I'm looking into replacing my regular Colgate toothpaste. What are alternative brands? Or do you make your own toothpaste?
- categoryNatural Body Care
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone try Jean's stretch mark cure? Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:07am in Natural Body Care
- How to avoid Emulsifying Wax...anyone have advice on using xanthum gum and sunflower lecithin in... Last post on 5/9/13 at 2:19pm in Natural Body Care
- Garlic Deodorant? :) Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:46pm in Natural Body Care
- Managing toddler curls Last post on Yesterday at 6:48 pm in Natural Body Care
- Homemade Shampoo Last post on 5/14/13 at 4:04pm in Natural Body Care
natural toothpaste or dental care routine
We have used the homeopathic toothpaste at the suggestion of a holistic dentist and liked it a lot. Right now, though, we are using Trader Joe's brand toothpaste. I also make toothpaste once in awhile. I like that a lot, but I haven't found a good way to store/use it.
Yep, I make my own too. Very similar to Bamamamaof3....
Here's my latest recipe:
Rose petal powder 2 parts
Baking soda 1 part
Cardamom powder 1 tablespoon (this will vary depending upon your total amount)
Coconut oil enough to make a paste
I made an 8 ounce jar, with a wide mouth lid, and just dip my wet toothbrush in it. I love it! It is great!
It's also very exciting all the different herbs that are good for the teeth and gums. My ideas for future toothpastes include thyme, sage, cinnamon, clove, mints...
I make my own with this recipe:http://wellnessmama.com/2500/homemade-remineralizing-toothpaste-recipe/ I just went to the dentist yesterday and got a great report! No cavities, very little plaque, and a perfectly healthy mouth. My three year old who also uses the toothpaste had her first dentist visit. NO Plaque on her teeth at all. We've been using this for about two months and it leaves your mouth feeling cleaner than any commercial toothpaste ever could. It's worth every penny for the initial investment in the ingredients.
I just saw my dentist and he told me to ditch Colgate and use plain old baking soda! Not used to hearing that kind of advice from someone in the typical modern medical-dental community!
- natural toothpaste or dental care routine
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 11 minutes ago
- › Orthokeratology for Children 16 minutes ago
- › I just got a call from my day care provider 16 minutes ago
- › "A Nation of Wimps" 18 minutes ago
- › Need car seat for tall 4 year old 20 minutes ago
- › Stressed about Nursing Strike 21 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 21 minutes ago
- › How do I take care of these? (Wool covers) 24 minutes ago
- › Fixing the world, one "mixed' baby at a time 25 minutes ago
- › SC - North Charleston/Moncks Corner Area Birth Options 26 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo