Another thing to consider is consulting with an speech therapist; they may have some ideas that would help her communication or at least help you feel like you're not on your own. An OT could help with possible sensory concerns.
Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:30am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:01pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:19am in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:28am in Life with a Toddler
3 Rules for Bedtime Reading
Last edited: Yesterday
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
- How to Teach Your Toddler to ShareLast edited: 7/23/13
I don't like being a parent - Page 4post #62 of 649/6/13 at 7:16pm
My son was high needs.
Until he was about... 18 months, i seriously thought i was going to lose my ever lovin mind. I loved him, but he was (and still at times) can be the most frustrating individual i've ever met. Boy didn't lick it up off the floor though, he got it from MAMA.
He's now 3 1/2. He's a lot more mellowed and verbal, and it gets better I PROMISE mama.
Hilariously i took him for his first chiro appointment a few weeks ago and she asked me "was he a colicky/fussy baby" and i just laughed at her. hysterically. She said "what's so funny" i said "he never ever ever ever slept." Turns out his upper back and neck were SO subluxated, he probably had baaad headaches.
He's old enough now to tell me "my head hurts'. And when he tells me that, off to the chiro he goes! SO maybe if you have insurance coverage? give it a try?post #63 of 6410/11/13 at 7:39pm
I am late coming into this thread. There were times with my oldest, who was extremely high strung, that I loved her with all my heart, but did not like her every moment of the day. I was raised as an only child and that was also hard to be owned by my child for all of her waking hours. We got through it. I tried very hard to focus on the good times, the cute or smart things she did. And when she was sleeping, to remember why I was doing it.
I also had some depression. I did not admit as much until my second was born and it went into overdrive. I got a low dose of anti-depressant and it made a *huge* difference to my outlook and my tolerance level. I stayed on it for years. Sometimes I feel I still need to be on it. You might see if this is a possibility for you.post #64 of 6410/12/13 at 4:16pm
Being a parent is hard work and there are fun moments for sure, but in my eyes, there's nothing "fun" about being a parent. I think we are fed a lot of bs in life about parenting. We are bombarded with messages and pictures on a constant basis that have power to make people feel inadequate and long for a life that's different from the one they currently have. There are many days I do not like my identity as a mother and wish so badly that I could go back in time and make different decisions that wouldn't have put me in a position to become a mother before I was emotionally ready to become one. Everyone tells me it gets easier as kids get older, and I understand that a little bit better now, but it doesn't change what's happening in life "right now". I'm a younger mom, and sometimes i think this parenting gig would have been easier if i got started at a later age, like the age you are, 34. Clearly that's not the case though.
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a Mom
- › would you change your kid's name? 1 minute ago
- › Stop nursing because of a protein allergy? 1 minute ago
- › Welcome! 4 minutes ago
- › Fall Pantry Challenge 2013 5 minutes ago
- › What were you fed? 8 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 14 minutes ago
- › Low supply - What helped you? 17 minutes ago
- › Homebirthing roll call. 17 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 18 minutes ago
- › Why do I feel foolish after a random act of kindness? 23 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo