I LOVE Calliope :)!
- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 5/30/13
Popular Group Discussions
Postpartum Birth Control 68 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 12:19 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Names! - Page 2post #21 of 2656/4/12 at 2:20pmThread Starterpost #22 of 2656/4/12 at 5:22pmpost #23 of 2656/4/12 at 8:30pm
I LOVE chatting baby names...with my last pregnancy I decided to focus on girl names as long as I could before the news came crashing down that we were having another boy. I don't mean to sound negative, becuase I love, love. love my sweet baby boy but I was SO disappointed at the ultrasound when I found out I was having my 5th boy (3rd son from my current husband. We've talked baby girl names very little since our 2nd pregnancy....so not sure where we are at with that....I like Gina Janelle ....Gina is after hubby's sister (regina) as well as all the other Jeans in the family...I have a grandma Norma Jean, My mom Loretta Jean (she goes by Jeannie), His mom Mary Jeanette (she goes by Jeanette). I also think Gina goes well with my other daughter Libby (shes 11, from my previous marriage. Janell- is my sister's middle name that I've always liked a lot, but I like the spelling with an E at the end. What I would like the most is twin girls and use Gina and Janelle as first names, and probably end up calling Janelle Nell, or nellie...Gina and Nellie just seems so cute!
Boys....I HAVE NO IDEA...it took until 35 weeks to figure out a name for our #5th son, I really thought we weren't gonna be able to find something we both loved. I'd like another W name, since we have boys that are Perry and Parker and Corban & Clayt ..and don't want to have a lonely Wyatt....but I really am struggling to find something I even like....so getting it sold to hubby will be a chore! I like Wylie, but that's been nixed along with every other boy name that ends in the Y or ie sound.post #24 of 2656/5/12 at 6:03ampost #25 of 2656/5/12 at 8:17am
Thanks, also gotta nix the "son" endings because our last name is Johnson...
From your list....I've thought about West...I like westly or wesley...but there's that veto-ending.
We have a Parker and Walker seems kinda close to that....but then I'm hoping to become more of a walker this pregnancy, maybe if this is a He....it will be my inspiration! :D
Don't think I can get past Where's Waldo and the Webster's dictionary.....
There's somethign about Wendell that I jsut don't like but I've though Wynn, might be worth considering. (hehe, I've been looking at W names for a sibling since we picked out Wyatt 18 months ago....
Then meanings are very important to us....which just adds another wrench into the mix!post #26 of 2656/5/12 at 10:39ampost #27 of 2656/5/12 at 10:46ampost #28 of 2656/5/12 at 11:21ampost #29 of 2656/5/12 at 11:46ampost #30 of 2656/5/12 at 1:20pmpost #31 of 2656/5/12 at 3:35pmpost #32 of 2656/5/12 at 3:39pmpost #33 of 2656/5/12 at 3:50pmpost #34 of 2656/5/12 at 5:26pmpost #35 of 2656/6/12 at 7:34am
I like Waylon on paper, but when I say it I hear "wail-in" doubt either DH or I can get past that! I think Will...or possibly Whitt ( <3 Whittley...but might be my top contenders...But I spend days mullign over names and finally come up with some contenders that just don't even get a second glance and are instantly vetoed by DH.
I want to add my heck NO vote for the D'Brickashaw tally :) MEN!post #36 of 2656/6/12 at 9:50amThread StarterQuote:
Last night in bed my husband suggested we use Calliope as a MN, is it weird I automatically thought of my DDC on here :ppost #37 of 2656/6/12 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #38 of 2656/6/12 at 10:13am
my SO suggested RANDALL for a boy's name. no offense to the randalls out there, but no thank you.
we (well, i...its not really up for debate) already have a boys name pretty much decided upon; guy. the first name was non-negotiable. it's my dad's name. not his birth name, but the name he's gone by for most of his life. (he hates his real name and when he joined the military he refused to tell anybody what his name was so people would always ask, 'what's that guy's name?' 'who's that guy?' and he just became 'guy') right now alexander is being favored for a middle name.
i really like the name eliza for a girl, but SO vetoed it because he says it's too close to my name. (my name is elizabeth but i go by lizz) but i think it goes perfectly with the middle name that is pretty much set in stone (clementine).post #39 of 2656/6/12 at 10:39am
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › I have never.... 1 minute ago
- › Babywearing experiences 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 8 minutes ago
- › VENT: Dogs in stores 11 minutes ago
- › March Unschooling Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The 1 Year PHOTO thread 27 minutes ago
- › Christian moms March '14 46 minutes ago
- › Manhattan/Fort Riley Mamas? 49 minutes ago
- › What would make this group more interesting? 53 minutes ago
- › How do you handle standardized testing? 55 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark
- › Getting Bigger by Melanie Mayo