i thought my mucous plug/bloody show was my water leaking/breaking. it was really watery/gushy! i was in early labor (~3cm) when it first happened & my contractions really picked up after.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBirthtagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pediatrician is telling me a birth center birth is irresponsible and reckless! Last post on 12/7/13 at 1:03pm in I'm Pregnant
- Birth Plans Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:59pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Help! Advice for Turning a Breech Baby?Last edited: 8/7/13
- Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book, The Heart in the WombLast edited: 5/25/13
- Untrue Assumptions About HomebirthLast edited: 4/17/13
Welcome to our babies! - Page 11post #201 of 2318/28/12 at 1:33pmpost #202 of 2318/29/12 at 12:41amMy baby was born yesterday morning at 8:01am on my living room floor after a precipitous labor, basically unassisted, but attended by 3 shellshocked emts.
I woke up at 4:30am thinking that I was in early labor. We talked to our midwife and planned to be at the birth center at 8am. Sometime around 6:45/7am my contractions suddenly went from 55 seconds long with 5 minutes in between to what I think was around every 1 and a half minutes for around a minute long. Zero break, and I seriously couldnt walk 3 steps before having another contraction. I finally made it downstairs at around 7:40am - which was 30 minutes late because I couldn't move. As soon as I got downstairs I sat backwards hanging over on our leather chair waiting for DH to load the car. I realized that my body was pushing involuntarily and started to completely freak out because the birth center is 50 minutes away. I told DH to call the midwife and when she heard me screaming and grunting she told him to hang up and call 911 because there was no way that I was going to make it out of the house, let alone nearly an hour away. He did and when the emts arrived they tried to get me to the ambulance but I was screaming that the baby was halfway out - so they helped me to lay down on my living room floor and I pushed the rest of her out.
Pretty traumatic for both of us. My water broke maybe 5 minutes before she was born and it was think with meconium. I was only in active labor for around an hour and only pushed for maybe 15min minutes. It was particularly insane because my first labor lasted 36 hours, so no one saw this coming.
Coming to the hospital has pretty much been a nightmare. DD has had respiratory problems since birth and we are now @ the NICU. They did a chest X-ray and she gas something in her lungs and she has an elevated white blood cell count so she is being treated with antibiotics. They don't want me nursing her, she is desperate to suck so I gave in on the pacifier, and this whole thing is awful. She will be here either 2 days or 2 weeks, depending on how she does. I was not prepared for any of this.post #203 of 2318/29/12 at 9:29ampost #204 of 2318/29/12 at 10:37ampost #205 of 2318/29/12 at 11:18ampost #206 of 2318/29/12 at 3:34pm
1st Time Mama, I'm so sorry your little one is in the NICU. We spent a week running back and forth between the hospital and home when Piper was on IV antibiotics and it was the worst feeling in the world. Leaving my baby in the hospital felt like my heart was being ripped out.
Why won't they let you nurse her? Unless there's a good medical reason, you should insist on establishing breastfeeding. Either way though, I'm thinking of you all. It's such a hard situation. I hope you have all the support you need and that you get your sweet little one home soon.post #207 of 2318/29/12 at 6:02pmThread Starterpost #208 of 2318/30/12 at 8:28ampost #209 of 2318/30/12 at 9:00amOh 1sttimemama! Hugs, and prayers too. I was just there. Ou have my sympathies.
Well, our baby girl P was born Sunday afternoon after a strange & fierce labor.
She is quite the little squishy at 8 lbs 15 oz. the Homebirth was awesome. She is such a good eater and sleeper, & we are finally home from the Nicu. Some of you might have noticed on the Facebook due date club that I mentioned we had to take her in for fluid on her lungs and some respiratory issues. Sigh, it was so hard, but am happy we are home and can start getting acquainted.post #210 of 2318/30/12 at 10:07ampost #211 of 2318/31/12 at 5:52ampost #212 of 2319/1/12 at 5:15pmpost #213 of 2319/2/12 at 7:19pmpost #214 of 2319/4/12 at 11:34amQuote:
Omg! That's amazing! Congratulations!! Welcome Gilliam!post #215 of 2319/4/12 at 12:39pmpost #216 of 2319/4/12 at 4:05pmOur baby girl arrived Sunday night! 8lbs 4 oz, 20in. The labor and delivery, in the hospital but all natural, went amazingly, and she's nursing like a champ. We just got home, and so far her sister seems to be handling everything pretty well. I just hope I can handle the tandem nursing since DD1 definitely wants "her turn."post #217 of 2319/4/12 at 4:12pmpost #218 of 2319/4/12 at 8:43pm
Poppy, I think my daughter had the same issue :( Glad to know that they are both home.
Midstream - I'd like to know more about your birth, I had an unexpected precipitous labor that led to an unplanned and (mostly) unassisted homebirth. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and would like to read others' stories of similar labors.post #219 of 2319/5/12 at 2:08pmThread Starter
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 minute ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 5 minutes ago
- › How would you handle this? 9 minutes ago
- › How cold is too cold? 9 minutes ago
- › Is 11 weeks way too early to feel fluttering movement? 10 minutes ago
- › epidural or no 11 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 12 minutes ago
- › New MTV show "Generation Cryo" 13 minutes ago
- › Does the family bed put a damper on your sex life? 22 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 24 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo