My daughter was conceived on cycle day 9 of a regular 28 day cycle, I've been told the closer you have intercourse to your ovulation day (which would be day 14 of a 28 day cycle i think?) you're more likely to conceive a boy. So when i decide to start trying for another baby I should not have sex until day 12 for better chances of a baby boy? I just want to see if this is true..
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryFamily Planning
Related Forum Threads
- post-partum cycles Last post on Yesterday at 2:38 pm in Family Planning
- Anyone have HUGE temp rise at 9 dpo and NOT be pregnant? Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 am in Family Planning
- Paragard Last post on 5/15/13 at 4:49am in Family Planning
- "Advanced" maternal age Last post on 5/13/13 at 2:27pm in Family Planning
- No Period Yet bc Breastfeeding 14-month-old, but I could swear I'm pregnant!! Last post on 5/13/13 at 11:16am in Family Planning
Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...
Edited on 3/1/13
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?Edited on 3/15/13
- Reasons To Choose Natural Family PlanningEdited on 10/12/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodEdited on 8/22/11
What cycle day did you conceive? and was it a girl or boy?post #2 of 155/24/12 at 7:06am
I don't know when DS was conceived, as we were TTC every day between day 8 and day 18 IIRC, and I was charting so I knew that I ovulated around day 14.
DD was conceived day 5 (!). I had a 28 day cycle but must have ovulated super early. I was charting to start TTC the next month, LOL. I knew she had to be a girl conceived that early!post #3 of 155/24/12 at 7:10ampost #4 of 155/24/12 at 11:32am
I believe their is some science to it. From what I understand and have read, in medical literature, the x sperm tend to be able to outlive the y sperm. So, if you have sex before ovulation with good ewcm or watery cm then you'll be more inclined to have a girl. If you DTD right before and the day of ovulation you're more likely to have a boy because the boy sperm are faster swimmers (so I've heard at least). Also, age plays a role. My friend has 2 girls, and 2 step sons. The step sons are much older (only 6 years her junior, her DH is 6 months younger than her father - ) and when they were having their girls, he thought he would only make boys because that's what he did when he was much younger (like 18 and 16 years prior. Well, because he was that number of years older, guess who won that swimming contest? The girls :-)
PS DS1 and DS 2 were conceived right before/on ovulation and well, this one (Prego with #3) the jury is out because it was a surprise! However, my hunch is that it will be a girl because I wasn't quite ovulating that I could pin point when we DTD and when it got closer to the big O DH pulled out. So, there we go!post #5 of 156/1/12 at 9:25pm
DS was conceived on day 14 of a 28 day cycle (go figure!). DD was conceived on day 10 of a 25 day cycle. Yes, there is some science that x sperm swim faster and die sooner, while y sperm are usually slower and live longer. There is also science that this dynamic changes some as a man ages.
Funny story - I read all of this science to try to conceive a boy for baby #2... so we only DTD on the day before and day of ovulation for 5 months, and I didn't get pregnant. So I panicked and gave up on all of that, and the next month, tada! And as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I also knew it was a girl! Turned out to be the best thing though. I'm not sure I could handle another boy!post #6 of 156/1/12 at 9:33pmpost #7 of 156/2/12 at 4:42ampost #8 of 156/28/12 at 5:09pmpost #9 of 156/28/12 at 5:29pm
I'll play :)
With DS I ovulated early so I know for sure we only DTD on the day before and day of ovulation.
With DD, the sperm was 4 days old.
With this baby we are still waiting to see on gender but the sperm was 3-6 days old.post #10 of 156/29/12 at 7:22am
i will add that this ds was from dtd a day or 2 before o day, DD2 was from dtd on the day of o. i am not sure about DD1 or DS1. the only thing that was different between the kids was what i was eating. with both ds's i was eating red meat and potatoes, no dairy etc. with the girls i was drinking loads of milk and dairy and pastries.post #11 of 159/27/12 at 10:55ampost #12 of 1510/2/12 at 9:37am
I've always loved this topic!
I don't remember exactly what day DS1 was conceived on, I was due to ovulate on Thanksgiving weekend and DH and I dtd every night that weekend.
DS2 was conceived on the day of or day after ovulation (we dtd both nights).
DS3 (or so the u/s says) was conceived on day 19, I am pretty sure I ovulated that day. It was only my 2 pp cycle, so things were still wonky.post #13 of 1510/2/12 at 10:03amMy boy was a quickie on ovulation day. We weren't actively trying.. I'm just horny quite a bit.
My daughter was a lazy Sunday afternoon couch encounter, she was conceived later in my cycle.... around day 18 or 19.post #14 of 1510/11/12 at 10:12am
DS1- day before O. (day 17 of a 32 day cycle)
DS2- 2 days before O (day 19 of a 35 day cycle)
DS3- day of O. (day 12 of a 26 day cycle)
DD- 5-6 days before O. (Day 18 or 19 of a 38 day cycle- O date was cd 24) :)post #15 of 1510/14/12 at 10:57pmI wasn't very vigilant in charting. In fact, after six months of letting nature take its course without getting preggo, one day DH said "hasn't it been about two weeks since your period?" It was day 14 of my 30ish day cycle and we had DD. From what I've read in this thread, it seems that she beat the odds lol. DH was 32 at the time so I doubt advanced paternal age was the culprit. She's 18 months now and we are terrified/excited at the prospect of trying for kiddo # 2.
- What cycle day did you conceive? and was it a girl or boy?
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?
- › Any BTDT advice for the first few weeks with newborn twins? 1 minute ago
- › How are you feeling? 7 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 10 minutes ago
- › Almost exclusively BF 15 month old newly constipated.... Change in... 14 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 23 minutes ago
- › Recurrent Corneal Erosion 26 minutes ago
- › Belly Pics 31 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat - May 7 to May 13 41 minutes ago
- › Anxiety and breastfeeding 43 minutes ago
- › Breast milk ice lollies from already frozen milk? 44 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11