Adaline'sMama, do you like Juniper? It has the 'p' sound from Calliope and June as a nickname, if you like that. No pressure, just totally lurking and thought of it
- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 5/30/13
Popular Group Discussions
Weaning antics 9 posts | Last post on April 17, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Names! - Page 9post #162 of 2659/30/12 at 2:55pmpost #163 of 2659/30/12 at 5:12pmpost #164 of 2659/30/12 at 5:28pm
I've never been crazy about Juniper for a boy, but it would make a really nice girl's name. And re: the lyrics to "Oh My Darling Clementine," did you find the version where it ends with "but I kissed her little sister and forgot my Clementine" LOL. Yeah, I LOVE the sound of the name Clementine - it has such a nice ring to it, but the song is so unfortunate.post #165 of 2659/30/12 at 6:04pm
LOVE Molly, Mila and Juniper. My favorite girl's name is June but even if we were having a girl we wouldn't use it cuz it's little too close to Jean (my name). I also have a soft spot for Jasper, because he was my cat (RIP), and I think it's a cute name for a human, too.
So now that we know we're having a boy we can narrow down our list a little. But honestly nothing is really sticking with me. It's hard to come up with a third boy's name!! We've sort of decided on a middle name of William, after my beloved great uncle who passed away a few years ago. I still like Lou so we'll see.post #166 of 2659/30/12 at 7:04pmpost #167 of 26510/1/12 at 10:48am
There are so many great names on here. Holly, Calliope and Adaline are fantastic so I'm sure you'll find something great for their sister.
I love, love, love June. And Junia and Juniper and Julia and Jude. But seeing as we have a Judah, I will never use any of those as first names. Oh well...there's so many lovely names out there, most of which I'll have to come to terms with hearing on other people rather than my own kids. :)
Also, both my mother and MIL are named Sheryl, so a part of me really wants to use that as a middle name. But I just don't love the name, though the people are great. I almost feel guilty for NOT using it on my first daughter though, since how often do you get a chance to honor both moms at once??post #168 of 26510/1/12 at 5:19pmpost #169 of 26510/3/12 at 1:13pmpost #170 of 26510/3/12 at 1:26pm
Adaline just "felt right" and it still does.
Personally, my middle name is Marie, and I dont like it because about half of my friends have that same middle name. I dont know how popular it still is as a middle name, but at one point it seemed like every child had the middle name Marie or Ann. I love Luna though! Adaline's original middle name was Mae, which I still may use, but what do you think of Luna Mae?
Also, I love, love, love Lucy and Alice.post #171 of 26510/3/12 at 2:42pmpost #172 of 26510/3/12 at 2:48pmpost #173 of 26510/3/12 at 5:27pmpost #174 of 26510/3/12 at 6:27pmpost #175 of 26510/4/12 at 11:56ampost #176 of 26510/4/12 at 5:20pm
iamkateiam, Amelia or Hazel go best with Ferris imho. Isn't it annoying that we have to take last names into consideration!? My kids have my husband's last name (my choice) and it's pretty anglo sounding and also "strong" and some names just don't go well with it. If the kids took my name (which is a very confusing Polish name) it would be even harder.post #177 of 26510/4/12 at 6:39pmpost #178 of 26510/5/12 at 5:08am
hehe so funny! my niece is named Kathryn, so there are two Kathryn/Catherine E-----'s in our family. ;) I go by Catie though, so it isn't too confusing.
and yes, our last name is hard too.. not terribly hard, but definitely can't just go with any name. My maiden name was Green, ANYTHING goes with that! lolpost #179 of 26510/5/12 at 7:59am
our last names thankfully sound nice together (both germanic names) and we are going 'untraditional' with his being first and mine being second. my SO actually suggested that because it's alphabetical not realizing hyphenated names traditionally have the man's name last...but honestly it sounds better and it's what i wanted because i like my last name the best, so i'm glad i didn't have to even fight for it! haha! he did have some second thoughts when he mentioned it to some of his more traditional coworkers not realizing it wasn't the norm and some of them had really disproportionate HORRIFIED reactions, but i was like....give me a break who cares what they think, it's OUR kid.
anyway, the one issue is that both our last names start with the letter "K" so basically ALL K names for first or middle were OUT lest we want an unfortunate combination of initials.post #180 of 26510/5/12 at 8:36am
We appear to be having a girl - girl names are so hard!! I like feminine sounding, not too out-there, but not too common, names. I like names like Olivia, Sophia, etc but they are getting to be too common for me these days. Here are a few 'maybes'... but I am open to suggestions if anyone has any that flow with what we seem to like...? Back to the name book this weekend!
Clara (the front runner right now I think)
I seem to be drawn to names that end in 'a' but am not set on that as a requirement.
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › Surprise? 6 minutes ago
- › helpful "tools" during labor 11 minutes ago
- › Christian: What does a spiritual leader do in a marriage? 21 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 26 minutes ago
- › Nursing mamas check in :) 33 minutes ago
- › Lets talk COFFEE... 34 minutes ago
- › April Unschooling Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Nervous FTM wanting a UC! 36 minutes ago
- › Breastfed 10 month old son still not eating solids 44 minutes ago
- › What will you wear during labor? 45 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness