I'd like a list of all the pocket diapers and AIO/AI2 diapers out there that do NOT use fleece, microfiber, or other synthetic materials for their interior and inserts. (Obviously the outer waterproof material is synthetic.) I've had SO many issues/problems with synthetic materials in diapers! I mostly use prefolds and fitteds at this point (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), but I'd like to have maybe half a dozen "easy" diapers for on the go, babysitters/grandparents, etc. Can you help me with a list of pocket/AIO/AI2 diapers that use only cotton, hemp or bamboo for the inner material and inserts? Thanks!!
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- making cloth baby wipes Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:38pm in Diapering
- Diaper rash advice needed... Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:51am in Diapering
- What to do with your no-longer-needed cloth diapers? Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:29pm in Diapering
- Rough/Scratchy Prefolds Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:47am in Diapering
- Alva 4.0 & Gdiaper hack Last post on 11/28/13 at 9:53am in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
Pockets and AIO's with No Fleece/Syntheticspost #1 of 115/31/12 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #2 of 115/31/12 at 6:53pmpost #3 of 115/31/12 at 9:02pm
Bottombumpers are an AIO that the interior is made of organic cotton and topped with bamboo velour.
Swadleebees makes the Econappi, which is a pocket lined with organic cotton velour and it comes with a hemp/cotton insert I believe.
The Grovia line has their AIO and the All-in-Two (snap in insert) that have organic cotton options.
Oh, and BumGenius has the Elemental which is an AIO with an organic cotton inner.
There's more, I'm sure, but that was just off the top of my head!
post #4 of 115/31/12 at 9:26pmpost #5 of 116/2/12 at 11:26ampost #6 of 116/2/12 at 12:14pmpost #7 of 116/2/12 at 12:36pm
Dang - see, it's been awhile since I've bought new diapers, I didn't realize they'd closed. If I find one of my other links to a seller with their AIO's I'll stick it here.
I've also had sugar peas wool covers that were designed to be an AIO, and in comparison I do think the loveybums would make a better wool AIO than those if it's what someone was looking for. They've got bigger and strechier gussets and are thicker layers of wool too.post #8 of 116/9/12 at 1:07pm
You could also get some custom made WAHM diapers. Our favorite is Three Monkeys. She has very reasonable prices, well made diapers, and if you buy 5 at $16, you get the 6th one free (or buy 10 get 3 free). She does whatever you want, including cotton velour or bamboo velour inner for an extra $1-2 per diaper. Her basic inserts that come with them are bamboo fleece and super absorbent. She also has tons of great prints to choose from. The only real down side is the wait time for customs. I think it's about 5 weeks right now.post #9 of 117/12/12 at 2:19pm
I LOVE Best Bottom diapers! Sold my Fuzzibunz to replace with Best Bottom. They have a organic cotton/hemp insert that has a cotton fleece on one side. SUPER TRIM!!
Softbums have a great cotton/hemp insert that I've hused for nightime. They do have fleece on the inside but its not over the insert, just as backing against the waterproof shell.post #10 of 119/9/12 at 5:51pmpost #11 of 1110/17/12 at 12:54pm
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › Placenta Plans? 5 minutes ago
- › It's a...... 12 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Arrangements 22 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 46 minutes ago
- › What's Happening Today? 50 minutes ago
- › Twins 53 minutes ago
- › The scoop on midwifery in Hawaii 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Unitarian Universalist Thread or Group? 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › For fun: "Green mama problems" 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo