You all are so wrong and so hilarious!!!!
- topicToddlerstagged by mamazee, 5/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on 12/24/13 at 7:09am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:01pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:19am in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 2/12/14 at 1:10pm in Life with a Toddler
The "I Help" Bag: A Way to Engage Curious Toddlers
Last edited: 1/12/14
- Five Things My Toddler Made Me Forget About BabiesLast edited: 12/6/13
- 3 Rules for Bedtime ReadingLast edited: 12/6/13
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
Mucho privato.. but need help. - Page 10post #182 of 2346/21/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by BroodyWoodsgal
Dying laughing over here...sinhole..oh my good heavens...hahahhaa. YES.
Also...if ONLY we could take back the word "cunt". That is such a good word...too bad it's been turned so dirty. What is the origin of that word?? I'll have to google that.
I think of my vulva/vagina/uterus/etc much the same way I think of a favorite dog, as far as what I call it is concerned. I have four dogs and they each have a name...it is their name, it's what the vet knows them by and when it is important that they come right away, that is the name I holler.
But between the four crazy mutts I've got...there are about 16-20 "pet names" floating around. Each dog will come to his/her name, but will also come to his/her little pet names, born completely out of affection over the years and very sweet and dear to us. Molly will come to Molly...but also Moolah, Moose or Damn Dog (she's a trash eater and a poop-roller-inner, she can't help it, she loves the smell of poop). All my dogs have at least three pet names.
My "lady parts" are much the same. In the doctors office it's "vulva". If my daughter is itching herself, it's "is your vulva itchy?" - so, like, you know...when it's important that we're clear about things, we call it what it is - but when I'm talking about my glorious birthing experiences...it may be something more in line with "gates of life" or something. When I'm describing my preferred grooming habits...she may be called something more along the lines of "shaggy mistress". When I'm in bed with my husband, in the throes of passion...well, she may go by something that TOTALLY fits in that moment, which would probably sound downright ungodly in the checkout line at the grocery! She's a mysterious lady and wears many hats!! Pee maker, baby birther, pleasure house...there is kind of a lot going on down there, far too much to have only one name for her!
Like my favorite dogs, I've grown attached to my sex organ over the years, she's been marvelous to me! Every phase of life has brought on a deeper level of affection and even more reasons to love that misty underworld...it is a realm that goes by many names! There is nothing "cutesy" about her...but some of my names for her may sound that way to others! Oh well!
Oh, PS, "sugar pot" = STEALING IT! HAhahah (not so "haha" if you actually grew up with adults using this around you seriously...gross!)
Love the pet name anaology and agree completely!post #183 of 2346/21/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by lbkw
I read this thread yesterday before my OB appointment. While in the room with the detailed anatomical chart, I scanned it for labels. It seems like the part that gets wiped and cleaned is referred to as the "Vestibule". I've never heard that term before but it seems completely benign for anyone who is looking for something of the sort. I guess you would have to explain that there are many different kinds of vestibules, but that would come in time.
- The urethra, vagina, and ducts of the greater vestibular glands open into the vestibule.
Interesting, I've never heard it referred to that way before. I think some of my uncomfortableness with the word vulva is that I've never even heard a med-pro say it. My midwife was usually talking about more specific parts (using their proper names) rather than the whole thing, the nurses at my friend's hospital birth I attended kept referring to it as her "bottom". When I was trying to tell my mom that my vulva (didn't say vulva, can't remember what exactly I said) ached really badly a few days after DS was born, she was trying to clarify where I meant and said, "you mean your, uh, child-birth area?" Seriously, I don't know that I've ever heard anyone say vulva in real life. Kind of sad.post #184 of 2346/21/12 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by SweetSilver
BTW, I even though my girls are passed that age where we might do this, I like the idea of a wiping song.
Here's a start, to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot":
Wipe your little vulva front to back
Urethra, labia, perineum, um..... crack?
I'm being silly, but I like the idea. Back to the starting block.
And I'm getting over being embarrassed about shouts of "TESTICLES" in the store. But when the girls point out all the parts of their animals to their grandma, or tell her that their animals are mating, well, that's a bit..... uncomfortable.
I love your song. I am going to have a hard time not singing it to my potty training little girl.post #185 of 2346/21/12 at 9:22pmI just read this entire damn thread. Thank you all.
Also, I grew up in the south ... and I know LOTS of names skirting around the lady-parts.
And also, I kind of wish I were back in undergrad (my concentration was linguistics) just so I could use this thread as a data set. "It has nothing to do with shame! I just don't like the V-word! Penis is okay, though!" I did get to use "cumdumpster" in a sociolinguistics class, once though.
And finally, at our house (and, in fact, in public) we say "vulva" when we need to. It's correct AND cutepost #186 of 2346/21/12 at 10:33pmpost #187 of 2346/22/12 at 12:25ampost #188 of 2346/22/12 at 4:27ampost #189 of 2346/22/12 at 7:13amQuote:
Yeah, I thought "vestibule" was a bit weird. What? It's the room that the penis stops to kick off it's shoes before walking into the rest of the house? "Veranda" is where we woo it with some sweet tea before we invite it inside......Quote:
I thought about that and decided not to. I dare not imagine what kinds of links might be suggested with that search word.....post #190 of 2346/22/12 at 7:41ampost #191 of 2346/22/12 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by SweetSilver
Yeah, I thought "vestibule" was a bit weird. What? It's the room that the penis stops to kick off it's shoes before walking into the rest of the house? "Veranda" is where we woo it with some sweet tea before we invite it inside......
I thought about that and decided not to. I dare not imagine what kinds of links might be suggested with that search word.....
Yeah vestibule is frakkin' gross!! A vestibule is a small room I go into to pull cash out of an ATM...it has terrible carpeting and smells slightly of urine. No no, we shall not be calling our lady cats "vestibules" around here!
Oh and I, too, decided against a google search of the word "cunt"...what with the risk of pulling up viruses...but couldn't help myself and settled on throwing in "etymology" in hopes that I would bring up a "cleaner" search! Well it worked...and I'm even more fascinated by this word now! What a long history!
Here is the wiki:
Apparently there are others out there who believe this word should be "reclaimed"...though it doesnt appear that the word has been used openly as a non-offensive, factual term for the vulva/vagina region since before the renaissance period! After that it's allll vulgar! Hahaha. So we'd be reclaiming it from, basically, "Norsemen of Olde" times. Very interesting stuff.post #192 of 2346/22/12 at 7:43ampost #193 of 2346/22/12 at 7:55ampost #194 of 2346/22/12 at 10:30ampost #195 of 2346/22/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
Teach them to say it like the Greek God of Balls--testiCLEESpost #196 of 2346/22/12 at 2:14pmpost #197 of 2346/22/12 at 2:26pmI know what you mean. My daughter, 10, and I call it the nethers. As in nether regions. It's funny, light, clean, silly. Takes the embarrassment out of talking about it. Which is good, considering she's getting older.
We call the backside bum, buns, booty. Again, keeping it light, but not dirty sounding.post #198 of 2346/22/12 at 2:27pmpost #199 of 2346/23/12 at 10:36ampost #200 of 2346/25/12 at 6:38pm
I was going to suggest a word that we use in french, that (once again, in french) is not a loaded term at all but rather delicate. But I did not know how to say this word in english. In french it is "entrejambe" which means, the space between your legs. I googled it. Turns out in english the word is crotch. Not so delicate.
I realise this is not what you want to hear, but our kids know and use the terms vulva, vagina, and clitoris. Not that you want or need to use them all the time. My daughter once asked, rather loudly, if I had wiped my vulva when we were in a public restroom. Could you not just say, did you wipe well?
In other languages they also refer to what you are wiping off, as opposed to the surface being wipe, i.e. did you wipe the last drop? I don't know that the word you are looking for exists.
What does yoni come from? Is it an adult word or a child word like wee-wee? Just out of curiosity as I haven't heard this term before.
- Five Things My Toddler Made Me Forget About Babies
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 43 seconds ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 minute ago
- › Any other moms expecting #5 or more? 1 minute ago
- › Look what I got this morning! 3 minutes ago
- › anyone conceive easily at 43? 6 minutes ago
- › "Holly's Law" Titres accepted in lieu of second MMR in NJ--BUT DID... 12 minutes ago
- › IV Sedation for Dental Work in young child - opinions? negative... 14 minutes ago
- › ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less... 27 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 32 minutes ago
- › Birth Bead Swap - Sign Up Here! 34 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher