I eat pretty healthy but lately I have been dragging in the energy dept. Also, I have been taking vitex and it increases my hunger (which is good because I need to gain some weight - like 15 lbs. would be good!) and I tend to snack unheathily in between meals. Any ideas? I don't have any food allergies or intolerances!
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Indigo New Mama and Her Indigo Baby and Husband Seeking Kindred Spirit Friends Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:44pm in Washington, Oregon, Idaho
- too much iron from a Cast Iron pan? Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:46pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Sinus Infection Last post on 2/28/14 at 3:49pm in I'm Pregnant
- Gogurt alternative Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:58pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Ellyn Satter and forbidden foods Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:39pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
What do you eat to get an energy boost?post #1 of 55/24/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #2 of 55/25/12 at 8:01am
I was feeling really draggy for a long, long while and I finally decided to take a mulitvitamin and some vitamin C. That did not take care of the problem. Then I added some vitaimin D and I can't get over how much better I feel.
It took several weeks, I am not POSITIVE it was the vitamin D, but I can't think of anything else I changed that could have helped that much.
Anyway, food-wise, I eat a small piece of dark chocolate if I need a little energy boost. I've heard eating an apple will do the same thing. I didn't notice the apple making any difference in my energy level.
Are you drinking enough water?
If you really are underweight for your frame, maybe that could make you tired, too?
post #3 of 55/25/12 at 4:20pm
It's entirely possible that, most often, I don't make the healthiest 'pick-me-up' choices.
In my defense, I usually pair the coffee with a moderately 'healthy' egg sandwich (with lots of spinach and cheese).
If I go for juice, I'll often put flaxseed or other omega/EFA oil on it (good for keeping it more filling/adding calories/getting your healthy oils). I find, personally, that I feel better energy-wise when I have that regularly.
I've also done a lovely simple banana-milkshake-smoothie with frozen banana, instant espresso powder, milk, dash of yogurt, dab of peanut butter, touch of honey.
Interesting comment about adding in the Vit. D. If you check back, tinybutterfly, I'd just love to know how much you added to your regimen.post #4 of 55/27/12 at 11:46ampost #5 of 55/28/12 at 9:22am
If I'm between meals and I'm hungry, I eat nuts. Almonds, walnuts, whatever kind you prefer. It's a good punch of protein which gives me energy. I'm also partial to adding in some dark chocolate with the nuts. A little sugar boost that is also good for you, along with the protein usually does the job.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Question about unschooling and chores 12 minutes ago
- › Need Answers. 13 minutes ago
- › H1N1 During Pregnancy 24 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 38 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 39 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 46 minutes ago
- › Surviving a Strong Willed, Clingy Child 54 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 1 hour ago
- › carpet cleaning paranoia 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark
- › Getting Bigger by Melanie Mayo