- topicAllergiestagged by System, 5/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- sugar and gluten sensitivities? Last post on 4/11/14 at 12:08pm in Allergies
- Food sensitivity during pregnancy and infant food allergies Last post on 4/12/14 at 8:03am in Allergies
- Gluten allergy test questions Last post on 4/14/14 at 8:23am in Allergies
- Fruit makes me gag Last post on 3/17/14 at 2:14am in Allergies
- unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:46am in Allergies
Babies and seasonal allergies.
I did scd for about two weeks, then went on vacation and from that point my diet hasn't been the same. I'm ready to re eliminate again, but it's so hard to cut out virtually everything. (dairy, soy, gluten, all nuts, coconut anything, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries, shellfish, trying to limit fruits to limit sugar, certain spices, dried fruits, seeds, olives, including olive oil, and of course chocolate.)
Some i eliminated based on skin testing, some via muscle testing from Dds acupuncturist, and some because I noticed she seemed to react or get worse after I ate, but not sure if it's a coincidence, some based on ASYRA allergy test (a computerized food allergy/sensitivity test).
Nasal symptoms are new. At night shes been a little congested for a couple months and I keep meaning together rid of the down pillows on the bed, but always make sure they are far from her (cosleeping on a king size bed). The past two days though, her congestion has gotten quite bad.
She's 8 months. We are in the bay area, ca where the pollen has apparently been through the roof.
Pollen can be just plain irritating in quantity for anybody!
My then-infant dd's ARNP told me that babies don't start getting allergies until blah blahblahblah. Bullsh**. So, while I won't argue with Them, I have my own experiences to look to. Pollen can drift everywhere. We keep the bedroom windows closed, and the door, at all times during high allergy season. We wash bedding regularly (dust mite allergies, too.) All. The. Bedding. No line-drying during high allergy season. When grass season hits, I do a hose-down head to toe before putting on clean jammies and crawling into bed. You can try these trick with your dd as well.
Eczema is trickier. If you clearly see connections with foods, then you know. But eczema is not always an allergic response.
I am sitting here with my baby, who sounds like Darth Vader. He's just under a year. If I wasn't on Claritin D I'd be snorkeling right along with him. I too have been told it's virtually impossible for a baby to have "hay fever" but his symptoms are identical to mine and DH's, and that's what we have. Clear runny nose, congestion, sneezing, rubbing his face like it itches, no fever or GI symptoms. Nasal saline rinses help but not for long, and he is totally outraged by the process This has been such a terrible allergy season! For me, I'm putting the blame on genetics and weather conditions,not diet. My mother cut out a lot of sugar, gluten, several foods that she got "muscle tested" for, and her symptoms are no different than mine.
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 2 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 5 minutes ago
- › Poll: Whose last name does your dc use? 7 minutes ago
- › Some interesting articles to be read ... for those with time. 12 minutes ago
- › When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? 16 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 20 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 25 minutes ago
- › How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? 32 minutes ago
- › Due Date Thread and Roll Call 37 minutes ago
- › What time do you put your kids to bed? 39 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool