Does anyone want to share their lesson plans for the upcoming week? I've been meaning to plan out our week all day and still haven't gotten around to it. I'll probably waste, um spend, some more time on MDC before I eventually get around to it. Then I'll come back and share ours'.
Related Forum Threads
- first semester homeschooling thoughts and questions Last post on Yesterday at 11:33 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- "Educational" minecraft servers to join? Last post on 12/17/13 at 1:44pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 12 yo gift ideas Last post on 12/8/13 at 11:15am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Help me find my perfect curriculum :) Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:59pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- But my kids *like* public school. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:45am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Getting Started With Homeschooling
Last edited: 9/24/13
- Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not YoursLast edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
Lesson Plans for This Week- Week of 6/11post #1 of 66/10/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #2 of 66/11/12 at 5:04pmThread Starter
I ended up deciding we should have a light week, with the neighbor kids being out of school and us having a new baby.
1 lesson/day from Saxon Math 7/6
Read a story a day from Building Our Lives book and do two pages in workbook
Work on Spanish for Children on Tuesday and Thursday
1 lesson/day from CLE Math 306
1 lesson/day from CLE Bible 305
2 pages/day from Explode the Code 8 1/2
1 page/day from Arithmetic 1
1 page/day from SRA Phonics
Read Story of the World ch 26 & 27post #3 of 66/11/12 at 8:27pm
We're in summer mode. Finish up Saxon Algebra 1/2 and get to 1900 in US history by the first day of school. This week, Saxon on Wednesday and Friday. In history, today was the 54th Mass. and the assault on Ft. Wagner in North Carolina. Tomorrow Gettysburg Address; Wed., Grant named General-in-Chief of the Union armies and Lincoln's nomination for a 2nd term. Friday is Lincoln's reelection and Sherman's March to the Sea.
post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:05am
I'm just getting started as my dd7 is still in ps finishing 1st grade but we've been going at a slower pace and will continue on the same stuff for a few weeks to kick off summer.
We've read Story of the World chapter 1 and just read the first part of chapter 2 on hunter/gatherers. We've got half a dozen books on early humans including some DK and Usborne encyclopedia types and we need to start our Binder.
We are also working on daily piano practice and my dd also wants to learn guitar so we're doing that everyday too.
For the summer, we're going to be more relaxed and see how things go. We'll be doing some travelling which may spark our interests but as for formal plans - we are just doing Story of the World, music, and any science questions that come up. We've been learning about evolution and animal classification along with our study of the first humans and dd is heading to a neat Dino exhibit at a Science Museum soon so I'm sure we'll do some dino study too :). Dd is also in the process of getting a penpal and will start writing as soon as that is lined up and I'd like to see her start the habit of daily journaling over the summer. For the fall, we'll be adding more formal math and FLL (I think).
I know this isn't really a lesson plan but I wanted to share. I'm just getting started here.post #5 of 66/12/12 at 2:56pm
We took last week and Monday off. We are probably going to have a light week. I don't really have a specific written plan but this is what I think we'll probably cover.
Today: I read aloud to dd from Daughter of the Mountains and plan to have her do a page of her math workbook.
13th- more Daughter of the Mountains , math, vocabulary
14th- Daughter of the Mountains, Language Arts workbook, read a chapter from The History of Medicine, art project
15th- read a chapter from The Arabs in the Golden Age, Daughter of the Mountains, math, writing assignment
post #6 of 66/12/12 at 6:31pm
I haven't started much with mine schooling wise.. This next school year will be our "official" first year, right now we are just doing relax things with them when they want to..
This week I checked out a storytelling kit revolving around the circus from the local library (I love these kids, they are books, activities, puzzles, puppets etc revolving around a topic) that Im slowly going through each day.. I let my oldest pick up a few workbooks at the store (she loves loves workbooks!!) and she choose a book on measurements, one on clocks/time and a handwriting book so she does 1-2 sheets from each book depending on what she wants to do.
- Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
- › Artificial food reaction... Normal? Dangerous? 55 seconds ago
- › Starting solids 59 seconds ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Enter the Hyland's Holiday Challenge! 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 3 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Homeschool schedule, breaks, etc? 7 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 12 minutes ago
- › Welcome! Roll call! Introduce yourself please! 12 minutes ago
- › Vomit :( 12 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh