Recent Images In This Thread
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryOvulation Pregnancy Teststagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productQueer Families, Common Agendas: Gay People, Lesbians, and Family Valuestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Belly Pics?! Last post on 4/28/13 at 5:27am in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- What are you eating? Last post on 4/1/13 at 10:06pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Treating Group B Strep: Are Antibiotics Necessary?Last edited: 9/29/10
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Labor Day rallies call for "Improving Birth"Last edited: 9/9/13
Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! - Page 24post #461 of 64110/1/12 at 12:54pmpost #462 of 64110/1/12 at 2:47pmkate--Yes, it did--although I had a low grade one again last night. Since it has gone down with a bit of Tylenol (and from Seraf's reassurance), I stopped freaking out so much about it. Now I am just dealing with a headache that has lasted three days and doesn't want to go away! I sure hope I feel better in the second trimester...it has been difficult to get anything done!
cananny--WOW! You are showing more than I am (and, obviously, much further along)...I think I will have to wait awhile to post a pic otherwise my bump will be laughable!
Okay, I never really talked about my first appointment and would like to vent for a second. When I was scheduled, I was scheduled for two appointments within a time span of 4 days (first with nurse and second one with doctor). I am going to this place because it is connected to a level 2 NICU (the closest level 3 is about 5 hours away) and hires doctors that have level 3 experience. Most other hospitals around are level 1. Anyway, while there the nurse asked me if I was "excited to hear the heartbeat for the first time". When I told her that I had heard three of them the week before, she looked at me shocked and said that she wondered why no one wrote that down. I also told her that my FS sent over all of my blood work and u/s...it took the office a half an hour to track them down. On the way out, she mentioned that I wasn't scheduled for an u/s and would have to schedule that on a totally different day...so I ended up scheduling one on the 15th. Doesn't this all seem a little crazy?? I think they might just be too busy for me--but am going to give them one more shot tomorrow when I meet the doctor. I don't know...maybe I am just overly sensitive.post #463 of 64110/1/12 at 9:55pm
Oh Isa, I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
Cananny - you look great! Lovely belly!
Lise - um, wow, your appointment experience sounds terrible! I can't believe they didn't have the records of your previous visits. I hope the doctor is freaking amazing to make up for all this crap you're going through. I hope this has all been a fluke, because it sounds like it's the safest place for you and the babies. Thinking of you.
Well, guess who is ONE MONTH OLD today? Our daughter! Wow! We're so in awe of her, and I cannot believe it's been a month. And it's October! I feel like I lost all of September this year. (I guess I kind of did!)
Who would I be without putting too many pictures in?post #464 of 64110/1/12 at 10:14pm
Desert ... Gorgeous pictures of your wee girl! I see that you're reading her "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" ... Have you seen the beautiful and whimsical Burning Man version on YouTube? My older child loves to watch it. Here is a linky-poo. Gives me shivers every time.
Cananny ... ROCK that belly, Mama! Whoo hoo! AWESOME!post #465 of 64110/3/12 at 10:11am
Desert - that is one seriously cute baby girl! I don't know about anyone else, but I could look at those photos all day! Thanks for sharing them.
Lise - How did it go with the doc? I think you should definitely follow your gut on this one. It would worry me too if I was dealing with care providers who seem disorganized. I don't think you are being overly sensitive.post #466 of 64110/3/12 at 10:12amYea! Doctor's appointment went very well this time around! I got to see the babies and they are doing just fine--2 are measuring a day older and the little runt is measuring two days younger. All of their heartbeats were great. Whew! I also found out that I will be put on bed rest at 20 weeks no matter what (end of December). I have 99.5 sick days (I never get sick normally so I save them up!) and the teachers are letting me use 7 or so days from our sick leave bank to make it to the end of the school year. So the good news is, I can continue to be paid throughout this time and will not have to return to work until next fall. What a relief!post #467 of 64110/3/12 at 10:30am
Lisedea--what good news on all fronts. If you have an e-reader that's compatible with your library system you may be able to set it up to download books at home for your bed rest from the library. You may also want to stock pile books that interest you in preparation!
AFM--DW had some cramping last night and this morning there was a small bump where there wasn't the day before! So, she is currently visibly pregnant if someone is REALLY looking (she's quite thin so doesn't have the layer of fluff that made me look merely chubby instead of pregnant until 20+ weeks!)post #468 of 64110/3/12 at 11:15am
Desert, I want to eat that baby! I mean, snuggle her...
Lise, SO GLAD you have the leave you need! My amazing boss just assured me that I'll be able to take at least four months off, which, while nothing to you Canadians, is a lot for the States. Let us know if you want reading suggestions for bedrest! I know it won't actually be much fun for you, but secretly the idea of lying around and reading for several months seems a tiny bit appealing...
Wishin, yay for bumps! I didn't show until 5 or 6 months with DD, but I'm already showing now at 9.5 weeks. It's crazy. People have actually ASKED, which is kind of extreme.
AFM, all is well here. After a lot of run arounds with various OB practices and nothing feeling right, we found a practice one town over where I can deliver with a midwife as long as Baby A is head down and I stay low-risk. If not, they have OBs as backups, and it seems like a better fit. Not psyched about driving 45 minutes for all of my appointments, but also not psyched about any of the options in our town, and pretty sure I won't end up with anything resembling the birth I want here, so driving seems worth it. And of course, remembering that Lise has to take a boat or plane to every appointment has kept things in perspective.:) (Also, Lise, I keep meaning to tell you that I lived on Nantucket for years, so your stories of island living make me nostalgic.)
Hope everyone else is doing well!
post #469 of 64110/3/12 at 11:20amLise... I too will b in mandatory bed rest around beg of December to keep the babies in until the goal of feb 24 th !! We can do this... Our babies are always different usually about a week behind my week and one is always right on or ahead ... Dr said for triplets it's normal .. I try not to worry but it's hard:)
You are really fortunate to have sick days ... So you plan to go back to work? What are you going to do with the babies?
My gender scan is set for the day after thanksgiving... Ummm think I need to change that it's also a 40 mins per baby scan! Crazy that I have to stay still that long !post #470 of 64110/3/12 at 4:49pmYes all, bring on the book recommendations! I don't have an e-reader...but maybe I should get one for this occasion! Our library (although cute and impressive for being in such a small place) has very limited selection. I will probably have to go inter library loans.
Cananny--Yes, I will go back to work. D has a pretty flexible work schedule as an Emergency Services director--in fact, much can be done at home. During her busiest months (summer) I will be on vacation so she can in the office as much as she needs to be. We are determined to make it work between the two of us. The only issue right now is dealing with when she is on call (as a paramedic). Things aren't incredibly busy around here (maybe one call a day during the summer months..less often in the winter) but we have to be prepared for very last minute calls. And WAIT A MINUTE! 40 minutes PER BABY? You have got to be kidding me!
wishin'--I think it is time to post some bump shots! I am fairly thin myself but my stomach makes me looks like I am months further than I am. AND it is hard! Like, pregnant hard! So weird. It is so difficult to hide this from my young students...I plan on not telling them until Halloween but I don't know if I can wait that long!
Check out the shirt I ordered: http://gladditudesbumptees.spreadshirt.com/triplets-skeleton-maternity-costume-A10746533/customize/color/2
I got the idea from the May DDC on here...I didn't think there were triplet shirts at first until I did some serious searching!
And Knitting--Yes, it helps to know you are going to a place that you will get what you need! Sometimes it is hard to keep those things in perspective but I have to keep reminding myself of how beautiful of a place I live (to justify the flying) and that in order to keep my babies healthy, I have to drive an extra 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there. In the end, all worth it.post #471 of 64110/4/12 at 5:49ampost #472 of 64110/4/12 at 8:30amQuote:
I'm in! I've got my own YA novels to send or heaps of other novels to pass along.post #473 of 64110/4/12 at 9:05ampost #474 of 64110/4/12 at 9:23am
Hi All! I am cautiously joining your board after a very recent BFP. . . I haven't even been to the Dr. yet but would love to chat and get some support while I wait on that! I know some of you from the TTC board and look forward to getting to know others! I am mom to a wonderful 19 month old boy and my DH who is FTM and I are so excited about hopefully giving him a sibling. We used a KD who is the husband of our KD for DS and actually got our BFP from shipped sperm on our fourth month trying so it feels like a little bit of a miracle. Anyway, biting the bullet of introducing myself over here and hoping I get to stay a while!!post #475 of 64110/4/12 at 9:37amWhat all do you two like to read? I have access to a shelf of review copies of novels--no idea what's good, but it's all new and shiny! I'm pretty indiscriminate in my reading, but i'm happy to send on anything you want!
ETA: Hi, Cordelia! Welcome on over! I hope you're here for quite a while, too! When is your dr appointment to confirm the good news?post #476 of 64110/4/12 at 9:42am
Welcome, Cordelia! May you be here for a healthy and happy nine months! Also, not sure if we've connected about this before, but my DP is also FTM, and we have a four year old.
Cananny and Lise, what kind of books do you guys like? Everyone else who's interested in the book train, let's make a list, and then Lise and Cananny can send out one big PM with their addresses.
post #477 of 64110/4/12 at 9:43ampost #478 of 64110/4/12 at 9:50ampost #479 of 64110/4/12 at 12:46pmpost #480 of 64110/4/12 at 2:00pm
- Treating Group B Strep: Are Antibiotics Necessary?
- › Long post - anxieties as the parent of a too smart kid 11 minutes ago
- › Bed times 31 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 35 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 37 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 39 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 40 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › How to overcome my social anxiety so DD can meet other kiddos? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Hair today... 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Is it wrong to get a tattoo while on welfare? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh