I LOVE Calliope :)!
- topicBaby Names
Popular Group Discussions
June chat thread 51 posts | Last post on Today at 12:04 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on Today at 4:22 am in I'm Pregnant
- What do you worry about most when choosing a name? Last post on 6/12/13 at 12:54am in I'm Pregnant
- Baby names....anyone brainstorming? Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:23am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:23pm in August Due Date Club 2013
- Calling all babyname nerds! Help me name this twin! Last post on 5/4/13 at 9:09pm in I'm Pregnant
Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
Edited on 11/12/12
- Baby Naming 101Edited on 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Edited on 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Edited on 3/30/13
- Podcast Episode 8: Baby Names: What goes into the making of a...Edited on 10/18/12
Names! - Page 2post #21 of 2656/4/12 at 2:20pmThread StarterSponsored Linkspost #22 of 2656/4/12 at 5:22pmpost #23 of 2656/4/12 at 8:30pm
I LOVE chatting baby names...with my last pregnancy I decided to focus on girl names as long as I could before the news came crashing down that we were having another boy. I don't mean to sound negative, becuase I love, love. love my sweet baby boy but I was SO disappointed at the ultrasound when I found out I was having my 5th boy (3rd son from my current husband. We've talked baby girl names very little since our 2nd pregnancy....so not sure where we are at with that....I like Gina Janelle ....Gina is after hubby's sister (regina) as well as all the other Jeans in the family...I have a grandma Norma Jean, My mom Loretta Jean (she goes by Jeannie), His mom Mary Jeanette (she goes by Jeanette). I also think Gina goes well with my other daughter Libby (shes 11, from my previous marriage. Janell- is my sister's middle name that I've always liked a lot, but I like the spelling with an E at the end. What I would like the most is twin girls and use Gina and Janelle as first names, and probably end up calling Janelle Nell, or nellie...Gina and Nellie just seems so cute!
Boys....I HAVE NO IDEA...it took until 35 weeks to figure out a name for our #5th son, I really thought we weren't gonna be able to find something we both loved. I'd like another W name, since we have boys that are Perry and Parker and Corban & Clayt ..and don't want to have a lonely Wyatt....but I really am struggling to find something I even like....so getting it sold to hubby will be a chore! I like Wylie, but that's been nixed along with every other boy name that ends in the Y or ie sound.post #24 of 2656/5/12 at 6:03ampost #25 of 2656/5/12 at 8:17am
Thanks, also gotta nix the "son" endings because our last name is Johnson...
From your list....I've thought about West...I like westly or wesley...but there's that veto-ending.
We have a Parker and Walker seems kinda close to that....but then I'm hoping to become more of a walker this pregnancy, maybe if this is a He....it will be my inspiration! :D
Don't think I can get past Where's Waldo and the Webster's dictionary.....
There's somethign about Wendell that I jsut don't like but I've though Wynn, might be worth considering. (hehe, I've been looking at W names for a sibling since we picked out Wyatt 18 months ago....
Then meanings are very important to us....which just adds another wrench into the mix!post #26 of 2656/5/12 at 10:39ampost #27 of 2656/5/12 at 10:46ampost #28 of 2656/5/12 at 11:21am
Will is the other one on my "considering in my head list" My sister's husband's name is Will, and he's a good guy. It also has a good meaning....but its just so common! But I think it fits well with our other boys names. Hubby likes names that are "strong" it surely fits that bill!
post #29 of 2656/5/12 at 11:46ampost #30 of 2656/5/12 at 1:20pmpost #31 of 2656/5/12 at 3:35pmpost #32 of 2656/5/12 at 3:39pmpost #33 of 2656/5/12 at 3:50pmpost #34 of 2656/5/12 at 5:26pm
I vote NO on D'Brickashaw as well.
Funny that I didn't think of William! Haha. I think that's a common name for our generation... but maybe not for our kids'? I bet you there aren't too many babies being named John these days! Haha.post #35 of 2656/6/12 at 7:34am
I like Waylon on paper, but when I say it I hear "wail-in" doubt either DH or I can get past that! I think Will...or possibly Whitt ( <3 Whittley...but might be my top contenders...But I spend days mullign over names and finally come up with some contenders that just don't even get a second glance and are instantly vetoed by DH.
I want to add my heck NO vote for the D'Brickashaw tally :) MEN!post #36 of 2656/6/12 at 9:50amThread StarterQuote:
Last night in bed my husband suggested we use Calliope as a MN, is it weird I automatically thought of my DDC on here :ppost #37 of 2656/6/12 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #38 of 2656/6/12 at 10:13am
my SO suggested RANDALL for a boy's name. no offense to the randalls out there, but no thank you.
we (well, i...its not really up for debate) already have a boys name pretty much decided upon; guy. the first name was non-negotiable. it's my dad's name. not his birth name, but the name he's gone by for most of his life. (he hates his real name and when he joined the military he refused to tell anybody what his name was so people would always ask, 'what's that guy's name?' 'who's that guy?' and he just became 'guy') right now alexander is being favored for a middle name.
i really like the name eliza for a girl, but SO vetoed it because he says it's too close to my name. (my name is elizabeth but i go by lizz) but i think it goes perfectly with the middle name that is pretty much set in stone (clementine).post #39 of 2656/6/12 at 10:39am
- Baby Naming 101
- › mneumonics for spelling 1 minute ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 2 minutes ago
- › Moms groups in Portland metro area? 4 minutes ago
- › How does a single parent explain a willfully absent parent to her... 6 minutes ago
- › 4th of July weekend fun! 8 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 9 minutes ago
- › How to deal with family wanting to be there during the birth?? 9 minutes ago
- › careful of grandparent's rights bills usurping parental rights 10 minutes ago
- › interesting video about what WE do can affect babies in the womb on... 11 minutes ago
- › starting solids 12 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama