My understanding (which I admit is limited) is that pneumonia can be caused by a lot of things. It can even be viral. In my dd, pneumonia can be a sequel to almost any illness, including stuff I used to think of as mild and unimportant like ear infections. She once got pneumonia as a sequel to the common cold. Your dd's issues sound a little like my dd's issues. We got a lot more serious about flu vaccination and let go of our preference for the wait-and-see approach to treating stuff with antibiotics. The trifecta of badness for us is the combination of fever, cough, and stuffy nose. When we see those three things, I prep my lesson plans for a sub and we call the doctor. The good news is, as she's gotten older those things happen less often and aren't always serious anymore. I hope your dd outgrows it too.
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- 23andme Crack down by FDA, just what we need, more regulations! Last post on Today at 9:51 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- SIL wont let my kids see her newborn Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Requesting a tiny bit of support... or a smack on the head Last post on Yesterday at 1:25 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Chicken Pox Immunity Network on Facebook Nationwide if you are wanting to avoid the vaccination Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:50am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
random vaccine and VPD related questions, post your own and answer if you know! - Page 2post #21 of 236/11/12 at 11:34amQuote:post #22 of 236/12/12 at 8:31am
I still have not sorted out whether she should get the flu shot (even for a year or two to give her body a break), pneumonia shot, both or neither. I know I need to talk to her doctor, but I would like to do some research online as well.
I am intending to give her Vit. D this winter - she very well might be deficient (we live in a northern clime that does not get enough sunlight during the winter months). She is not a huge consumer of dairy, which is where it is often supplemented.
I also intend to kick her butt outdoors more next winter - maybe even encourage a sport (I am thinking curling, but she can decide). More exercise cannot hurt.post #23 of 238/19/12 at 2:21pm
I would like to reactive this thread.
1. I have read that a baby will have maternal passive immunity to tetanus/ diphtheria only when the mother had been vaccinated. However if the mother is not vaccinated than the baby will have no maternal passive immunity.
Could someone please explain this to me?
2. Some vaccines do not produce testable antibodies but would still provide immunity. How does that work?
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Sleeping Arrangements 1 minute ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 2 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stop nursing because of a protein allergy? 3 minutes ago
- › advice please - dh strict & controlling attitude 5 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 5 minutes ago
- › Welcome! Introduce yourself! 6 minutes ago
- › Why do I feel foolish after a random act of kindness? 7 minutes ago
- › 23andme Crack down by FDA, just what we need, more regulations! 16 minutes ago
- › Passions vs Interests... 16 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo