- 809 Posts. Joined 12/2006
- Location: Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
Babies and seasonal allergies.
I did scd for about two weeks, then went on vacation and from that point my diet hasn't been the same. I'm ready to re eliminate again, but it's so hard to cut out virtually everything. (dairy, soy, gluten, all nuts, coconut anything, tomatoes, citrus, strawberries, shellfish, trying to limit fruits to limit sugar, certain spices, dried fruits, seeds, olives, including olive oil, and of course chocolate.)
Both my babies have had seasonal allergies (and food sensitivities). So it could be a combo of the two. Sorry, that's not super helpful. How old is your babe? Are the nasal symptoms newer than the eczema?
How did you decide on those foods to eliminate?
Some i eliminated based on skin testing, some via muscle testing from Dds acupuncturist, and some because I noticed she seemed to react or get worse after I ate, but not sure if it's a coincidence, some based on ASYRA allergy test (a computerized food allergy/sensitivity test).
Nasal symptoms are new. At night shes been a little congested for a couple months and I keep meaning together rid of the down pillows on the bed, but always make sure they are far from her (cosleeping on a king size bed). The past two days though, her congestion has gotten quite bad.
She's 8 months. We are in the bay area, ca where the pollen has apparently been through the roof.
Pollen can be just plain irritating in quantity for anybody!
My then-infant dd's ARNP told me that babies don't start getting allergies until blah blahblahblah. Bullsh**. So, while I won't argue with Them, I have my own experiences to look to. Pollen can drift everywhere. We keep the bedroom windows closed, and the door, at all times during high allergy season. We wash bedding regularly (dust mite allergies, too.) All. The. Bedding. No line-drying during high allergy season. When grass season hits, I do a hose-down head to toe before putting on clean jammies and crawling into bed. You can try these trick with your dd as well.
Eczema is trickier. If you clearly see connections with foods, then you know. But eczema is not always an allergic response.
I am sitting here with my baby, who sounds like Darth Vader. He's just under a year. If I wasn't on Claritin D I'd be snorkeling right along with him. I too have been told it's virtually impossible for a baby to have "hay fever" but his symptoms are identical to mine and DH's, and that's what we have. Clear runny nose, congestion, sneezing, rubbing his face like it itches, no fever or GI symptoms. Nasal saline rinses help but not for long, and he is totally outraged by the process This has been such a terrible allergy season! For me, I'm putting the blame on genetics and weather conditions,not diet. My mother cut out a lot of sugar, gluten, several foods that she got "muscle tested" for, and her symptoms are no different than mine.
- Babies and seasonal allergies.
- › How do you handle payment for overseas travel when kids are really... 2 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 2 minutes ago
- › Playstand plans with arches 2 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 5 minutes ago
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 10 minutes ago
- › Flying with a 1 year old 16 minutes ago
- › Hospital Bag / Homebirth List 19 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner girls? 24 minutes ago
- › Life in South Carolina? 25 minutes ago
- › 23 weeks and still exhausted and having food aversions - anyone else? 29 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf