"What peanuts have in common with vaccines is something that very few healthcare consumers and medical doctors may be aware of: Peanut oil is a hidden and non-stated ingredient in the manufacture of children’s vaccines. This was brought to light in a 2010 court case wherein parents were accused of Shaken Baby Syndrome; had their child taken from them and placed in foster care for almost eight months; and Harold E. Buttram, MD, presented corroborating medical information to the court regarding the anaphylactic reaction the six-month old baby boy experienced resulting in tremendous swelling and pressure of the brain."

 

Again, I wasn't saying that vaccines are the one and only cause of allergies or that unvaccinated people will never have allergies or that vaccinated people will, without fail, have allergies. We were talking about possible causes for the increase in severe peanut allergies.

post #86 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

Some peanut allergy/vaccine info links, fwiw.
Edited to remove link to whale.to ~AdinaL]
http://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/

Whale.to is not exactly a reliable source. It's a known Holocaust denial site.
post #87 of 112

I don't think it's that bad, LOL. I have kids over to ride horses all the time. Then again, if they're being allowed to ride in the first place, their parents probably aren't the kind who overprotect and can't accept responsibility or the potential for accidents, so maybe that's not a great sample.

 

Though I have to say, I'm not sure why a locked gate (or in our case, an alarm gate) on a pool is representative of a lack of personal responsibility shrug.gif If anything, it is the responsible thing to do. No one can watch their kids 24/7 and all it takes is a couple of minutes for a toddler to drown. Especially if it's at a party or family thing where there are lots of people and kids, you don't always know where they are in a crowd and it could be a while before you know they're gone. With an alarm gate, unless there's someone tall enough to disable the alarm, it lets you know when the gate is opened so you can go make sure no one's going to be there unattended.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

Quote:
 Until they are old enough to advocate for themselves, they are their parents' responsibility. I can't be responsible for other peoples' kids and their conditions.

 

 

you mean like in personal responsibility? we are not good at that in the US- not just food allergies but in general- you can have a swimming pool, no kids on your own property and in most areas you must install a lock gate/fence-many things seem to be easy way out not responsibility of own-IMO

 

post #88 of 112
Quote:
Though I have to say, I'm not sure why a locked gate (or in our case, an alarm gate) on a pool is representative of a lack of personal responsibility shrug.gif If anything, it is the responsible thing to do. No one can watch their kids 24/7 and all it takes is a couple of minutes for a toddler to drown. Especially if it's at a party or family thing where there are lots of people and kids, you don't always know where they are in a crowd and it could be a while before you know they're gone. With an alarm gate, unless there's someone tall enough to disable the alarm, it lets you know when the gate is opened so you can go make sure no one's going to be there unattended.

you missed my point- I was referring to a couple that had NO children- their own property- they are NOT responsible if other would trespass and drown- get it? people do not take personal responsible for lots of things and expect other to do it for them-----if your child wonders into another property YOU should be responsible and watch your child- same goes with your child leaving food in public places- your responsibility to clean up after YOUR child- not make others do it

 

 

another example - 

 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

Old Fogey warning: Why is it people eat everywhere these days? I was at a science museum and people were wandering around the exhibits with fried chicken and there was popcorn strewn throughout the entire place.

 

not taking personal responsibility - expecting OTHERS to clean up after you

 

 

would love to see the litter bug ad brought back- some people are pigs and feel the world needs to clean up after them

 

expecting other to do your job

post #89 of 112
Quote:

you missed my point- I was referring to a couple that had NO children- their own property- they are NOT responsible if other would trespass and drown- get it? people do not take personal responsible for lots of things and expect other to do it for them-----if your child wonders into another property YOU should be responsible and watch your child- same goes with your child leaving food in public places- your responsibility to clean up after YOUR child- not make others do it

 

 

This is definitely not true. A pool is an "attractive nuisance" in tort law, and is at least one of the very many reasons that having a pool on your (general you) property makes peoples homeowners insurance go WAY up, especially if its not properly enclosed/gated/locked.

post #90 of 112
Quote:
This is definitely not true. A pool is an "attractive nuisance" in tort law, and is at least one of the very many reasons that having a pool on your (general you) property makes peoples homeowners insurance go WAY up, especially if its not properly enclosed/gated/locked.

gates are not required in my area- nothing

 

it definitely is not required in all areas-parents were just held responsible last year in my area for a toddler that wondered off not the homeowner 

 

if I have poison ivy growing on my property and your child is allergic to it and you are not watching your child and they trespass YOU are responsible! and people do grow peanuts not just farmers

 

parents are the ones that must take personal responsibility not pushing it onto others- most food so far not illegal

post #91 of 112

Sorry, I can't get it to quote, I'm still trying to figure out this forum's system.

 

@serenbat, There's no need to be rude or use caps at me.

 

I'm not sure what your deal is here. Do you just want to lecture or push your "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" thing as hard as you can? Most of us here seem to agree with you, including myself, though I still don't see how securing a pool is a bad thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or your sentence structure/grammar is throwing me, but you're coming off very forceful and a bit rude and there's just no need for that.

post #92 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
 same goes with your child leaving food in public places- your responsibility to clean up after YOUR child- not make others do it

 

 

another example - "popcorn strewn throughout the place."

 

 

not taking personal responsibility - expecting OTHERS to clean up after you.

 

 

would love to see the litter bug ad brought back- some people are pigs and feel the world needs to clean up after them

 

expecting other to do your job

Right, people should take responsibility for their peanut butter smeared children and wipe them down.thumb.gif

post #93 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

Quote:

you missed my point- I was referring to a couple that had NO children- their own property- they are NOT responsible if other would trespass and drown- get it? people do not take personal responsible for lots of things and expect other to do it for them-----if your child wonders into another property YOU should be responsible and watch your child- same goes with your child leaving food in public places- your responsibility to clean up after YOUR child- not make others do it

 

 

This is definitely not true. A pool is an "attractive nuisance" in tort law, and is at least one of the very many reasons that having a pool on your (general you) property makes peoples homeowners insurance go WAY up, especially if its not properly enclosed/gated/locked.


Indeed. Our pool is a complete nuisance, it was the first owner's installation back in the 60's. Almost as bad as being a safety thing, it's a PITA to maintain. Every year we vow to get the thing removed, but never seem to get around to it. Heh.


Edited by Alasen - 5/23/12 at 8:15pm
post #94 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


Whale.to is not exactly a reliable source. It's a known Holocaust denial site.

 

Well, that particular page is a compilation of articles from www.thedoctorwithin.com , www.alternativehealthjournal.comhttp://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/ , this book: http://www.amazon.com/History-Peanut-Allergy-Epidemic/dp/1449916651 if any of those sources are more reputable.  

post #95 of 112
Quote:

Sorry, I can't get it to quote, I'm still trying to figure out this forum's system.

 

@serenbat, There's no need to be rude or use caps at me.

 

I'm not sure what your deal is here. Do you just want to lecture or push your "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" thing as hard as you can? Most of us here seem to agree with you, including myself, though I still don't see how securing a pool is a bad thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or your sentence structure/grammar is throwing me, but you're coming off very forceful and a bit rude and there's just no need for that.

make it large or small you as the  parent should take responsible

 

inferring others have to watch out for your child for a non-illegal thing (such as food, etc)  is simply wrong

 

also in my state we have open pit quarries (owned by multi-bilindollar companies) and they are not forced to gate them, drowning happens in them very often, same as a private pools-personal responsibility 

post #96 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

 

Well, that particular page is a compilation of articles from www.thedoctorwithin.com , www.alternativehealthjournal.comhttp://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/ , this book: http://www.amazon.com/History-Peanut-Allergy-Epidemic/dp/1449916651 if any of those sources are more reputable.  

I know of the book, but one of the problems with it is that it talks about the "peanut allergy epidemic" as though there aren't epidemics of OTHER allergies. If the problem is peanut oil in the vaccines, then does the author mean to suggest that there is also undisclosed soy, wheat, fish, shellfish, dairy, and tree nuts in vaccines? And, of course, this doesn't explain the presence of food allergy--including the unusual, severe "combination" food allergies like my daughter has--in unvaccinated children. We once had a doctor show us this book and insist that we should stop vaccinating our daughter immediately, because vaccines had likely caused or contributed to her allergies. When I reminded her that dd had never been vaccinated, the doctor said it must have been other "injectables." When I countered that dd had not, in fact, been injected with anything, ever, she was pretty much speechless. (We found a new doctor, by the way.)

post #97 of 112

    *


Edited by AbbyGrant - 6/28/12 at 9:26pm
post #98 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post

I know of the book, but one of the problems with it is that it talks about the "peanut allergy epidemic" as though there aren't epidemics of OTHER allergies. If the problem is peanut oil in the vaccines, then does the author mean to suggest that there is also undisclosed soy, wheat, fish, shellfish, dairy, and tree nuts in vaccines? And, of course, this doesn't explain the presence of food allergy--including the unusual, severe "combination" food allergies like my daughter has--in unvaccinated children. We once had a doctor show us this book and insist that we should stop vaccinating our daughter immediately, because vaccines had likely caused or contributed to her allergies. When I reminded her that dd had never been vaccinated, the doctor said it must have been other "injectables." When I countered that dd had not, in fact, been injected with anything, ever, she was pretty much speechless. (We found a new doctor, by the way.)

Again, I never said vaccines are to blame for all allergies. It's a theory as to why there is an increase in peanut allergies. One of those articles in the links also mentioned yeast protein being in some vaccines. There's another allergen for you. The vaccine industry hasn't been stellar about making their ingredients known, considering them trade secrets. My own unvaccinated ds had/has soy and dairy allergies. Mild, fortunately. I even delayed giving him dairy until he was one to minimize the possibility of allergies due to an immature digestive tract since I was assuming he was genetically predisposed to having allergies due to his family history.

 

There is no one cause of allergies. However, like autism, there has been a crazy increase in frequency and it makes sense to investigate possibilities rather than just saying it can't be helped, nothing being done to these children could possibly be increasing their risk. Then, there is also that phenomenon where a body can handle a certain amount of exposure to an allergen, but when it is compounded by exposure to another allergen, the body has a stronger reaction. I can't eat feta cheese during ragweed season without a reaction although I can eat it just fine other times of the year. Allergies are complicated.

post #99 of 112

*


Edited by AbbyGrant - 6/28/12 at 9:26pm
post #100 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

Quote:

Sorry, I can't get it to quote, I'm still trying to figure out this forum's system.

 

@serenbat, There's no need to be rude or use caps at me.

 

I'm not sure what your deal is here. Do you just want to lecture or push your "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" thing as hard as you can? Most of us here seem to agree with you, including myself, though I still don't see how securing a pool is a bad thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or your sentence structure/grammar is throwing me, but you're coming off very forceful and a bit rude and there's just no need for that.

make it large or small you as the  parent should take responsible

 

inferring others have to watch out for your child for a non-illegal thing (such as food, etc)  is simply wrong

 

also in my state we have open pit quarries (owned by multi-bilindollar companies) and they are not forced to gate them, drowning happens in them very often, same as a private pools-personal responsibility 

 

Still not sure what your issue is. If you'll read back, I 100% agree with you on people not having to alter their lives in fear of someone, somewhere having an allergy to something.

 

No need to be rude or confrontational. This is not a 'simply right' or 'simply wrong' issue and your opinion is not the word of god here.

 

Add: Also, it might be helpful if you tried to use some punctuation. It's very difficult to read what you're writing or understand the tone of it when everything is so disjointed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
  • How careful are you with nuts if your child doesn't have allergies (ie residue and potential harm to children who DO have allergies)
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › How careful are you with nuts if your child doesn't have allergies (ie residue and potential harm to children who DO have allergies)