or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › June Chit Chat

June Chit Chat - Page 10

post #181 of 352

Sara I am sooooo glad Shay is okay!  I had to get stitches a lot as a kid and I'm so glad he dodged that, at least!  Did he need a butterfly closure or anything?  Is it bruised today?  Poor little guy!  

post #182 of 352

Is my baby the only one who still hates being on her belly? I laugh at the idea of army crawling. She'd never try it! She goes from a sitting position to crawling position on hands and knees (or often hands and feet with her butt up in the air) and gets upset when her arms get tired and she has to lower herself to her belly. LOL. We're shocked that she's even trying to crawl because of how much she seems to hate facing the dang floor. Trying to reach her toys she flung out of reach is a big motivator. Haha.

post #183 of 352

Glad Shay is okay.

post #184 of 352

Olivine was like that.  Only, she hated it so much that she skipped crawling.  She went from sitting (4mo) to standing and cruising by 6-7mo.  After that she only wanted to practice standing, it was almost impossible to get her to sit on the floor!  She ended up walking at 9mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Is my baby the only one who still hates being on her belly? I laugh at the idea of army crawling. She'd never try it! She goes from a sitting position to crawling position on hands and knees (or often hands and feet with her butt up in the air) and gets upset when her arms get tired and she has to lower herself to her belly. LOL. We're shocked that she's even trying to crawl because of how much she seems to hate facing the dang floor. Trying to reach her toys she flung out of reach is a big motivator. Haha.

post #185 of 352
Thread Starter 

Dd was like that, too, though she did crawl at 7 months, but not for long as she started walking at 9 months.

post #186 of 352

Has anyone else gotten AF back? I probably didn't tell you guys because I was super bummed about it, but I weaned Conner about two months ago. Long story short, I dried up. No engorgement, no nothing. It was really hard on me and I went through a really dark time but I'm okay with it now. It just made me more determined for my next child. Plus I made it to his 6 months, so I'm happy with that, especially with how crazy busy my life is.

 

Anyways, right after he weaned, I spotted for a few days. Then a few weeks later I had what I would call a normal cycle. I paid attention on my BC pack what week of my pack that was, so I knew when to expect it again and it hasn't happened. It's about a week later than last month and no sign of her at all. I know that that's normal, so what I'm asking is... How long did it take you guys to become regular again? A friend of mine whose daughter is only 2 days younger than Conner didn't BF at all so she's had her cycle back for months. She even says it's more regular now then it ever has been and was completely astounded that I'd only had one so far... And to be honest, she kind of freaked me out. LOL

 

Also, new dog anyone? =)

 

858.jpg

 

We got her yesterday. Macy. 3 months old, 22 pounds. Her and my other dog get along wonderfully (Thank God), so she settled right in. :)

post #187 of 352

Firstly, Im sorry you did not feel comfortable sharing your decision.  I hope that you would never think any of us would pass negative judgment on you or not be supportive!  That must have been very hard for you.

 

And second, depending on what kind of pill your on you may not have a normal cycle ever.  And, it can definitely take a few months for your cycle to come BACK let alone level out after breastfeeding.  I wouldnt worry, as long as you were sure you are not pregnant.

post #188 of 352

Nicole - I'm sorry you had to wean Conner earlier than expected. I'm glad you shared it with us, though. Like Ash said, no judgments here! You did a great job breastfeeding for 6 months! Woohoo! That's something to be dang proud of! orngbiggrin.gif I love the new pup. Super cute! As for AF... I've had very light spotting every month except maybe one postpartum, which weren't really typical periods for me, but this last one at 6 months pp was a full-blown, hating-life-as-I-know-it, knock-me-up-already-DH(!)-so-I-don't-have-to-go-through-this-again kind of period. Ugh. I had forgotten how horrible my AF's were... I've exclusively breastfed on demand, too, so my period just didn't want to stay away. Maybe it would've if I had put off starting Sora on solids. To answer your question, though, my cycle is already regular again. I'd say at 4 months it became regular timewise, even though the bleeding and PMS (SOB...) weren't regular yet. I've been ovulating on cue for the past few months too. Were your cycles ever irregular in normal everyday pre-pregnancy life? Mine have always been super super regular and predictable, scarily so, so I expected to fall back into the same pattern right away anyway. I don't know if that is typical, though? I'm going to assume you already determined whether you're pregnant or not and are asking these questions with that knowledge in hand. 2whistle.gif My friend has EBF her daughter too and her cycle became regular immediately pp. Poor girl got AF right away and never got a break.

post #189 of 352

I have no experience with weaning, but it took at least 6 months for the af to regulate after it came back with Olivine (at 12mo pp).  It was super long (60 days) and all over the place.  All variations are normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

post #190 of 352

 Nicole~ What a cute puppy.  Depends on what birth control pill your on probably on when af will come back.    I haven't gotten AF back yet and don't expect it back til after Harlan turns 1 yr if not a little later.

post #191 of 352

Nicole, my period after my first baby was irregular until I got pregnant again (I was trying and it was a challenge). I think I only had one every other month until a year.  I don't know about weaning, but you might still be lactating, I would imagine that could affect your AF.  I continued be able to express drops for almost a year after DD weaned.  I wondered how you could possibly produce enough between work and school and sleeping through the night, I'm sorry you felt like you dried up but glad you reached your goal.

 

Joanie, you said Sora has been STTN for a while, right? I think that's a common time for AF to return.  LOL, It's not too late to wake her up... Kidding.

 

We saw an optometrist yesterday.  Shay's cornea is nearly healed and his sclera is healing.  We also saw the OB, who gave Sara a Rx for an antidepresent  (which is  what we wanted).  I'm hopeful that she will feel like herself again soon. 

post #192 of 352

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Sara. I bet Sora's STTN did affect my AF. That sure is tempting to start cosleeping and nursing through the night again... LOL. I've actually started doing that with Sora probably 3 nights of the week now, then she's in her crib the other nights so I can get more sleep. It's going well! I'm better able to cosleep lately for some reason. smile.gif I'm glad to hear Shay is healing up nicely, and I hope your partner starts feeling better soon!

 

I just did a dance workout dvd I've done a million times over the years but hadn't done since I was pregnant and had the baby. I had serious coordination issues like I've never had before. So weird! This baby better not have broken me... irked.gif *grumble*

post #193 of 352
Nicole, way to o for breast feeding that long!! And my cycles post baby are NEVER normal. In fact I conceived Enoch around cycle day 60!!
post #194 of 352
Also Enoch has been sstn since month two and no signs of af at all.
post #195 of 352

My cycle didn't regulate until 11 months after AF came back. And then I got pregnant the following month. 

 

I had a nice day - DH surprised me with a 1-hr massage appointment, he took the afternoon off work, met me there and then whisked the kids away, telling me to take my time coming home. Love that man. Even though we are flat broke, he still figured out a way for me to have a nice birthday (massages are covered through his extended health at work, it's always been a time thing for me.) And then he and DD made me a cake with a portrait of me on it. love.gif

post #196 of 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayPea View Post

My cycle didn't regulate until 11 months after AF came back. And then I got pregnant the following month. 

 

I had a nice day - DH surprised me with a 1-hr massage appointment, he took the afternoon off work, met me there and then whisked the kids away, telling me to take my time coming home. Love that man. Even though we are flat broke, he still figured out a way for me to have a nice birthday (massages are covered through his extended health at work, it's always been a time thing for me.) And then he and DD made me a cake with a portrait of me on it. love.gif

OMG kaypea, can we clone him?!!?!  Happy Birthday!

post #197 of 352

I wasn't hiding it from you guys for fear you wouldn't be sensitive and supportive of it, because I knew you would be. I was so ashamed of myself. I felt like the biggest freaking failure ever. Like, my boobs are made for ONE thing and I couldn't even do that. 3 people knew, my husband, and my mother-in-law and sister (Because they are babysitters). It took me a LONG time to tell anyone else. I even took my pump to work for a few more weeks because I didn't want people asking questions. It was bad. My DH was so, so, so supportive though. He helped tremendously.

 

Pre-Conner, I had pretty regular cycles... Between 25-30 days. I'm on the mini pill, which my doctor told me didn't have a placebo so to not expect a period, so when I got one, I was like, "Well maybe I heard him wrong?".

 

KayPea, that's AWESOME that your insurance covers that. Jealousss. And super sweet of DH. =)

post #198 of 352

I'm also extremely proud that you made it to 6 months!  You were working under some very hard conditions with (what seems like) very little real-life support.  I'm not sure I would have made it that long in your shoes!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsMom1031 View Post

I wasn't hiding it from you guys for fear you wouldn't be sensitive and supportive of it, because I knew you would be. I was so ashamed of myself. I felt like the biggest freaking failure ever. Like, my boobs are made for ONE thing and I couldn't even do that. 3 people knew, my husband, and my mother-in-law and sister (Because they are babysitters). It took me a LONG time to tell anyone else. I even took my pump to work for a few more weeks because I didn't want people asking questions. It was bad. My DH was so, so, so supportive though. He helped tremendously.

 

Pre-Conner, I had pretty regular cycles... Between 25-30 days. I'm on the mini pill, which my doctor told me didn't have a placebo so to not expect a period, so when I got one, I was like, "Well maybe I heard him wrong?".

 

KayPea, that's AWESOME that your insurance covers that. Jealousss. And super sweet of DH. =)

post #199 of 352

Um, I am in boob scratching teething HELL.  And I would like it to stop now.   Exactly how much coffee is appropriate while breastfeeding?

post #200 of 352

anywhere from 300-750 mg a day, depending on how if affects your baby.  Our babies are older now so they can handle it better than when they were younger, so just keep an eye on her for wakefulness (which I assume you're dealing with anyway!  lol.gif)  25 oz of coffee is usually the limit that is thrown around, but it depends on your kiddo.  Also, if you drink it while nursing or immediately after, the caffeine amount in your milk peaks one hour after you ingest it, so hopefully it will be less by the time you nurse again.

Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › June Chit Chat