My daughter was conceived on cycle day 9 of a regular 28 day cycle, I've been told the closer you have intercourse to your ovulation day (which would be day 14 of a 28 day cycle i think?) you're more likely to conceive a boy. So when i decide to start trying for another baby I should not have sex until day 12 for better chances of a baby boy? I just want to see if this is true..
- categoryFamily Planningtagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- When can I expect my fertility back? Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Family Planning
- Anyone else have problems with Paragard IUD!? Last post on Yesterday at 7:42 pm in Family Planning
- Best Age Gap Between Kids? Last post on 3/1/14 at 8:12am in Family Planning
- High bbt, no AF, neg HPT. I'm just confused. Last post on 2/23/14 at 6:08am in Family Planning
- Is there a way to induce AF? Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:55pm in Family Planning
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth ControlLast edited: 9/25/13
- Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...Last edited: 3/1/13
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?Last edited: 3/15/13
- Reasons To Choose Natural Family PlanningLast edited: 10/12/11
What cycle day did you conceive? and was it a girl or boy?post #1 of 155/23/12 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #2 of 155/24/12 at 7:06am
I don't know when DS was conceived, as we were TTC every day between day 8 and day 18 IIRC, and I was charting so I knew that I ovulated around day 14.
DD was conceived day 5 (!). I had a 28 day cycle but must have ovulated super early. I was charting to start TTC the next month, LOL. I knew she had to be a girl conceived that early!post #3 of 155/24/12 at 7:10ampost #4 of 155/24/12 at 11:32am
I believe their is some science to it. From what I understand and have read, in medical literature, the x sperm tend to be able to outlive the y sperm. So, if you have sex before ovulation with good ewcm or watery cm then you'll be more inclined to have a girl. If you DTD right before and the day of ovulation you're more likely to have a boy because the boy sperm are faster swimmers (so I've heard at least). Also, age plays a role. My friend has 2 girls, and 2 step sons. The step sons are much older (only 6 years her junior, her DH is 6 months younger than her father - ) and when they were having their girls, he thought he would only make boys because that's what he did when he was much younger (like 18 and 16 years prior. Well, because he was that number of years older, guess who won that swimming contest? The girls :-)
PS DS1 and DS 2 were conceived right before/on ovulation and well, this one (Prego with #3) the jury is out because it was a surprise! However, my hunch is that it will be a girl because I wasn't quite ovulating that I could pin point when we DTD and when it got closer to the big O DH pulled out. So, there we go!post #5 of 156/1/12 at 9:25pm
DS was conceived on day 14 of a 28 day cycle (go figure!). DD was conceived on day 10 of a 25 day cycle. Yes, there is some science that x sperm swim faster and die sooner, while y sperm are usually slower and live longer. There is also science that this dynamic changes some as a man ages.
Funny story - I read all of this science to try to conceive a boy for baby #2... so we only DTD on the day before and day of ovulation for 5 months, and I didn't get pregnant. So I panicked and gave up on all of that, and the next month, tada! And as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I also knew it was a girl! Turned out to be the best thing though. I'm not sure I could handle another boy!post #6 of 156/1/12 at 9:33pmpost #7 of 156/2/12 at 4:42ampost #8 of 156/28/12 at 5:09pmpost #9 of 156/28/12 at 5:29pmpost #10 of 156/29/12 at 7:22am
i will add that this ds was from dtd a day or 2 before o day, DD2 was from dtd on the day of o. i am not sure about DD1 or DS1. the only thing that was different between the kids was what i was eating. with both ds's i was eating red meat and potatoes, no dairy etc. with the girls i was drinking loads of milk and dairy and pastries.post #11 of 159/27/12 at 10:55ampost #12 of 1510/2/12 at 9:37am
I've always loved this topic!
I don't remember exactly what day DS1 was conceived on, I was due to ovulate on Thanksgiving weekend and DH and I dtd every night that weekend.
DS2 was conceived on the day of or day after ovulation (we dtd both nights).
DS3 (or so the u/s says) was conceived on day 19, I am pretty sure I ovulated that day. It was only my 2 pp cycle, so things were still wonky.post #13 of 1510/2/12 at 10:03ampost #14 of 1510/11/12 at 10:12ampost #15 of 1510/14/12 at 10:57pmI wasn't very vigilant in charting. In fact, after six months of letting nature take its course without getting preggo, one day DH said "hasn't it been about two weeks since your period?" It was day 14 of my 30ish day cycle and we had DD. From what I've read in this thread, it seems that she beat the odds lol. DH was 32 at the time so I doubt advanced paternal age was the culprit. She's 18 months now and we are terrified/excited at the prospect of trying for kiddo # 2.
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth Control
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 minute ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 11 minutes ago
- › What about baby swings for newborns? any suggestions...also A&D... 21 minutes ago
- › STEM program at my elementary school is exclusive? 24 minutes ago
- › Libido and Pregnancy 46 minutes ago
- › Anyone else have a kid who just wont keep their hands to themselves? 53 minutes ago
- › Christian moms March '14 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › General Chat 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo