I eat pretty healthy but lately I have been dragging in the energy dept. Also, I have been taking vitex and it increases my hunger (which is good because I need to gain some weight - like 15 lbs. would be good!) and I tend to snack unheathily in between meals. Any ideas? I don't have any food allergies or intolerances!
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Holiday cookies - share your best recipe! Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- What will your holiday meal be? I need suggestions! Last post on Today at 6:48 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Favorite crockpot meals Last post on Today at 12:53 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Nettle availablility Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Any Grain free/Paleo Momma's out there?? Last post on 12/6/13 at 1:57pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
What do you eat to get an energy boost?post #1 of 55/24/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #2 of 55/25/12 at 8:01am
I was feeling really draggy for a long, long while and I finally decided to take a mulitvitamin and some vitamin C. That did not take care of the problem. Then I added some vitaimin D and I can't get over how much better I feel.
It took several weeks, I am not POSITIVE it was the vitamin D, but I can't think of anything else I changed that could have helped that much.
Anyway, food-wise, I eat a small piece of dark chocolate if I need a little energy boost. I've heard eating an apple will do the same thing. I didn't notice the apple making any difference in my energy level.
Are you drinking enough water?
If you really are underweight for your frame, maybe that could make you tired, too?
post #3 of 55/25/12 at 4:20pm
It's entirely possible that, most often, I don't make the healthiest 'pick-me-up' choices.
In my defense, I usually pair the coffee with a moderately 'healthy' egg sandwich (with lots of spinach and cheese).
If I go for juice, I'll often put flaxseed or other omega/EFA oil on it (good for keeping it more filling/adding calories/getting your healthy oils). I find, personally, that I feel better energy-wise when I have that regularly.
I've also done a lovely simple banana-milkshake-smoothie with frozen banana, instant espresso powder, milk, dash of yogurt, dab of peanut butter, touch of honey.
Interesting comment about adding in the Vit. D. If you check back, tinybutterfly, I'd just love to know how much you added to your regimen.post #4 of 55/27/12 at 11:46ampost #5 of 55/28/12 at 9:22am
If I'm between meals and I'm hungry, I eat nuts. Almonds, walnuts, whatever kind you prefer. It's a good punch of protein which gives me energy. I'm also partial to adding in some dark chocolate with the nuts. A little sugar boost that is also good for you, along with the protein usually does the job.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 5 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 6 minutes ago
- › Mall Santa asked for my # in front of DC!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 18 minutes ago
- › Chronic Illness Support Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Anyone in and around Sussex County NJ? 23 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 28 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 30 minutes ago
- › seeking advice for my 11 year old son that wants to be a girl 31 minutes ago
- › A WWYD dilemma involving damaged property and compensation 31 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo