Recent Images In This Thread
- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/11/14 at 8:25am in Infertility
- HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking Opinions on Dr's Choices Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:34am in Infertility
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:27am in Infertility
- Gestational Surrogacy Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:13pm in Infertility
- Progesterone levels in pregnancy Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:30am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 44post #861 of 8799/3/12 at 9:53ampost #862 of 8799/3/12 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly
Blue- We transferred last time. I was just curious what it was about. I thought you had tested positive for anti-phospholipid antibodies. I am not talking surrogacy- which is when someone else carries the baby. Donor eggs would mean I would cycle with another woman and one of her eggs would be transferred to my uterus and any extras would be frozen. Here's my clinic's site (they do a good job of explaining things): http://www.conceptionsrepro.com/default.aspx
Deborah - I know you transferred last time, but my question was how many did you transfer??? I also know what surrogacy is b/c DH & I have talked about it in the past, but prob couldn't afford it on our end in the long run. I just couldn't understand why you needed to use donor eggs when the last thing you posted on here was that your RE was willing to use your own eggs again? The fact that you got a BFP on your first try w/ IVF is amazing and I'd think that you are probably a good candidate to get prego again w/ IVF using the same method you did before (but maybe some different drugs for your ER after your bad experience there). Oh, no I don't have anti-phospholipid antibodies but i do have + TPO antibodies, maybe that is what you were thinking, but i guess that has nothing to do w/ the need for intralipids. Hope that clarifies!!post #863 of 8799/3/12 at 10:06ampost #864 of 8799/3/12 at 10:36ampost #865 of 8799/3/12 at 11:03am
Blue- It wasn't that she was willing to use my own eggs, it was that she was willing to work with me. Egg quality was poor to begin with and it can change considerably in a year. I suspect that I am not ovulating every month and that when I am it is not effective. Aside from that, my Endo is back and really bad which means my egg quality could have been attacked some more. I meant to put 2 transferred last time. One made it and split, the other didn't stick. What are TPO antibodies?post #866 of 8799/3/12 at 11:44ampost #867 of 8799/3/12 at 6:27pm
gtree - congrats! No worries about posting here! you are welcome!
Deborah - I tested positive for NK cells too.Like Blue, I did the interkipid treatment before transfer. It was easy and not too expensive. The doc explained it like blue did, the the body recognizes the baby as foreign and kills it off. the interlipids are supposed to make the body a perfect environment for welcoming a baby. I have also thought about egg donation. There is a wonderful online forum for parents via egg donation that I have stalked when I was trying to decide. For me it made more sense to use my last insurance IVF try on my own eggs and then if that fails just move on to donor embryos (way cheaper). It is really expensive to do a traditional donor egg cycle (although apparently a lot cheaper in the czech republic), and kinda affordable to do a donor embryo cycle. We are thinking of california conceptions is this last IVF fails, although I am thinking positively about it.
Blue - I haven't gotten my schedule yet. Hopefully soon.
AFM - I relized that I am supposed to be in vegas three weeks before DS gets out of school. Hopefully we will be able to make it back for him to go to the last week of class, so that he can do the xmas play. We are not even christian, but he was so damn cute last year (he played the baby Jesus), I don't want to miss it or have him miss it.post #868 of 8799/3/12 at 6:53pm
hello ladies!! hope you all had a lovely long weekend.
renavoo, how is the nanny? getting used to the idea of going back to work? i can't wait to see more baby photos!
belly, how are you and all the girls holding up? i'm still waiting for photos! i lol'd about your dream, i would take you out to lunch any time :)
blue, when is your next appt? I was cracking up about how much you've been eating lately, but it's what the baby needs!
rcr, it kind of stinks about your ds's school, but it is what it is. if he misses two weeks, can you get work from the teacher to do with him while you're there? how cute that he was the baby jesus! i bet things will work out so he still gets to participate. so are you doing anything to gear up for this cycle? anything different than before?
gtree, looks like a plus to me! congrats!!
deborah, good luck with this upcoming cycle. it sounds like your dr really has your best interests in mind.
afm, i was supposed to get my period on friday so i could start my IM estrogen shots on sunday night. when the dr called with my us and bw results they told me to start up, but when i explained I hadn't had any bleeding the nurse said to wait until i bleed, then take the shot 24 hours later. sadly it's monday and NO bleeding. nothing. not a spot. i am going to call tomorrow and let them know, but i'm worried it's going to push my calendar out. i had it perfectly planned so that my transfer was on a friday and i could be on bedrest for the weekend. if they move me out i'd be stuck having to transfer in the middle of the week and i can't afford to lose many more vacation days. since this is just supplemental estrogen i'm hoping it won't really matter. did anyone else miss a period while on lupron? i've been on it for 10 days now.post #869 of 8799/3/12 at 8:11pmpost #870 of 8799/4/12 at 5:33amRcr- hope you get your schedule figured out so DS can be in the play.
Aura- I'm at my intralipids appt now and I have my next Ob appt on the 18th and. Ext u/s on the 21st. Grrr to AF not showing up!! Fingers crossed for a free baby. Wishful thinking!!
Deborah- rcr was saying that she also has increased natural killer cells not TPO antibodies. Intralipids are used for killer cells not TPO antibodies.post #871 of 8799/4/12 at 5:54amMe 38 tubaligation
DH 35 excellent
ER 08/19/12 16 eggs 3 fertilized
ET 08/22/12. 3 transferred (1 4cell, 1 6cell & 1 8cell)
08/31/12 hpt bfn
09/01-09/04/12 hpt bfn
Scared that it didn't work.
Beta scheduled for 09/05/12
Praying for a BFP
Anyone else test negative & end up with a positive
Beta?post #872 of 8799/4/12 at 6:21ampost #873 of 8799/4/12 at 6:33am
Aura - ugh, sorry about AF not showing up. Mine was a day or so late while on lupron, but it did show up in time and everything went as planned. DS is in a montessori school, so they don't really do homework, but I am not worried about him missing school - just the end of year celebration. He is only 4, so its not like he is going to fall behind for missing 2 weeks of school (some kids aren't even in school at his age). I am doing a few things differently this cycle - I am not drinking coffee at all (last time I was doing decaf, which still has a little caffine), I am trying to not drink at all (last time I drank wine every now and then, but still not a lot). I am also going to start taking prenatels and COQ10 (need to start that tomorrow, now that I remember :). I was taking more vitamins, which I have been taking for years, but they never helped, obviously, so I don't see any harm in giving them up. I am open to suggestions? Is there anything else I should be doing?post #874 of 8799/4/12 at 2:00pmpost #875 of 8799/4/12 at 5:00pm
rcr I say go for it! It's September, we could use some new thread BFPs!! (Especially since I'll be doing my FET soon!) I think the no caffeine is worth a try. I did decaf my first two ivfs and no caff my last... I know Teresa's dr even told her no chocolate! As far as supplements, Dr T had me on pycnogenol and inositol three times a day. I'd like to think they worked wonders, as my egg quality was great this time, but I know protocol played a larger part in that. But they weren't expensive so I'm still taking them.
blue, can't wait to hear the news from your upcoming appointments!
so nervous, welcome! it's not over until the beta, so stay positive. how are you feeling? your retrieval was on my bday, that must be lucky!
afm, i think my period is TRYING to come. It's not quite spotting, but it's something. Dr T said that if it doesn't come by Thursday I should just start the estrogen shots regardless. I think this delay is going to push my transfer back a few days, but maybe not. I should know more tomorrow.post #876 of 8799/4/12 at 9:45pmpost #877 of 8799/5/12 at 7:01am
Aura - I have never even heard of those two drugs. I am going to look them up. Maybe I will email dr. fisch and ask him what he thinks. I love that I can just email him and he will get back to me - my old Dr. was such a pain to get a hold of.
AFM - I head back from the nurse, and I need to be in Vegas on Dec. 3. DH needs to be there on the 5th, but I think I am going to ask him to come out on the 4th because last time I was worried that I would go early and he would not be there. He has the time off anyway, if he leaves on the night of the 4th. We are still trying to work out when we will go back - DS has a violin performance on the 15th, and I really don't want him to miss it, so I think that I may send DH and DS home early and I will just be there to relax, and in case we have a 5-day transfer.
ETA - OK, I will start a new thread when I get a little work done this morning.post #878 of 8799/5/12 at 6:06pmHi ladies,
I took my first IM estrogen shot tonight. Not terrible at all. However for some reason it sent me into a really sad mood. I think I'm worried that this FET won't work. Or the one after. Or my final fresh. I'm scared we will be out of money without a baby. I'm scared I'll have nothing to show for all this.
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Nursing my 2.5 year old who is driving me crazy! And H is telling... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › "End mommy wars": What do you think? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Anyone showing already? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › General Chat 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Career 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Should I talk to my kids about PPD? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Home use fetal heart doppler 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Is it legal for my landlord to.... 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher