I want a moisturizer (preferably with zinc oxide for spf) that won't make me break out! I've wasted money on so many. Problem is, now I'm 37 and getting wrinkles, so I want it to nourish my skin. Just without giving me a million zits. Any recommendations?
- categoryNatural Body Care
Related Forum Threads
- Switch Stores for $1 - Green Products We All Use Regularly Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Natural Body Care
- Don't miss our bath and skin care reviews contest! Last post on Today at 11:02 am in Natural Body Care
- Shaving set for DH Last post on 6/6/13 at 11:56am in Natural Body Care
- Best bug repellent and sun screen for kids? Last post on 6/11/13 at 1:19pm in Natural Body Care
- Diva Cup after childbirth - Do I really need the size 2? Last post on 6/3/13 at 3:20pm in Natural Body Care
Natural facial moisturizer with SPF for adult acne-prone skin?
I haven't found a moisturizer w/ SPF that doesn't break me out, so I do them separately. I've moisturize with http://www.target.com/p/Garnier-Refreshing-Gel-Cream/-/A-12758696#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink. Just about every sunscreen breaks me out, but Neutrogena just came out with this http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena-clear-face-sunblock-lotion-spf-30/qxp328502?catid=184134 and after a week's use, I haven't boken out!
Thanks! I wish the neutrogena was zinc-oxide based, but I'll keep it in mind. The reviews for the Garnier product are excellent.
I've tried so hard to use natural products over the years. But my skin just hates the oils. sigh.
Oo, that's good to know too. I like Trader Joe's and we have one about 1/2 hour from here. Thanks for the tip!
For now, I've gone back to washing my face with baking soda and toning with ACV, and that's working okay. It's the moisturizers and SPF's that kill my skin. Wish I could rub some jojoba oil on my face and be done with it. I'd really love to know why acne persists into adulthood, particularly if you have a very healthy diet (I do.) It bothers me to no end.
Hey, just an fyi for anyone checking this thread...
Bare Minerals now makes an SPF powder. No oils or anything that will sink into the skin. It's SPF 30. I got it this week, and so far so good!
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 3 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 8 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 14 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 15 minutes ago
- › Leashes for children? Yes or no? 16 minutes ago
- › June No Spend Challenge!!! 18 minutes ago
- › Let's talk baby names! 22 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a midwife in LA! 26 minutes ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 29 minutes ago
- › Homeschooling Mamas: How do you get your "me" time? 32 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama