Is anyone planning to do freezer meals?
I am considering investing in a freezer since our apartment just has one of those dorm sized refrigerators. We also don't have an oven but we have a toaster oven and a microwave so I am trying to find meals I can reheat in one of the two..
I am also trying to come up with some healthy (lower fat, vegan/vegetarian when possible,) options to freeze which will be good for the summer (soup is easy but not the best when its 100 degrees + out with no AC in our place)
right now my freezer list looks like this:
- veggie burgers (need to find a few good recipes since you cant buy them pre-made here)
- lasgana (veggie and a low fat meat)
- maybe chili (bean and meat)
- granola bars (need a good low fat, high protein recipe which freezers well)
- french onion soup
- tomato soup
- grilled eggplant casserole
- polenta lasagna with kale
I found I don't tolerate beans or onions well when BFing so I am trying to avoid those or at least not make them a primary option but am considering some sort of chickpea curries..
Are there any other options people like/enjoy which would freeze well and be sort of 'one handed reheat' meal options for lunch or dinner? I found breakfast to generally not be so much of an issue since I tend to just eat yogurt or cereal and coffee.