- 3,291 Posts. Joined 2/2002
- Location: in transition in ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 10:01 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Belly Pics?! Last post on 4/28/13 at 5:27am in April 2013 Due Date Club
- What are you eating? Last post on 4/1/13 at 10:06pm in I'm Pregnant
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
New Mama Survival Guide: Simple Tips for Going Natural
Edited on 11/15/12
- Liberated From Prenatal "Care"Edited on 4/7/13
- Two is a coincidence, three is a trend...Edited on 3/31/13
- Take Back the Baby FairEdited on 2/20/13
- Thread Placement In FertilityEdited on 11/9/10
Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! - Page 14post #261 of 6419/2/12 at 5:48pmDesert! Yay baby! She is beautiful!post #262 of 6419/2/12 at 6:17pmpost #263 of 6419/2/12 at 7:15pmpost #264 of 6419/2/12 at 7:35pmpost #265 of 6419/3/12 at 7:09ampost #266 of 6419/3/12 at 11:25ampost #267 of 6419/3/12 at 1:34pmpost #268 of 6419/3/12 at 3:26pmpost #269 of 6419/3/12 at 10:27pm
Everyone, thank you so SO much for your words of welcome for our little girl. We're overwhelmed by all the love. I still haven't gotten around to writing my remembrance of the labor, but DW was simply incredible. She is a warrior. Some more photos!
And wishin' - a quiet CONGRATS to you!!! Stick, little one!post #270 of 6419/4/12 at 6:16ampost #271 of 6419/4/12 at 6:38am
Desert, she is amazing! Sooooo gorgeous! Her amazing face! Her awesome hair! She is so snuggly! I am so happy for you two. I wish we could bring you a meal or offer to help out around the house, but since we're so far away a big hug to you all via the internet will have to do. Congratulations!!!
Wishin', that is very exciting!!! (Don't worry, I'm whispering!) A big but quiet congratulations to you!
As for us, we are at 36 weeks already! I can't believe we are a month from the due date. I am mostly feeling well, though I have had a lot of trouble with my feet getting reallllllly swollen. I am back at work now after a 2 month (dreamy) summer vacation, and it turns out that it causes a lot of stress on my pregnant body. My blood pressure went up a little bit, and that, along with the swelling, caused my midwives to get nervous that I might be showing early signs of pre-eclampsia! As you might imagine, this was very scary and stressful for me! Now, how is your blood pressure supposed to go down when you are worrying about something like that? THANKFULLY, my labs were all good, and my BP seems to be leveling out again. We're about to go in for our weekly appointment this morning, and I'm hoping the midwife will give us the clear to stop monitoring my BP daily and just go on as normal. We've been attending our birth class with Penny Simkin, which is awesome and super helpful, and slowly but surely trying to accumulate the things we think we'll need when our little one joins us. It's been a sweet time for the two of us, as we're very aware these are our last weeks together just the two of us, and it has been a tender and sweet experience.
Hello to everyone! Sending you all much love.post #272 of 6419/4/12 at 6:45ampost #273 of 6419/4/12 at 1:01pmpost #274 of 6419/4/12 at 1:14pmpost #275 of 6419/4/12 at 2:03pm
Desert! Congratulations!! She is just beautiful and already has a knowing look about her, even with her eyes closed. I love all that dark hair, too. And you look happy and wonderous and relaxed. Yay! I'm thrilled for you. I'm especially happy that your DP was able to give birth as she had hoped--what a gift! I can't wait to hear more about the birth and hope that the milk is coming in and that Ever is nursing well. If not, don't despair--there is much support to be had here and elsewhere.
Wishin: (whispering: YEE HAW!) Congratulations and hopes for sticky, healthy little bean.
Planet: 36 weeks! Wow! Are you doing prenatal yoga or meditation or anything to promote relaxation? Work can't be helping, I'm sure. I hope that the rest of the pregnancy is complication-free. And I'm glad that you are making some special time for you and DP right now. Sweet.
KnittingTigers: How goes early pregnancy? When are you going to tell DD? How are you feeling?
AFU: L is a head-knocking machine. She never stops moving, so she has cut way back on daytime nursing (still nursing lots before naps, in the evenings, and at night) and can find something to hit her head on in any room at any time. Early walking is rough! On the upside, we had a pool and pizza playdate with Mami's big, beautiful family yesterday and had a great time. Z thinks that Mami's oldest (12 yrs old) is just about the coolest thing since...ever? Mami's DD is an excellent role model, too--straight A student, athletic, and nice and opinionated. (Hope you don't mind my bragging for you, Mami). I'm so happy that Z has the chance to get to know her. What are the chances that we'd find another queer mama family with a daughter near Z's age AND babies in the house? And local! I'm so grateful for this board for connecting us.
post #276 of 6419/5/12 at 9:12am
Hi everyone! Just a quick post before I go teach. I will be six weeks tomorrow and the nausea hit me bad this week. I feel absolutely terrible. Like, waking up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep because I feel so bad. Also, in the midst of a battle to get the Chick Fil A off of our campus, I have been hit with the cruelest pregnancy craving: Chick Fil A waffle fries. I have not partaken, but the smell of them is killing me!
AmandaHope, we initially thought we'd wait until the second trimester to tell DD, but she has already told everyone in her class that we're going to have a new baby soon! I keep getting emails from other parents asking about our news. Yikes! We have an ultrasound on Saturday morning. We'll reevaluate after that.
Gotta run, but just popping in to say hi, and a quiet welcome to Wishin!post #277 of 6419/5/12 at 2:08pm
Thanks for the quiet welcome, and I'm still not here at least until our second beta happens on Friday...that's when I'll declare us graduated from TTC (for now...prior m/c has us gun shy).
But, DW's first beta was 156 at 15 dpo (the first beta for DS was only 50 at 14 dpo) so I'm feeling really optimistic! This all feels so different from the pregnancy that resulted in DS (largely b/c I'm not the gestator for this one--which I am quite happy about, truth be told!). Surreal, but much less anxious about the practical stuff that I obsessed over last time (there is no need for me to research cloth diapers and carriers for hours this time!) We have everything we need for another kidlet...so we just have to have a take home baby to use the stuff! I'm just not sure where to focus my energy/worry/excitement this time. I think part of it is going to be making sure that DW is VERY well fed...
Best of luck to Planet as you approach baby's b'day!
Tigers--with DS's pregnancy I kept half of a pb&j on wheat or an apple (depending on what "sounded" good) next to the bed, if I woke up queasy a bite of either would usually do the trick. I also sucked on ginger candy, had prego pops on hand at all times, and drank tons of ginger tea. Lemonade also helped.post #278 of 6419/6/12 at 4:34pmWelcome silently wishin
Hiya knitting tires I've been craving arbys roast beef like mad but we have none around here !!!! The closest one is 40 mins away
Sorry for lack of personals ..... But this pregnancy is kicking my ass ... I feel so tired all the time ... Today I feel so drained ... I try to take naps as often as I can ...
I can't wait for Monday we have our 10 week us ...I'm nervous and hoping the babies are doing well ..... Almost to the end of first trimester ...
Wondering how long I'm going to b able to keep working with an active 19 month old ....
We also found a small duplex we applied to move lowering our rent by about 700 a month and no housemate !!! It's a two bedroom but has a bonus room that can b used as guest room and play area ... And in same neighborhood ... So fx we get it .. Only sucky thing is we have to pay rent twice this month ....but at least now while im still working .....post #279 of 6419/7/12 at 1:24pm
Cananny, I hope you are able to get enough rest as you grow your trio. Knittin--I hope you've found something to scratch the chick-fil-a itch that's not chic-fil-a.
AFM--DW's beta was 490! So, I think we'll go ahead and declare us queer and pregnant!
And, I have to say, looking back through our posts it's kind of awesome that I can find record of our betas for 3 of our pregnancies (DS's, and a cycle where we m/c)...and it's nice to know that this beta is much higher than that when DW miscarried in early 2011. It also struck me how many folk we haven't heard from in FOREVER...So, I'm hoping that papa, lyndzies, and anyone else who's moved on/away from posting here is doing oh so very well...post #280 of 6419/7/12 at 3:53pmWishin, I'm subsisting primarily on bagels and cream cheese. Not ideal, I know. I've been joking that everyone in the family is going to need to start taking a prenatal, because no one has been eating well since I got sick.
Lots of folks (including Papa and Lyndzies) post regularly over on Facebook. Search for MDC Queer Parenting Group. Come find us over there!
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October!
- Liberated From Prenatal "Care"
- › The group pic 13 seconds ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 39 seconds ago
- › Doula- do or don't? 1 minute ago
- › starting Kindergarten 2 minutes ago
- › Tandem nursing thread 5 minutes ago
- › Advice for mom of highly gifted toddler 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone have HUGE temp rise at 9 dpo and NOT be pregnant? 7 minutes ago
- › Lump in groin/lymph area? 7 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 8 minutes ago
- › Who should post in Mindful Vaccination and I'm Not Vaccinating? 12 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo