Does anyone want to share their lesson plans for the upcoming week? I've been meaning to plan out our week all day and still haven't gotten around to it. I'll probably waste, um spend, some more time on MDC before I eventually get around to it. Then I'll come back and share ours'.
Related Forum Threads
- Bridging the Summer Gap? Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What Motivates us? What motivates our kids? Last post on 5/16/13 at 8:36pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Sustainable Living Last post on 5/16/13 at 1:47pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- rough day could use some encouragement Last post on Today at 2:06 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Homeschooling Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Homeschooling Thanksgiving in a Culturally Sensitive Way
Edited on 12/6/12
- Homeschooling with Chronic IllnessEdited on 11/30/12
- Back to School Resources on Mothering.comEdited on 3/8/13
- Member Recommended Homeschooling BlogsEdited on 10/9/12
- The Season of WonderEdited on 5/3/13
Lesson Plans for This Week- Week of 6/11post #1 of 66/10/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #2 of 66/11/12 at 5:04pmThread Starter
I ended up deciding we should have a light week, with the neighbor kids being out of school and us having a new baby.
1 lesson/day from Saxon Math 7/6
Read a story a day from Building Our Lives book and do two pages in workbook
Work on Spanish for Children on Tuesday and Thursday
1 lesson/day from CLE Math 306
1 lesson/day from CLE Bible 305
2 pages/day from Explode the Code 8 1/2
1 page/day from Arithmetic 1
1 page/day from SRA Phonics
Read Story of the World ch 26 & 27post #3 of 66/11/12 at 8:27pm
We're in summer mode. Finish up Saxon Algebra 1/2 and get to 1900 in US history by the first day of school. This week, Saxon on Wednesday and Friday. In history, today was the 54th Mass. and the assault on Ft. Wagner in North Carolina. Tomorrow Gettysburg Address; Wed., Grant named General-in-Chief of the Union armies and Lincoln's nomination for a 2nd term. Friday is Lincoln's reelection and Sherman's March to the Sea.
post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:05am
I'm just getting started as my dd7 is still in ps finishing 1st grade but we've been going at a slower pace and will continue on the same stuff for a few weeks to kick off summer.
We've read Story of the World chapter 1 and just read the first part of chapter 2 on hunter/gatherers. We've got half a dozen books on early humans including some DK and Usborne encyclopedia types and we need to start our Binder.
We are also working on daily piano practice and my dd also wants to learn guitar so we're doing that everyday too.
For the summer, we're going to be more relaxed and see how things go. We'll be doing some travelling which may spark our interests but as for formal plans - we are just doing Story of the World, music, and any science questions that come up. We've been learning about evolution and animal classification along with our study of the first humans and dd is heading to a neat Dino exhibit at a Science Museum soon so I'm sure we'll do some dino study too :). Dd is also in the process of getting a penpal and will start writing as soon as that is lined up and I'd like to see her start the habit of daily journaling over the summer. For the fall, we'll be adding more formal math and FLL (I think).
I know this isn't really a lesson plan but I wanted to share. I'm just getting started here.post #5 of 66/12/12 at 2:56pm
We took last week and Monday off. We are probably going to have a light week. I don't really have a specific written plan but this is what I think we'll probably cover.
Today: I read aloud to dd from Daughter of the Mountains and plan to have her do a page of her math workbook.
13th- more Daughter of the Mountains , math, vocabulary
14th- Daughter of the Mountains, Language Arts workbook, read a chapter from The History of Medicine, art project
15th- read a chapter from The Arabs in the Golden Age, Daughter of the Mountains, math, writing assignment
post #6 of 66/12/12 at 6:31pm
I haven't started much with mine schooling wise.. This next school year will be our "official" first year, right now we are just doing relax things with them when they want to..
This week I checked out a storytelling kit revolving around the circus from the local library (I love these kids, they are books, activities, puzzles, puppets etc revolving around a topic) that Im slowly going through each day.. I let my oldest pick up a few workbooks at the store (she loves loves workbooks!!) and she choose a book on measurements, one on clocks/time and a handwriting book so she does 1-2 sheets from each book depending on what she wants to do.
- Lesson Plans for This Week- Week of 6/11
- Homeschooling with Chronic Illness
- › Potty training FAIL 9 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 13 minutes ago
- › Tinkle traps - custom prefold fitteds? 18 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 33 minutes ago
- › Weekly thread May 13-19th 46 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat - May 7 to May 13 47 minutes ago
- › A day in YOUR babywearing life! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Just Got Chewed Out During my Appt... And Walked Out 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Vent - in the closet about private school 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › rough day could use some encouragement 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11