Now DD2 comes along and nighttime isn't going so well. She's 5 months old, but the same system isn't working consistently. Many mornings she wakes up soaking wet.
It seems like pee may be leaking out of the top of the diaper and getting her pajamas wet (I need to pay more attention to exactly where she's wet -- this morning it was her belly. She was sleeping on her front), even though the wool cover extends a few inches above the top of the diaper. The wool is still dry on the outside when she wakes up, so I don't think the moisture is coming through the wool.
My brainstormed ideas so far:
- I want to try to be more careful to be sure the lining of the BumGenius is tucked well inside the diaper, so it's not wicking moisture outside the diaper somehow.
- Use or add doublers instead of just inserts? I have little microfiber things that say "doubler" that came with some of the BumGenius diapers -- are they just intended for newborns? Or still useful? Otherwise we don't own any doublers.
- Use 4 inserts instead of 3? That diaper is getting really huge already, though.
- Super-heavy dose of lanolin on the cover?
- Buy a different kind of diaper and/or cover? Or just newer ones?
What do you think I should do next?