- topicAllergiestagged by System, 5/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- breastfeeding and allergies Last post on 2/12/14 at 9:35pm in Allergies
- Total elimination diet- rice/oat sensitivity? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:50pm in Allergies
- Toddler helping with contact allergies? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:22pm in Allergies
- Dairy Allergy and breastfeeding Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:51am in Allergies
- Weaning Toddler/Elimination Diet Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:28am in Allergies
Babies and seasonal allergies.
I did scd for about two weeks, then went on vacation and from that point my diet hasn't been the same. I'm ready to re eliminate again, but it's so hard to cut out virtually everything. (dairy, soy, gluten, all nuts, coconut anything, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries, shellfish, trying to limit fruits to limit sugar, certain spices, dried fruits, seeds, olives, including olive oil, and of course chocolate.)
Some i eliminated based on skin testing, some via muscle testing from Dds acupuncturist, and some because I noticed she seemed to react or get worse after I ate, but not sure if it's a coincidence, some based on ASYRA allergy test (a computerized food allergy/sensitivity test).
Nasal symptoms are new. At night shes been a little congested for a couple months and I keep meaning together rid of the down pillows on the bed, but always make sure they are far from her (cosleeping on a king size bed). The past two days though, her congestion has gotten quite bad.
She's 8 months. We are in the bay area, ca where the pollen has apparently been through the roof.
Pollen can be just plain irritating in quantity for anybody!
My then-infant dd's ARNP told me that babies don't start getting allergies until blah blahblahblah. Bullsh**. So, while I won't argue with Them, I have my own experiences to look to. Pollen can drift everywhere. We keep the bedroom windows closed, and the door, at all times during high allergy season. We wash bedding regularly (dust mite allergies, too.) All. The. Bedding. No line-drying during high allergy season. When grass season hits, I do a hose-down head to toe before putting on clean jammies and crawling into bed. You can try these trick with your dd as well.
Eczema is trickier. If you clearly see connections with foods, then you know. But eczema is not always an allergic response.
I am sitting here with my baby, who sounds like Darth Vader. He's just under a year. If I wasn't on Claritin D I'd be snorkeling right along with him. I too have been told it's virtually impossible for a baby to have "hay fever" but his symptoms are identical to mine and DH's, and that's what we have. Clear runny nose, congestion, sneezing, rubbing his face like it itches, no fever or GI symptoms. Nasal saline rinses help but not for long, and he is totally outraged by the process This has been such a terrible allergy season! For me, I'm putting the blame on genetics and weather conditions,not diet. My mother cut out a lot of sugar, gluten, several foods that she got "muscle tested" for, and her symptoms are no different than mine.
- › how to communicate with a dr. about your mental illness 40 seconds ago
- › Any other Pregnancy After Loss Mamas? 1 minute ago
- › wise woman sling 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone else still 'in the closet'? 5 minutes ago
- › Cool bibliography website... 10 minutes ago
- › 100 day project 13 minutes ago
- › ***The Bump Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › Birth Story Sharing 18 minutes ago
- › Gallstones and pregnancy 19 minutes ago
- › Minecraft homeschool 23 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea