Another thing to consider is consulting with an speech therapist; they may have some ideas that would help her communication or at least help you feel like you're not on your own. An OT could help with possible sensory concerns.
Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:30am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:01pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:19am in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:28am in Life with a Toddler
3 Rules for Bedtime Reading
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
- How to Teach Your Toddler to ShareLast edited: 7/23/13
I don't like being a parent - Page 4post #62 of 649/6/13 at 7:16pm
My son was high needs.
Until he was about... 18 months, i seriously thought i was going to lose my ever lovin mind. I loved him, but he was (and still at times) can be the most frustrating individual i've ever met. Boy didn't lick it up off the floor though, he got it from MAMA.
He's now 3 1/2. He's a lot more mellowed and verbal, and it gets better I PROMISE mama.
Hilariously i took him for his first chiro appointment a few weeks ago and she asked me "was he a colicky/fussy baby" and i just laughed at her. hysterically. She said "what's so funny" i said "he never ever ever ever slept." Turns out his upper back and neck were SO subluxated, he probably had baaad headaches.
He's old enough now to tell me "my head hurts'. And when he tells me that, off to the chiro he goes! SO maybe if you have insurance coverage? give it a try?post #63 of 6410/11/13 at 7:39pm
I am late coming into this thread. There were times with my oldest, who was extremely high strung, that I loved her with all my heart, but did not like her every moment of the day. I was raised as an only child and that was also hard to be owned by my child for all of her waking hours. We got through it. I tried very hard to focus on the good times, the cute or smart things she did. And when she was sleeping, to remember why I was doing it.
I also had some depression. I did not admit as much until my second was born and it went into overdrive. I got a low dose of anti-depressant and it made a *huge* difference to my outlook and my tolerance level. I stayed on it for years. Sometimes I feel I still need to be on it. You might see if this is a possibility for you.post #64 of 6410/12/13 at 4:16pm
Being a parent is hard work and there are fun moments for sure, but in my eyes, there's nothing "fun" about being a parent. I think we are fed a lot of bs in life about parenting. We are bombarded with messages and pictures on a constant basis that have power to make people feel inadequate and long for a life that's different from the one they currently have. There are many days I do not like my identity as a mother and wish so badly that I could go back in time and make different decisions that wouldn't have put me in a position to become a mother before I was emotionally ready to become one. Everyone tells me it gets easier as kids get older, and I understand that a little bit better now, but it doesn't change what's happening in life "right now". I'm a younger mom, and sometimes i think this parenting gig would have been easier if i got started at a later age, like the age you are, 34. Clearly that's not the case though.
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a Mom
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 minute ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 1 minute ago
- › I keep covering up the baby.... advice please! 2 minutes ago
- › More on the topic of baby stuff 3 minutes ago
- › Toddler not interested in Rote memorization 4 minutes ago
- › birth stories! 5 minutes ago
- › Leapfrog Leappad Ultra- Yes or No? 6 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 7 minutes ago
- › Baby names? 8 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo