My energy levels have been really lacking lately and I'm feeling like nursing my two month old is running me down, I'm endeavoring to eat nutrient dense foods, have cut out sugar and our diet is fairly good (we eat GF, mostly home cooked stuff from scratch). We are really getting into the traditional foods, although I have a strong physical aversion to fats. I do take fish oil but am considering trying the Green Pasture's cod liver oil and butter oil. So super expensive though, is it worth it? any recommendations?
- topicTraditional Foods
Related Forum Threads
- Can we talk about GAPS Intro Stage 1 veggie quantities? Last post on 6/17/13 at 7:09pm in Traditional Foods
- Primal blueprint meal plan Last post on 6/17/13 at 12:30pm in Traditional Foods
- Help me feed my newly vegetarian 6 year old Last post on Today at 9:22 pm in Traditional Foods
- Price for grass fed beef - hanging weight vs finished weight? Last post on 6/16/13 at 3:58pm in Traditional Foods
- Is this mold on my Kombucha? Last post on 6/15/13 at 6:20am in Traditional Foods
Nursing and FCLO
I take FCLO and am nursing, I really like it. Its supposed to improve quality of breatmilk. I buy it from livesuperfoods.com. i just eat lots of butter, ghee and raw milk, i dont take BO
We started taking GP FCLO/butter blend just after DD was born (so about 8 months ago). DH used to get sick ALL the time, he would basically go from one cold to another. I'd get a cold every three months. Since we began taking it we have not been sick ONCE!! It is pretty amazing. Especially since that was during the winter when everyone was constantly ill.
I have been giving the plain CLO to DD since she was about 6 months, she has never been sick since she was born (although I attribute that more to BFing/not vaxxing.)
Yes it is expensive (we are in Canada so shipping is ridiculous) but well worth it in my opinion, DH doesn't miss days of work, I don't spend a week being ill etc. I used to take fish oil but it is highly processed so I just take the CLO which has Omegas, etc. in it instead.
Awesome! FCLO has definitely cut back on our sicknesses too! We used to get pretty bad colds, but now they are over as soon as they start. We might have a day when we have a little sore throat or runny nose, but its over quick and doesnt happen often. A few weeks ago, it was very strange, DS (6.5 months at the time, who I had not started to give FCLO to yet but needed to I was waiting for it to ship to me when he got sick!), got a fever for like 4 days with no other symptoms except being crabby of course from the fever. I didnt get sick at all, and DD got a fever for about 20hrs then went away, no other symptoms for her either. very strange. But, other than that he hasnt been sick at all, he too is a BF, non-vaxed baby who is so very healthy, strong, big, smart, etc :) Yay Traditional foods! lol
So my experiences have been good, it definitely helped with my energy level. Major issue I had is that I could not take the stuff! I got the unflavored fclo and was able to take it twice, tried keeping it in the fridge and doing a shooter, nearly puked both times. Gave up for a short while before I got some empty gel caps, problem solved! I just fill the capsules and take five or six a day.
dangerbunnygirl- glad to hear everything is going well with the CLO!
LusMum, I was ordering from http://www.familyherbalclinic.com/ but they said they are no longer carrying the BO/CLO blend. I've also ordered direct from green Pastures, the shipping can be pricey and last time I ordered I was charged taxes and duties, and then taxes and duties again at the border, and the Cdn gov won't refund unless I get some sort of number from GP... hoping that doesn't happen again with my next order. It gets expensive.
Anyone know the amount that should be taken by a nursing mom? I take the Cinnamon Tingle flavor (cold, on a butter knife, straight down the hatch style), and also have a nursing 19mo. We both have dental issues, and I'm not sure I'm taking enough.
I can't comment on how FCLO affects nursing, but I wanted to mention that I find it MUCH easier to take the FCLO/BO blend than the FCLO on its own. I keep the FCLO/BO in the fridge so that it stay solid, then I scoop out what I need, stick it in the back of my throat and wash it down with something to drink. The FCLO alone is always liquid, so it coats the inside of my mouth and is just disgusting. Also, I tried using the included syringe and that resulted in oil up my nose and burning (I use the cinnamon). Worst experience. I will never buy the FCLO by itself again.
Also, for the year and half that I took the FCLO/BO regularly, I never got sick and I'm usually a twice a year cold kind of person.
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 13 minutes ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 16 minutes ago
- › need to vent 26 minutes ago
- › I must have a healthy brownie or chocolate goodie recipe 28 minutes ago
- › Stressful time in life, don't want to take it out on my son... 43 minutes ago
- › Wanting but Waiting 2013 46 minutes ago
- › step child adjustment 47 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 52 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 57 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 57 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama