My understanding (which I admit is limited) is that pneumonia can be caused by a lot of things. It can even be viral. In my dd, pneumonia can be a sequel to almost any illness, including stuff I used to think of as mild and unimportant like ear infections. She once got pneumonia as a sequel to the common cold. Your dd's issues sound a little like my dd's issues. We got a lot more serious about flu vaccination and let go of our preference for the wait-and-see approach to treating stuff with antibiotics. The trifecta of badness for us is the combination of fever, cough, and stuffy nose. When we see those three things, I prep my lesson plans for a sub and we call the doctor. The good news is, as she's gotten older those things happen less often and aren't always serious anymore. I hope your dd outgrows it too.
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- A venerable who's who of vaccine skepticism….. Last post on Today at 7:13 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Texas exemption? Last post on Today at 6:46 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly titering humans yet????? Last post on Today at 3:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Thanks, Pharma. You created the “anti-vaccine movement” Last post on Today at 6:06 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- this is the worst news article so far. What do you think? Last post on Today at 7:07 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
random vaccine and VPD related questions, post your own and answer if you know! - Page 2post #21 of 236/11/12 at 11:34amQuote:post #22 of 236/12/12 at 8:31am
I still have not sorted out whether she should get the flu shot (even for a year or two to give her body a break), pneumonia shot, both or neither. I know I need to talk to her doctor, but I would like to do some research online as well.
I am intending to give her Vit. D this winter - she very well might be deficient (we live in a northern clime that does not get enough sunlight during the winter months). She is not a huge consumer of dairy, which is where it is often supplemented.
I also intend to kick her butt outdoors more next winter - maybe even encourage a sport (I am thinking curling, but she can decide). More exercise cannot hurt.post #23 of 238/19/12 at 2:21pm
I would like to reactive this thread.
1. I have read that a baby will have maternal passive immunity to tetanus/ diphtheria only when the mother had been vaccinated. However if the mother is not vaccinated than the baby will have no maternal passive immunity.
Could someone please explain this to me?
2. Some vaccines do not produce testable antibodies but would still provide immunity. How does that work?
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › A venerable who's who of vaccine skepticism….. 1 minute ago
- › Morning Sickness Thread 1 minute ago
- › Extended Family Childcare Help -- what to do about commitments for... 5 minutes ago
- › unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. 7 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 7 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Grumble: chicken pox 11 minutes ago
- › Water Kefir and honey 18 minutes ago
- › Texas exemption? 19 minutes ago
- › insurance reimbursement tooo much?! 23 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild