CA Country Girl, did they give you a reduced load or anything for the fall semester? That stinks to have to go back so soon. Also, thanks for chiming in on the cramping. It's been really weird since last week I barely felt pregnant at all and this week I get hit with a load of heaviness, pelvic pain, back pain, and crazy cramping. I guess that's what happens at 39 weeks. Exciting but frustrating.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnancytagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Summer 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Page 10post #181 of 3567/31/12 at 11:51ampost #182 of 3567/31/12 at 1:46pm
Oh, Bootsie, I so feel your pain. I slept poorly toward the end of my pregnancy, and I am so sleep deprived at this point that I don't think I'll ever catch up.
LilyTiger, I can't believe you're due in six days! Wow! I also felt pretty good until week 39 or 40(it's all a blur now), at which point I started to feel REALLY pregnant. Luckily, it won't be much longer!
Andaluza, except for a few Braxton-Hicks around 28 weeks, I had no contractions before going into labor. At the time, I desperately wanted a sign that my body was gearing up for the birth, but in retrospect, I was lucky.
CountryGirl, they change so fast! I was rocking Cara this afternoon, just looking at her little face and thinking about how much she's changed in the last month and I started crying. I'm sure each phase of childhood is special, but part of me wants her to stay tiny forever. Good luck getting ready for fall semester!
Erica, glad you were spared this week. Take advantage of that nesting energy! I totally did not experience that until right before I went into labor. Too little too late!
Sending easy labor vibes to all of our soon-to-be mamas!
Just because I want to share, here is a picture of Cara sucking my finger - I think she was three weeks old in this photo:
And here she is a couple of days ago (at four weeks old), conducting orchestras in her sleep:post #183 of 3567/31/12 at 4:37pmThread Starter
Cara!!!!! Strike a pose!
Just saying in my DDC, worst fear is to go into labor with this big of a sleep deficit, it will not be pretty. I was so excited for the sleep I got last night but I'm EXHAUSTED.
Having weird low cramps right now, and it's raining, which is always surreal around here.
Going to attempt a nap. I feel like I've worked about 10 days in a row, not two.
Oh and HEY, I don't know who has been around this long besides me and Caly, but I heard from our old friend Taxlady a few days ago. She's doing well and staying positive. That was such a nice surprise.
Also, while I'm just randomly posting crap, I want to add my willing MDC friends on facebook, I think it will be easier to not keep up everywhere once the baby is born but in reality I probably will still be around both. It's also an excuse because I think it allows for maximum baby picture access. ;) So add me if you want! Try to tell me who you are, I just added a bunch of people from my DDC and I'm so confused.
Last random note, I'm still looking for a THREADKEEPER for the AUGUST/SEPT time slot...All you have to do is copy and paste the first post and start a new thread, then keep it updated with any births, new members, etc. I promise it's not hard :)
oh yeah doc appointment tomorrow...post #184 of 3567/31/12 at 6:03pm
Boots- I'll thread keep the fall thread- guess it is my turn- it seems there are very few Bajongos behind me but I'll drop a not on the TTC groups as an invite to join us over here.- I was cracking up at your earlier post because I was eating my 3rd glass of ice for the day- and I totally know what you mean by stinky ice- When I want to my MIL's house in NM - she had stink ice and I was so mad because it was so hot and all I wanted to do was sit in a bathing suit and eat ice- so I had my dh get me soda ice from the gas station, then I ate it in 2 seconds- my method is I have those silicone trays- I only have two- I use filtered water, and just refill refill refill. - On the constipation thing- I take floradix - kind of pricey- and when I eat my ice - I fill my glass half full of cherry juice and sparkling water - several a day- seems to keep the iron from stopping me up.
Caly- Cara is a beauty- it inspires me to see those baby pics- LOVE!!
CACountry- wow summer really flew by- hope you find some time for your work!
Hope everyone else is doing great-post #185 of 3567/31/12 at 9:55pmThread Starter
Sparrows, thanks! It will be kind of quiet over here during the fall, hopefully you'll start to get a new round of BFPs from the TTC thread soon! I have noticed more people joining over there. The good thing is that you might just be able to keep the same thread for several months.
I am so glad you and Erica understand about my ice craziness! Before pregnancy, I ate some crushed ice (from our icemaker) but NOTHING like this. Some sources on the internet say it's a form of pagophagia or pica, "eating non nutritive substances" I'm like BS! Ice is water, I will die without water! :)
Since this afternoon, SO much lower abdominal pressure. Maybe HB has dropped? I don't know. I also read somewhere that first-time mom's babies usually don't drop until labor? True or not? Still the off chance it's a digestive thing but I think not. Maybe my doc will have some insight. Definitely taking the spare yoga ball to work tomorrow.post #186 of 3568/1/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Update from doc appointment: Cervix is the same (1 cm, 10% effaced) after a whole week, damn! Fundal height measuring 40, she's getting a bit concerned about his size, so we're having an ultrasound Friday, a membrane sweep Monday, and we'll discuss our options then. I really don't want to induce on an unripe cervix, esp at 39 weeks...Guess we'll see, doc admits she knows u/s size estimates can be off a lot.
Edited; ultrasound is actually tomorrow afternoon. Done a bit of research abut shoulder dystocia which was mentioned to me as a concern, it seems the risk is minimal (2.5 % of births MAX).
Huz and I talked, we are expecting to hear he is big, but if he has been gaining 1/2 lb a week he should be about 9 now based on last U/S. Big but really not HUGE in our opinion, especially if estimate is off, we could maybe push to wait until Monday 8/13 for induction. Technically we don't HAVE to induce (according to hospital policy) until two weeks from tomorrow, but I think by then my doc might have actually pushed it.
Edited by iixivboots - 8/1/12 at 11:22pmpost #187 of 3568/2/12 at 6:39amThread Starter
Woke up and pretty sure my water broke/leaked (didn't seem like all of it) and some bloody show.
We have been packing our overnight bag and I'm going to eat something, then we're off to L&D.
Please any of you on FB don't post anything over there, we don't want to alert anyone if it's a false alarm.
Thinking if water broke and cervix looks the same as yesterday, I'm basically going in for an induction with gel, pitocin, etc.
Guess we won't be making that 345 ultrasound!post #188 of 3568/2/12 at 8:20ampost #189 of 3568/2/12 at 8:57ampost #190 of 3568/2/12 at 9:06ampost #191 of 3568/2/12 at 9:27ampost #192 of 3568/2/12 at 9:32ampost #193 of 3568/2/12 at 9:50ampost #194 of 3568/2/12 at 10:10amThread Starterpost #195 of 3568/2/12 at 10:54ampost #196 of 3568/2/12 at 11:13ampost #197 of 3568/2/12 at 1:25pmpost #198 of 3568/2/12 at 2:00pmpost #199 of 3568/2/12 at 3:14pm
Lily- I have kind of a reduced schedule since I choose how many units I teach. I have 2 intro classes T/Th, both of which I have taught before, and some hours in the writing center. On M/W I have one Upper Div class I teach every semester (Women and Culture). so the lecture prep will not be that bad, but I still have to read all the papers.
boots- he'll come soon. Can't wait to hear about it.
Caly-Cara's so cute. These girls are a month old- amazing.
Scowgirl- pics of Evelyn?
Everyone else-hugs for now!
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › would you change your kid's name? 2 minutes ago
- › Baby tub? 5 minutes ago
- › Paraguard reviews - Mirena vs. Paragard IUD 7 minutes ago
- › How do you feel about being financially dependent? 9 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 15 minutes ago
- › picky neighbor kid is making my kid picky too 26 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures! 36 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 47 minutes ago
- › Columbus Indiana mamas? 49 minutes ago
- › Did you tell your children about Santa? 52 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo