or Connect
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › DO NOT POST HERE...

DO NOT POST HERE... - Page 7

post #121 of 155
  • EDD (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer)  March 31st
  • Your Name: (if you would like to share)  Eleslie
  • Age: 28
  • State or Country: South Carolina, US
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1st cycle TTC
  • What number child is this for you: 3
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband Jeremy married almost 9 years, Oldest DD Kaya 7, Youngest DD  Darby Shea 5..
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I am only 6 weeks so I dont know yet but wuld like a boy, but would love any baby God gives me
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: Hospital, Natural, unmedicated, and hopefully FAST!!..lol
post #122 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlock View Post

 

  • EDD Early to Mid March- I have a feeling Mid March since I am a first time mom!
  • Your Name: Lauren
  • Age: 29, will be 30 when this baby is born
  • State or Country: Texas!
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4.5 VERY LONG YEARS!!! 
  • What number child is this for you: Hard to answer- we had a failed adoption after having baby girl home for 12 days, and multiple losses. This will be our first live child that will stay with us!
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and one dog
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I have incredibly strong girl feelings
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: Hope for a Hypnobabies Waterbirth
  • Blog, website or the like: Jumpovertherainbow.com
  • Anything else you'd like to share: I was supposed to be completely unable to get pregnant after a diagnosis of early ovarian failure over a year ago. My hormone counts showed almost zero eggs left in my body, and I'm not even 30 years old. Here I am completely unexpectedly pregnant with no fertility interventions in over a year. We are BEYOND shocked but very much feel this is the universe giving us our child. I have less fear this time than ever before because I just don't doubt the vibes I"m getting that this is "it" and I am supposed to let go of worry. 

WOW!!! congrats. What a blessing :)

post #123 of 155

OK, there are definitely too many acronyms here.  I can only understand what is being asked from other people's responses.  

 

  • EDD:  end of March
  • Your Name: Rayna
  • Age: 36
  • State or Country: We travel between Istanbul, Turkey and Egypt, but I'm originally from Illinois - Chicago and Chicago-area.
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP:  I don't know what "BFP" stands for, but I became pregnant after about 3 months.
  • What number child is this for you: first
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I have a husband and 2 cats.
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I think now that it's a boy, but probably it's a girl.
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: I want to have an unassisted homebirth, but I'm sure my husband won't agree.  Hopefully, we can compromise on attended homebirth.  
post #124 of 155
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayna0215 View Post

OK, there are definitely too many acronyms here.  I can only understand what is being asked from other people's responses.  

 

Hi Rayna! Too help you out with all the acronyms, and yes there are A LOT! lol...

 

EDD- expected due date

BFP- big fat positive

DH- darling husband

DP- darling partner

DS- darling son

DD- darling daughter

TTC- trying to conceive 

MIL- mother in law

FIL- father in law

US or u/s- ultra sound

MW- midwife

BF- breast feeding

 

There is more, but thats all I can think of right now, may be some of the other mamas will chim in here...

 

Welcome to March DDC!!

post #125 of 155

Thanks! That's so helpful.

post #126 of 155

•EDD: End of March

•Your Name: Kristin

•Age:31
•State or Country: Yukon Territory, Canada

•How long it took to you to get your BFP: surprise!

•What number child is this for you: my 1st; my partner's 2nd

•Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DP and DSS 7yrs old next month, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 7 hermit crabs, 25+ chickens, 6 aquariums.

•Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I hope girl, but I'll be happy and surprised either way.

•Birth Plans/Preferences: I'd really like a homebirth, but midwives are hard to find here and not covered by health care or have hospital rights.  We'll see.
•Anything else you'd like to share: I'm an introvert and he's an extrovert.  I'm excited on the inside and he's excited on the outside - LOL.

post #127 of 155

Ummm...  Hi! 

 

I have been lurking around the rest of MDC, but only just decided to take the plunge and join my DDC...  Probably partly because I had a recent loss (my first pregnancy) and was kinda glad I hadn't joined my DDC when I m/c, so I didn't "know" anyone who was due around the same time.  If that makes sense.

 

However, I'm 12 weeks in less than 48 hours, and all signs point to awesome with this babe!

 

  • EDD: Feb 28/March 1.  But I've learned my lesson from years of participating on birth-related boards-- DH and I are telling/planning on telling everyone "early- to mid-March"  smile.gif  Actually, our plan is to plant the seed of my being due "around" another person's birthday-- for example, DH's brother's birthday is March 7, so we'll tell his family "around X's birthday."  My cousin on my mom's side is March 14, so "a little before Y's birthday."  Not sure what to say to my dad's side of the family, but since FTMs tend to go around 41 weeks (and I don't want to rile my OWN self up), I am trying to plant the seed of "early- to mid-March."
  • Your Name: (if you would like to share): Michelle
  • Age: 34
  • State or Country:  Mid-Atlantic
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: Well...  Depends on how you count, I guess.  We just started trying in February 2012 and are surprisingly pretty fertile (apparently my BCPs were working overtime during the last 14 years, because we married in 1998 and I never became PG before 2012!)  I got PG on our very first try in Feb, but lost the baby at 6-10 weeks, depending on how you count it.  Got PG again with this sticky bean less than 6 weeks after my m/c (within 2 tries).  So....  1-3 months or 5 months, I guess, depending on how you see it.  We count ourselves extremely lucky.  Though of course I feel I'd rather have had to try longer than have had a loss in the meantime, overall, at our ages (34 and 42), we are really blessed to have conceived so quickly, and only when we wanted to.
  • What number child is this for you: 1!  I believe it is our first baby, just in a new body.  smile.gif
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):  DH of 14 (!) years (17 together).  Our dog passed away during the week of my m/c (also my birthday-- good times!), but we still have our kitty, age 12-14.  My brother also lives in our basement, with his own very sweet dog and cockatiel.  orngtongue.gif
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):  I have always had a girl preference, at least for our first (I'm an oldest girl), though DH is truly pretty neutral on the subject.  But my preference is just not nearly as strong since I got PG the first time, and especially since I had my loss.  Healthy baby and all that.  We are undecided whether we will have ANY (routine) u/s, but if we do (only @ 20 weeks), we will beg not to be told the sex.  We are so uninterested in seeing the u/s that we might even ask for them to turn off the overhead monitor and not even print out a photo (I know, it sounds crazy to me, too)-- so hopefully it will remain a surprise! 
  • Birth Plans/Preferences:  We are planning a HB with CNMs who, so far, are awesome and seem to be 99% aligned with us.  Good news: they don't have a date at which they must transfer care (go to 42+ weeks if you want!)  Bad news: they don't do breech.  Luckily, there are some (OB) options for that around our metropolitan area.  DH and I feel awesome about my birth choice-- I have been researching and advocating HB/NCB for ~8 years and these MWs are AMAZING and all about evidence-based care.
  • Blog, website or the like:  None at the moment, though I used to have a fashion blog.
  • Anything else you'd like to share:  I guess that's most of it!  DH and I laugh, because we have apparently turned into filthy hippies when it comes to this kid!  Although I see it more as a preference for mutual respect and evidence-based practices-- which AP, and to some extent, NFL, fulfill.  We went from being sold on HB (when low-risk, boilerplate, boilerplate), to BF, to no-circ, to GD, etc., etc. and the list goes on.  I NEVER thought I would do cloth diapers, as I could not care less about the environment-- orngtongue.gif-- but they go right along with EC, so...  I laughed at myself when I realized that if all goes as we plan, our kid will make minimal or no use of the following "traditional symbols of babyhood":
  • Crib
  • Bottle
  • Pacifier
  • Baby food
  • Stroller
  • Diapers (OMG I am a NUT!)
  • ...and hopefully there will be no "when we brought you home from the hospital" story, no hospital bracelet nor official hospital photo.  There may even be no ultrasound pic!   So, yeah, we're freaks now.  winky.gif  That's me, the undercover hippie freak, eating fast food in my heels and 3 shades of eyeshadow.  curlers.gif

    

post #128 of 155

Hey gals, can you remove me from the list? I am unfortunately out. Thanks! Happy, healthy nine months to you all! 

post #129 of 155

I am so sorry Sarah1918,  sending big hugs your way. xoxoxoxoxo

post #130 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by buko View Post

Ummm...  Hi! 

 

I have been lurking around the rest of MDC, but only just decided to take the plunge and join my DDC...  Probably partly because I had a recent loss (my first pregnancy) and was kinda glad I hadn't joined my DDC when I m/c, so I didn't "know" anyone who was due around the same time.  If that makes sense.

 

However, I'm 12 weeks in less than 48 hours, and all signs point to awesome with this babe!

 

  • EDD: Feb 28/March 1.  But I've learned my lesson from years of participating on birth-related boards-- DH and I are telling/planning on telling everyone "early- to mid-March"  smile.gif  Actually, our plan is to plant the seed of my being due "around" another person's birthday-- for example, DH's brother's birthday is March 7, so we'll tell his family "around X's birthday."  My cousin on my mom's side is March 14, so "a little before Y's birthday."  Not sure what to say to my dad's side of the family, but since FTMs tend to go around 41 weeks (and I don't want to rile my OWN self up), I am trying to plant the seed of "early- to mid-March."
  • Your Name: (if you would like to share): Michelle
  • Age: 34
  • State or Country:  Mid-Atlantic
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: Well...  Depends on how you count, I guess.  We just started trying in February 2012 and are surprisingly pretty fertile (apparently my BCPs were working overtime during the last 14 years, because we married in 1998 and I never became PG before 2012!)  I got PG on our very first try in Feb, but lost the baby at 6-10 weeks, depending on how you count it.  Got PG again with this sticky bean less than 6 weeks after my m/c (within 2 tries).  So....  1-3 months or 5 months, I guess, depending on how you see it.  We count ourselves extremely lucky.  Though of course I feel I'd rather have had to try longer than have had a loss in the meantime, overall, at our ages (34 and 42), we are really blessed to have conceived so quickly, and only when we wanted to.
  • What number child is this for you: 1!  I believe it is our first baby, just in a new body.  smile.gif
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):  DH of 14 (!) years (17 together).  Our dog passed away during the week of my m/c (also my birthday-- good times!), but we still have our kitty, age 12-14.  My brother also lives in our basement, with his own very sweet dog and cockatiel.  orngtongue.gif
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):  I have always had a girl preference, at least for our first (I'm an oldest girl), though DH is truly pretty neutral on the subject.  But my preference is just not nearly as strong since I got PG the first time, and especially since I had my loss.  Healthy baby and all that.  We are undecided whether we will have ANY (routine) u/s, but if we do (only @ 20 weeks), we will beg not to be told the sex.  We are so uninterested in seeing the u/s that we might even ask for them to turn off the overhead monitor and not even print out a photo (I know, it sounds crazy to me, too)-- so hopefully it will remain a surprise! 
  • Birth Plans/Preferences:  We are planning a HB with CNMs who, so far, are awesome and seem to be 99% aligned with us.  Good news: they don't have a date at which they must transfer care (go to 42+ weeks if you want!)  Bad news: they don't do breech.  Luckily, there are some (OB) options for that around our metropolitan area.  DH and I feel awesome about my birth choice-- I have been researching and advocating HB/NCB for ~8 years and these MWs are AMAZING and all about evidence-based care.
  • Blog, website or the like:  None at the moment, though I used to have a fashion blog.
  • Anything else you'd like to share:  I guess that's most of it!  DH and I laugh, because we have apparently turned into filthy hippies when it comes to this kid!  Although I see it more as a preference for mutual respect and evidence-based practices-- which AP, and to some extent, NFL, fulfill.  We went from being sold on HB (when low-risk, boilerplate, boilerplate), to BF, to no-circ, to GD, etc., etc. and the list goes on.  I NEVER thought I would do cloth diapers, as I could not care less about the environment-- orngtongue.gif-- but they go right along with EC, so...  I laughed at myself when I realized that if all goes as we plan, our kid will make minimal or no use of the following "traditional symbols of babyhood":
  • Crib
  • Bottle
  • Pacifier
  • Baby food
  • Stroller
  • Diapers (OMG I am a NUT!)
  • ...and hopefully there will be no "when we brought you home from the hospital" story, no hospital bracelet nor official hospital photo.  There may even be no ultrasound pic!   So, yeah, we're freaks now.  winky.gif  That's me, the undercover hippie freak, eating fast food in my heels and 3 shades of eyeshadow.  curlers.gif

    

Most of those things I never used, but I do like a stroller for older kids, and I also like using a back-up diaper for EC when they are very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahl918 View Post

Hey gals, can you remove me from the list? I am unfortunately out. Thanks! Happy, healthy nine months to you all! 


So sorry for your loss.

post #131 of 155

Please post an introduction about yourself, a suggestion of things to include would be.....

  • EDD: March 2
  • Your Name: Jenny
  • Age: 38
  • State or Country: Garden State
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 3rd month after m/c in March
  • What number child is this for you: 2
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, big sis M now 20 months
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): girl.  I think sisters would be cute and would love to reuse all of M's clothes.
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: homebirth, our second.
  •  

 

post #132 of 155

Hi - forgot to ask if I could please be removed as I'm going through m/c. Thanks and happy healthy pregnancies to all:)

post #133 of 155

Hi fellow mama's and mom-to-be's! This is the first time I have had to properly join the club (Hubby and boys are off craigslisting for a wakeboard!) And I am feeling more pregnant than I should and want to share with other women ; )

 

  • EDD : Late Feb/ early Mar
  • Your Name: MamaLex
  • Age: 28
  • State or Country: RI, USA
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: Vacation Surprise! 
  • What number child is this for you: 2nd pregnancy, 3rd child
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DSS 13, DS 2, and our cat Goopy
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Guessing Girl; Hoping Healthy : )
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: Hope to be Home to welcome this baby.
  • Blog, website or the like:
  • Anything else you'd like to share: It is interesting to me that as soon as my menstrual cycle lined up with the moon (my last period and the one before started on the new moon, exactly)... I got pregnant. With DS we tried for half a year before getting pregnant and this one took care of itself even though we "avoided" during peak fertility! We are pleased and excited even though it complicates our plans for the year to come and I am feeling sooo pregnant so early on... could it be the girl?
post #134 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Most of those things I never used, but I do like a stroller for older kids, and I also like using a back-up diaper for EC when they are very little.

 

 

I second this! I thought I wouldn't need or want them at first with my soft carriers and strips of cloth! But now my stroller is a life (and back and nerve) saver for safely transporting (and napping!) my busy toddler. Plus it carries our gear and groceries so I don't have to be weighed down like a packmule all the time! I am now in the market for a double that I think will preserve my sanity in the years to come!

post #135 of 155

My DD changed from March 12 to the 15th, if you wouldn't mind changing the roster :)

post #136 of 155
  • EDD: March 29
  • Age: 24
  • State or Country: USA
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 years since #1 was born
  • What number child is this for you: #2
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Dh, DD
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth
  • Anything else you'd like to share: It took me forever to find this DDC! 
post #137 of 155
  • EDD: Mid-March
  • name: Scarlet
  • Age: 26
  • State or Country: USA
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months
  • What number child is this for you: 1st time mom here!
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My darling husband and partner in crime
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I had a dream it was a son, I'd be thrilled with a girl or boy though!
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: birthing center at a hospital
  • Anything else you'd like to share: I have some health issues, they don't affect pregnancy, but I haven't been able to work for the last year and a half due to the fatigue. Looks like it could be chronic. This pregnancy is exercising my courage. I have no idea how I will do with a newborn. I have decided I'm still living and I really, really, want to have a family with my husband. We are willing to work it out. So here we go!
post #138 of 155

Kalamos,  

I tried to gather names of women we can take off our list and add to the "Always Remembered" list. 

 

SuzieSmiles(was Mar4), BetsyPage(was March7), Revolting(was latefe/earlymarch), sarahl918(was March24) and thentherewere4 need to be moved.  

 

I will do some more searching of past threads to see if we are missing anymore.

 

-Jodie

post #139 of 155
  • Add Me, Thanks.
  •  
  •  
  • EDD (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer) Mid March
  • Your Name: (if you would like to share) Amber
  • Age: 31
  • State or Country: Massachusetts, but from California
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: two months
  • What number child is this for you: 3
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH Tim, DS Ethan, DS2 Caelan
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Girl, girl, girl!
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: At a birth center with midwife
  • Blog, website or the like:
  • Anything else you'd like to share:
post #140 of 155
  • EDD: March 11 (another March baby!)
  • Your Name: Julia
  • Age: 22
  • State or Country: California
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise! We were going to start trying in August. Same thing happened with our first baby:.)
  • What number child is this for you: #2
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): SO Chris, DD Annika 2.5yo (3/8/10), FB's two wiener dogs, Chloe and Throttle
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I'm hoping for another girl, DH is hoping for a boy. We'll be happy either way
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: Planning a unassisted home birth.
  • Anything else you'd like to share: Still nursing my 2.5yo, I'm thinking we will be tandem nursing:.)

Edited by JuliaGoodie - 9/1/12 at 3:27pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: March 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › DO NOT POST HERE...