Originally Posted by nyssaneala
I am really, really bad at organizing. I procrastinate all the time, so hopefully this thread will help! I know DH would appreciate it.
- Downstairs desk
- Home Office - we are trying to go paperless. I constantly put this off, I'm not a fan of scanning and shredding!
- DD's books
- DD's closet
- my car
I was going to post soon asking for suggestions on how to organize our desk space, so keep an eye out for that!
I came across a great little article in my mom's All You magazine that is aligned with where I'm at now organizing wise, so I've changed my plan for the month. I did organize DD's books before we left for the beach, and I will *hopefully* clean my car when we return home on Sunday. Then I'm going to try a once-a-day small clean-up, using the list from April's All You, starting mid-July and finishing mid-August. There are a few I know I can not do in one day (shredding unneccessary papers!!), but most of them actually seem doable.
My 30-day plan to banish clutter:
1. Create a central drop zone (we've lived in our new house for a year and I still haven't done this)
2. Weed out overstuffed coat closet
3. Stop shoe pile-up (I tackled this last month, so I think I'm just going to add a spot to store slippers by the door)
4. Purge your pantry
5. Establish food zones (I need to do this every few months, does anyone else's pantry go downhill quickly?)
6. Streamline spices.
7. Freshen the fridge
8. Tidy under the sink
9. Unify utensils
10. De-junk a drawer
11. Gather manualas and warranties into a single binder (this is already done, but I have a few that need to be added to it)
12. Create a command center (in one day, yeah right! But I'll at least start it and find a home to stash it!)
13. Get shredding (for me, this means working on scanning and paperless goal)
14. Put a label on it - files (since we are going paperless, this will be my day off from banishing clutter)
15. Tackle the magazine pile
16. Give electronic odds and ends a home
17. Wrangle your wires (we're good on this front...another day off!)
18. Rank your products - organize cleaning supplies.
19. Sort out linens (not needed - day off!)
20. Attack the bedroom closet (this will be DD's closet)
21. Prioritize footwear
22. Address dresser top (our dresser is fine, so I will target downstairs desk instead...our biggest problem spot)
23. Untangle jewelry
24. Organize kid's books (Done! But will probably have to address this by the time the 24th day rolls around!)
25. Corral stuffed animals (Will do a general tidy up of playroom)
26. Clean out medicine cabinet
27. Organize toiletries
28. Clear out the garage (we're okay on this front)
29. Go vertical - hang gear on wall (we do this to an extent, could probably do a little more)
30. Relax and enjoy clutter free home!