I'm Bipolar and am on Lamictal for it. I missed 2 doses, because this last week has been hectic. Now, I felt manic the last 2 days and now, I'm really down and depressed. I can't stop thinking to myself "I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life." I know it will pass as soon as I get stable again, in about a week. It's just hard to think these things right now. I can't get anything done around the house and it's not helping my mental state at all. It's driving me deeper and I feel like I'm hardly hanging on. I just need to hear that I'm not alone and to hear that it WILL get better, because even though I KNOW it'll be better, it's hard to believe it. I'm not going to hurt myself, but I hate being in this place mentally.
- topicMental Health
Related Forum Threads
- Dairy is anxiety producing? Last post on 5/7/13 at 3:07pm in Mental Health
- Anyone know of online peer therapy? Last post on 5/8/13 at 8:13am in Mental Health
- Being Happy on Mother's Day Last post on 5/7/13 at 7:51pm in Mental Health
- Can BCP trigger depression? Last post on 4/16/13 at 7:25am in Mental Health
- Bipolar II post-partum Last post on 4/18/13 at 5:09pm in Mental Health
I need support
I have been taking my meds since missing the 2 doses. I told my husband how I felt, and he wasn't of much help. I don't think he knows how to really help. I don't know anyone in my location that has bipolar that can commiserate, but by mid-day, I felt a little better. I don't miss feeling that way and I hate when I can't control the feelings I have. Thank you guys for responding.
haha Funny you should ask. I went to get a refill today and come to find out that my MHSP(Montana Mental Health Aid) expired LAST MONTH. Since I wasn't informed of this until an hour ago, I wasn't able to submit an application and give them the proper documents in time. So I'm SOL for the weekend. 3 days without my meds. This is gonna throw me for a loop. They were supposed to mail me a new application before my coverage expired, so I WOULDN'T be in this situation. I'm beyond mad.
I'm so sorry. I hate knowing that that medication that could make me feel better is just behind that counter, but I'm unable to get the appointment with the doctor to get the prescription to get the drug. Gurr....
I hope life conspires to send you a smooth and easy weekend in compensation for having to go through it with out of whack brain chemistry.
I've tried setting alarms, but when I'm like this, I get flighty, distracted and put things off. The alarm will go off to take my meds, then one of the kids will ask for something and then I won't take it that day because I forget. *sigh* It's been almost a month since I felt normal.
- I need support
- › Best Gift Ideas For Father On Father's Day 3 minutes ago
- › how we live off the grid.. appreciate any tips to make life easier. 3 minutes ago
- › Let's have some introductions! 5 minutes ago
- › Exercise 5 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 6 minutes ago
- › Almost exclusively BF 15 month old newly constipated.... Change in... 7 minutes ago
- › At what age does socialization become really important? 9 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 13 minutes ago
- › I Don't Even Recognize Myself Anymore 15 minutes ago
- › Dinner Disaster.... 16 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11