QMTwins- How possible is it for you to have a doula with you for birth at your local hospital? That might prevent things like your babes being bathed without your consent, giving pacifiers, etc. if you do have to go under. I'm planning on having someone there to fight that fight for us, since DH and I will not likely be capable of doing that this time. I often worry what my reaction to newborns will be, and how I will feel with little babies, so I know I cant plan for a fight with a nurse. The past two time, I've just had DH snatch babies straight out of nurses hands. We didnt even let them hold babes to do the apgar (we were meanies). This time, Im hoping to have a doula keep track of the babes or be with me so DH can keep track of what's going on with the babes.
Im sorry the new OB sucks. I've got no advice about vbac-ing, but maybe there are people on the c-section forum that have good vbac stories about twins. Also, ICAN should be able to give you some links to stories and stuff. I know that there's a thread around here somewhere with twin birth stories- Ill try and dig it up.
AFM- So, my big anatomy scan is next week at the big, scary, MFM office in the city. This is the place that told me I needed an epidural, to deliver in the OR ,and cant have a doula when I went in for my nuchal scan. I've since talked with my OB, who was like "Psssha, they are not going to have time to do an epidural. You'll be lucky to make it there" (my son was born in three hours). She reminded me that it's my body, my decision, and that they can't force me to take any drugs I dont want. What are they going to do, refuse to deliver my babies because I say "no!" to the needle in my back? So, Im slightly inspired to say something to this OB (one of the 23 in the practice)
At any rate, I had previously decided that I wasnt up for a fight about this, but I am up for a fight. I am going to tell the doctor that I just dont believe her that I "have" to have an epidural, and that I will consent to being put under if I have to have a section. I will consent to delivering in the OR, and if babies are premature then I will understand that the doula cant be there, but I intend for her to be able to replace DH as soon as the babies are born so that he can go with them to provide supervision to our kids. Im going to try really hard not to get pushed around. Im so, super low risk: 2 successful, natural, vaginal, term deliveries- No inductions, no high blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, etc. I know it's still early, but Im in the mood to say something, and I dont know if I will be again.