I LOVE Calliope :)!
- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 5/30/13
Popular Group Discussions
Sippy Cup help 13 posts | Last post on December 7, 2013 at 11:43 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 9/28/13 at 5:28am in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Names! - Page 2post #21 of 2656/4/12 at 2:20pmThread Starterpost #22 of 2656/4/12 at 5:22pmpost #23 of 2656/4/12 at 8:30pm
I LOVE chatting baby names...with my last pregnancy I decided to focus on girl names as long as I could before the news came crashing down that we were having another boy. I don't mean to sound negative, becuase I love, love. love my sweet baby boy but I was SO disappointed at the ultrasound when I found out I was having my 5th boy (3rd son from my current husband. We've talked baby girl names very little since our 2nd pregnancy....so not sure where we are at with that....I like Gina Janelle ....Gina is after hubby's sister (regina) as well as all the other Jeans in the family...I have a grandma Norma Jean, My mom Loretta Jean (she goes by Jeannie), His mom Mary Jeanette (she goes by Jeanette). I also think Gina goes well with my other daughter Libby (shes 11, from my previous marriage. Janell- is my sister's middle name that I've always liked a lot, but I like the spelling with an E at the end. What I would like the most is twin girls and use Gina and Janelle as first names, and probably end up calling Janelle Nell, or nellie...Gina and Nellie just seems so cute!
Boys....I HAVE NO IDEA...it took until 35 weeks to figure out a name for our #5th son, I really thought we weren't gonna be able to find something we both loved. I'd like another W name, since we have boys that are Perry and Parker and Corban & Clayt ..and don't want to have a lonely Wyatt....but I really am struggling to find something I even like....so getting it sold to hubby will be a chore! I like Wylie, but that's been nixed along with every other boy name that ends in the Y or ie sound.post #24 of 2656/5/12 at 6:03ampost #25 of 2656/5/12 at 8:17am
Thanks, also gotta nix the "son" endings because our last name is Johnson...
From your list....I've thought about West...I like westly or wesley...but there's that veto-ending.
We have a Parker and Walker seems kinda close to that....but then I'm hoping to become more of a walker this pregnancy, maybe if this is a He....it will be my inspiration! :D
Don't think I can get past Where's Waldo and the Webster's dictionary.....
There's somethign about Wendell that I jsut don't like but I've though Wynn, might be worth considering. (hehe, I've been looking at W names for a sibling since we picked out Wyatt 18 months ago....
Then meanings are very important to us....which just adds another wrench into the mix!post #26 of 2656/5/12 at 10:39ampost #27 of 2656/5/12 at 10:46ampost #28 of 2656/5/12 at 11:21ampost #29 of 2656/5/12 at 11:46ampost #30 of 2656/5/12 at 1:20pmpost #31 of 2656/5/12 at 3:35pmpost #32 of 2656/5/12 at 3:39pmpost #33 of 2656/5/12 at 3:50pmpost #34 of 2656/5/12 at 5:26pmpost #35 of 2656/6/12 at 7:34am
I like Waylon on paper, but when I say it I hear "wail-in" doubt either DH or I can get past that! I think Will...or possibly Whitt ( <3 Whittley...but might be my top contenders...But I spend days mullign over names and finally come up with some contenders that just don't even get a second glance and are instantly vetoed by DH.
I want to add my heck NO vote for the D'Brickashaw tally :) MEN!post #36 of 2656/6/12 at 9:50amThread StarterQuote:
Last night in bed my husband suggested we use Calliope as a MN, is it weird I automatically thought of my DDC on here :ppost #37 of 2656/6/12 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #38 of 2656/6/12 at 10:13am
my SO suggested RANDALL for a boy's name. no offense to the randalls out there, but no thank you.
we (well, i...its not really up for debate) already have a boys name pretty much decided upon; guy. the first name was non-negotiable. it's my dad's name. not his birth name, but the name he's gone by for most of his life. (he hates his real name and when he joined the military he refused to tell anybody what his name was so people would always ask, 'what's that guy's name?' 'who's that guy?' and he just became 'guy') right now alexander is being favored for a middle name.
i really like the name eliza for a girl, but SO vetoed it because he says it's too close to my name. (my name is elizabeth but i go by lizz) but i think it goes perfectly with the middle name that is pretty much set in stone (clementine).post #39 of 2656/6/12 at 10:39am
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › what do you wish you had put in divorce settlement/parenting... 56 seconds ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 1 minute ago
- › Mother believes her 19 yr old son died from complications of flu shot 3 minutes ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 4 minutes ago
- › Is this possibly a triphasic chart? 6 minutes ago
- › Did you give up anything to homeschool your kids? 9 minutes ago
- › Low supply - What helped you? 10 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 11 minutes ago
- › Weight gain 11 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 13 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo