My daughter was conceived on cycle day 9 of a regular 28 day cycle, I've been told the closer you have intercourse to your ovulation day (which would be day 14 of a 28 day cycle i think?) you're more likely to conceive a boy. So when i decide to start trying for another baby I should not have sex until day 12 for better chances of a baby boy? I just want to see if this is true..
- categoryFamily Planningtagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best method of "charting to avoid?" Last post on 11/29/13 at 2:51pm in Family Planning
- Warning: Plan B loses effectiveness over 165lbs Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:13am in Family Planning
- First period postpartum Last post on 11/28/13 at 8:05pm in Family Planning
- Charting confusion, thoughts? Last post on Today at 5:05 am in Family Planning
- What do you all cope with "baby fever"? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:52am in Family Planning
IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth Control
Last edited: 9/25/13
- Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...Last edited: 3/1/13
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?Last edited: 3/15/13
- Reasons To Choose Natural Family PlanningLast edited: 10/12/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
What cycle day did you conceive? and was it a girl or boy?post #1 of 155/23/12 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #2 of 155/24/12 at 7:06am
I don't know when DS was conceived, as we were TTC every day between day 8 and day 18 IIRC, and I was charting so I knew that I ovulated around day 14.
DD was conceived day 5 (!). I had a 28 day cycle but must have ovulated super early. I was charting to start TTC the next month, LOL. I knew she had to be a girl conceived that early!post #3 of 155/24/12 at 7:10ampost #4 of 155/24/12 at 11:32am
I believe their is some science to it. From what I understand and have read, in medical literature, the x sperm tend to be able to outlive the y sperm. So, if you have sex before ovulation with good ewcm or watery cm then you'll be more inclined to have a girl. If you DTD right before and the day of ovulation you're more likely to have a boy because the boy sperm are faster swimmers (so I've heard at least). Also, age plays a role. My friend has 2 girls, and 2 step sons. The step sons are much older (only 6 years her junior, her DH is 6 months younger than her father - ) and when they were having their girls, he thought he would only make boys because that's what he did when he was much younger (like 18 and 16 years prior. Well, because he was that number of years older, guess who won that swimming contest? The girls :-)
PS DS1 and DS 2 were conceived right before/on ovulation and well, this one (Prego with #3) the jury is out because it was a surprise! However, my hunch is that it will be a girl because I wasn't quite ovulating that I could pin point when we DTD and when it got closer to the big O DH pulled out. So, there we go!post #5 of 156/1/12 at 9:25pm
DS was conceived on day 14 of a 28 day cycle (go figure!). DD was conceived on day 10 of a 25 day cycle. Yes, there is some science that x sperm swim faster and die sooner, while y sperm are usually slower and live longer. There is also science that this dynamic changes some as a man ages.
Funny story - I read all of this science to try to conceive a boy for baby #2... so we only DTD on the day before and day of ovulation for 5 months, and I didn't get pregnant. So I panicked and gave up on all of that, and the next month, tada! And as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I also knew it was a girl! Turned out to be the best thing though. I'm not sure I could handle another boy!post #6 of 156/1/12 at 9:33pmpost #7 of 156/2/12 at 4:42ampost #8 of 156/28/12 at 5:09pmpost #9 of 156/28/12 at 5:29pmpost #10 of 156/29/12 at 7:22am
i will add that this ds was from dtd a day or 2 before o day, DD2 was from dtd on the day of o. i am not sure about DD1 or DS1. the only thing that was different between the kids was what i was eating. with both ds's i was eating red meat and potatoes, no dairy etc. with the girls i was drinking loads of milk and dairy and pastries.post #11 of 159/27/12 at 10:55ampost #12 of 1510/2/12 at 9:37am
I've always loved this topic!
I don't remember exactly what day DS1 was conceived on, I was due to ovulate on Thanksgiving weekend and DH and I dtd every night that weekend.
DS2 was conceived on the day of or day after ovulation (we dtd both nights).
DS3 (or so the u/s says) was conceived on day 19, I am pretty sure I ovulated that day. It was only my 2 pp cycle, so things were still wonky.post #13 of 1510/2/12 at 10:03ampost #14 of 1510/11/12 at 10:12ampost #15 of 1510/14/12 at 10:57pmI wasn't very vigilant in charting. In fact, after six months of letting nature take its course without getting preggo, one day DH said "hasn't it been about two weeks since your period?" It was day 14 of my 30ish day cycle and we had DD. From what I've read in this thread, it seems that she beat the odds lol. DH was 32 at the time so I doubt advanced paternal age was the culprit. She's 18 months now and we are terrified/excited at the prospect of trying for kiddo # 2.
- Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...
- › I don't like playing with my kid 3 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 7 minutes ago
- › SIL wont let my kids see her newborn 9 minutes ago
- › Are you living in the country, off grid or dreaming about it? 9 minutes ago
- › Non vaxer contemplating vaccination 11 minutes ago
- › Am I overreacting? 17 minutes ago
- › Where to rent live reindeer for our front yard? 17 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 18 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 19 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo