or Connect
Mothering › Groups › January 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › You know you're pregnant when...

You know you're pregnant when...

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 

Let's start this thread going! You know you're pregnant when...and add something totally prego like that you did. I have a great one to start it off!

 

You know you're pregnant when you arrive to your prenatal Dr apt, 1 week BEFORE the actual appointment. Yea whoops! that was me this morning. I really hope I learn how to read before this kid shows up.

 

whistling.gif

post #2 of 33

You know you're pregnant when your organic, vegetarian-leaning self eats donuts, pizza, drive-thru french fries and ice cream all within the same day.  yummy.gif

post #3 of 33

I keep eyeing the tamales in a can. I mean, really. So far I've had sense enough to resist that treat winky.gif

post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 

these are brilliant! thumb.gif

post #5 of 33

You know you're in the 1st trimester when your toothbrush is your worst enemy.  It's like a never-ending cycle!  brush/gag/brush/gag ahhhhhh!

post #6 of 33

You know you're in the first trimester when you walk into work at 7AM Monday morning and discover half a cake left over from the weekend party...and then proceed to have three slices before 7:35 AM.  (I really don't even like cake!)
 

post #7 of 33

you know your pregnant when just reading about the last woman eating cake at 7am has me headed for the washroom trying not to throw up.

There is a burger king swiss mushroom burger that I gag at when I even think about it. Like right now.

Usually its my bionic nose that is my first clue I am pregnant. Everything except lemons makes me hurl.Threw up until the day I delivered last time.

Breastfeeding changed all of that and I became the hungriest human alive.
 

post #8 of 33

you know your pregnant when the sight of your husband sweetly sleeping makes you completely jealous because you are tired constantly...and would love a mid afternoon nap! ( even though he is the one working nights and you are supposed to be keeping the kids quiet) ;)

post #9 of 33

You know you're pregnant when the sight/sound/smell of your husband eating something makes you insanely aggro for no apparent reason.  Actually, when anything they do makes you aggro for no apparent reason!  Also, when you retch in the sink while you're cooking breakfast every morning, when you cry at every. single. thing that reminds you of babies and/or the 'miracle of life',  when you find yourself inventing and enjoying strange new flavor combinations.  Cherries dipped in almond butter, for instance.  When you pee yourself a little because your body can't decide whether it needs to evacuate the urine or the bile first thing in the morning so you end up with a little of both, when the headache goes on for days, when you just cannot control the farting so you find little corners at work to let it out and pray nobody heard that.  

post #10 of 33

The other night my partner and I were watching Mad Men and I spontaneously started to cry. Him: "Uh oh, you're emotional, you must be pregnant or something." Wink wink, made me laugh!
 

post #11 of 33

You know you're pregnant when you spend 20 minutes staring at your closet.  Not to figure out what you look good in but to figure out what will hide your stomach for just a little bit longer.

post #12 of 33

You know you're pregnant when you spend a week obsessing over a food, to the point you're having dreams over it, but when you finally, FINALLY get it...the first bite makes you so nauseous you can't even look at it again, and the craving is gone, just like that.

post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post

You know you're pregnant when the sight/sound/smell of your husband eating something makes you insanely aggro for no apparent reason.  Actually, when anything they do makes you aggro for no apparent reason!  Also, when you retch in the sink while you're cooking breakfast every morning, when you cry at every. single. thing that reminds you of babies and/or the 'miracle of life',  when you find yourself inventing and enjoying strange new flavor combinations.  Cherries dipped in almond butter, for instance.  When you pee yourself a little because your body can't decide whether it needs to evacuate the urine or the bile first thing in the morning so you end up with a little of both, when the headache goes on for days, when you just cannot control the farting so you find little corners at work to let it out and pray nobody heard that.  

thumb.gif Agreee!

post #14 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweetgrrls View Post

You know you're pregnant when you spend a week obsessing over a food, to the point you're having dreams over it, but when you finally, FINALLY get it...the first bite makes you so nauseous you can't even look at it again, and the craving is gone, just like that.

You know you're pregnant when you have a dream that you order a pizza, devour the whole thing, then call the pizza place and LIE to them, saying they messed up your order, so you can scam them out of another pizza.  This really happened.  

post #15 of 33

You know you're pregnant when you sit on the couch watching cooking shows for hours, crave every single thing you see, but cannot eat because you're so nauseous.  

post #16 of 33

You know you're pregnant in the first trimester when you go to sleep at 9 PM and wake up at 6:30 AM and are dead tired still the rest of the day.

post #17 of 33
Thread Starter 

You get SO angry over something that's quite trivial. When it's something that is relatively minor and can be dealt with in the next couple of days, but man it makes you into a raging lunatic and your 3 yo asks you, "are you happy yet!?" yeah whoops.om.gif

post #18 of 33

You know you're pregnant when you're walking down the street and can smell the inside of each car with windows down that passes by you.  

post #19 of 33

You know you're pregnant when you go to the MW office for 45m and pee 4 times before you leave innocent.gif

post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajenism View Post

You know you're pregnant when you're walking down the street and can smell the inside of each car with windows down that passes by you.  


That's Funny!  ;)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › January 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › You know you're pregnant when...